Which Fan and where?

Sukka38

So I want to buy new fans for my PC but which one and where?

should I replace fan 1 and fan 2 with Corsair SP120

or should I replace fan 1 and fan 3 with Corsair AF120?

What do you think?

PS. Don't look at my cable management, this is an older picture :D

post-180428-0-30434300-1429045295.jpg

Akkus Kursat

Fan 1 and 2 with SP120's. Getting more air through the heatsink will help and air is hard to move over drives and cables so the extra static pressure will help.

That's not supposed to do that....

Fan 1 and 2 with SP120's. Getting more air through the heatsink will help and air is hard to move over drives and cables so the extra static pressure will help.

This.

Also, add an extra fan above fan 1

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

the cpu fan wont make that much a difference, change out the case fans first. 

This.

Also, add an extra fan above fan 1

Yup, that's a good idea.

Sig under construction.

Fan 2 will definately need a Static flow fan so SP120 .  Fan 1 is a bit more problematic,  but as a static pressure fan usually works in any situation I would also have an SP120 in this position.

Fan 4 doesn't add or detract from flow as it is completely seperated from the case internals whilst 2 only blows through the heat sink  so 1 = in and 3= out but as it gets a LITTLE help from 2 you have slight negative pressure. To get proper positive pressure I would add another intake fan probably at the front (can you mount two fans at the front), so the other fan would be beside Fan1

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Quiet edition?

Akkus Kursat

Fan 2 will definately need a Static flow fan so SP120 .  Fan 1 is a bit more problematic,  but as a static pressure fan usually works in any situation I would also have an SP120 in this position.

Fan 4 doesn't add or detract from flow as it is completely seperated from the case internals whilst 2 only blows through the heat sink  so 1 = in and 3= out but as it gets a LITTLE help from 2 you have slight negative pressure. To get proper positive pressure I would add another intake fan probably at the front (can you mount two fans at the front), so the other fan would be beside Fan1

No I can't fit a second one

Akkus Kursat

Akkus Kursat

No I can't fit a second one

What about changing that 120 for a 140?

Every little(very) helps

The ones you have seem to have purple lighting/LEDs so, perhaps:-

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/140mm-corsair-air-series-sp140-purple-led-high-static-pressure-fan-single-pack

"This too shall pass"

What about changing that 120 for a 140?

Every little(very) helps

The ones you have seem to have purple lighting/LEDs so, perhaps:-

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/140mm-corsair-air-series-sp140-purple-led-high-static-pressure-fan-single-pack

I already have ordered them, but still thanks.

This is my first PC build so for a future upgrade maybe a 140mm fan, who knows

Akkus Kursat

I bought new Corsair SP120 fans and I installed them as shown on the picture.

I have 2 fans that I don't use, so I thought installing the standard CoolerMaster CPU cooler back on its place and installing SP120 (2) at the back of the cooler, because after installing the SP120 it didn't cool that well as with the standard fan 

What do you think? Should I do it different or is it okay?

and what can I do with the other fan that I don't use?

post-180428-0-93609000-1429188095_thumb.

post-180428-0-40996100-1429188104_thumb.

Akkus Kursat

You can save the unused fans for later.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Maybe another one at the front and one a top or bottom.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Maybe another one at the front and one a top or bottom.

^^^^ This, if your case support it then put it there, just make sure the airflow is good.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

The blackish COOLER MASTER one looks like a Static pressure fan but the clearish one has the looks of an airflow one, perhaps mount the SP one at the front and the air flow looking one at the bottom (is there an intake area in the area between the PSU and the hard drive cage?) where it only has to fight the intake filter.

Doesn't look like there is enough space above the CPU cooler for another fan, but if that is all there is...

"This too shall pass"

^^^^ This, if your case support it then put it there, just make sure the airflow is good.

The blackish COOLER MASTER one looks like a Static pressure fan but the clearish one has the looks of an airflow one, perhaps mount the SP one at the front and the air flow looking one at the bottom (is there an intake area in the area between the PSU and the hard drive cage?) where it only has to fight the intake filter.

Doesn't look like there is enough space above the CPU cooler for another fan, but if that is all there is...

I want to install a second one at the front, so there is space but when I install a second one the cables get in the way (at the front), and no I don't have space at the bottom or top :(

I'm gonna upgrade to a NZXT H44 when I can find the money.

So this is want to do (from right to left) Case fan 1 > SP120 (2) > CoolserMaster Fan > SP120 (1) and maybe a second one at the front if I can fit one. I'm gonna try once more

Akkus Kursat

I want to install a second one at the front, so there is space but when I install a second one the cables get in the way (at the front), a

Then route the cables so they aren't "in the way"( extensions are availlable if the length of the cable affects the routing).

http://www.amazon.com/3-pin-Power-Extension-Computer-18inch/dp/B0055LVE0E

or PWM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CBFA01-30-PWM-Extension-Cable/dp/B003VYB76I

You could of course break out the soldering iron and extend the cables yourself.

Edited to add :-

How about a fansplitter from  fanheader that you use to both front fans?

"This too shall pass"

Then route the cables so they aren't "in the way"( extensions are availlable if the length of the cable affects the routing).

http://www.amazon.com/3-pin-Power-Extension-Computer-18inch/dp/B0055LVE0E

or PWM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CBFA01-30-PWM-Extension-Cable/dp/B003VYB76I

You could of course break out the soldering iron and extend the cables yourself.

Edited to add :-

How about a fansplitter from  fanheader that you use to both front fans?

I mean the cables of the front panel itself, so USB 3.0, audio,... 

Akkus Kursat