How to add fans if ur motherboard doesnt support more than 6 fans

EnTITy
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

whats the optimal number of fans in this case

its my first time so im quite inexperienced

Assuming you're using a single tower heatsink, you'd probably be good with 8 total fans: 3x on the graphics card, 1x in the psu, 1x on the heatsink, 2x 140mm's for front intake, and 1x 140mm for rear exhaust.

How to add fans if ur motherboard doesnt support more than 6 fans.
MoBo is MSI z97s sli krait edition

Case is H440

1 G1 970

Air cooler cpu

how many fans would be optimal for this case

Fan splitter cables?

H440, I don't know how many fans. Usually the fewest you can have while still getting the performance you want.

Sig under construction.

I don't know why you want to have more that 6 fans in your case (unless if you're watercooling maybe), but you can hook up fans to Molex connectors on your PSU. There are adapter cables that let you connect 2/3 fans per Molex.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I don't know why you want to have more that 6 fans in your case (unless if you're watercooling maybe), but you can hook up fans to Molex connectors on your PSU. There are adapter cables that let you connect 2/3 fans per Molex.

I see it comes stock with 4 fans included, no? 3 in the front, 1 in the back?

That would be the best layout, I think, stock. Maybe switch 1 front to the top as an exhaust, but may want to keep a positive air pressure to eliminate dust. (assuming the intakes are filtered)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Fan splitter cables?

H440, I don't know how many fans. Usually the fewest you can have while still getting the performance you want.

Sig under construction.

How to add fans if ur motherboard doesnt support more than 6 fans.

MoBo is MSI z97s sli krait edition

Case is H440

1 G1 970

Air cooler cpu

how many fans would be optimal for this case

You can use the fan splitter in the back of the h440, though that will be loud because they run at 100%. You could buy a 6V adapter.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Assuming you're using a single tower heatsink, you'd probably be good with 8 total fans: 3x on the graphics card, 1x in the psu, 1x on the heatsink, 2x 140mm's for front intake, and 1x 140mm for rear exhaust.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Bear in mind that fan header in your motherboard have a limit, DO NOT connect more than 2 fans (using fan splitters) for each fan header.

You can connect a fan splitter and have 2 fans in each header and it would be fine 99.9% of the time but more than 2 is asking for trouble.

If you are already using splitters and still need more fans get a fan controller (google it up) something like the NZXT Sentry 2 (very popular hardware fan controller) or NZXT Grid +(as in plus) (a software fan controller ) which Linus and Luke reviewed here

For that case, 4 fans, 3 in front, one in rear

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."