Things you will consider while buying a '''GAMING''' monitor.

Please do leave a comment stating which monitor you use and what you recommend to go for with these specs.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI GeForce GTX 970

Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)

Thank you for your help and please do leave a comment that would help a lot.

EDIT

also mention the resolution u prefer. (4k too costly for me)

LG 34UM95-P

LG 29UB65

Asus MX299Q

Acer B286H

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

20-24" is optimal, but it depends on how far away from the screen you are. Anything 5ms or less is fine but for gaming 1-2ms is the best. Also, 60Hz is OK for gaming, but 120-144Hz is preferred especially in fps games, also, you have a GPU that can take advantage of the 120-144Hz screen so I suggest doing so. :)

getting an ips display with that good refresh rate will be very costly i guess.

Asus PB all the way. 

20-24" is optimal, but it depends on how far away from the screen you are. Anything 5ms or less is fine but for gaming 1-2ms is the best. Also, 60Hz is OK for gaming, but 120-144Hz is preferred especially in fps games, also, you have a GPU that can take advantage of the 120-144Hz screen so I suggest doing so. :)

yeah i agree but getting an ips display with that refresh rate and response time will be very costly.

Please do leave a comment stating which monitor you use and what you recommend to go for with these specs.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI GeForce GTX 970

Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)

Thank you for your help and please do leave a comment that would help a lot.

Well a budget on the monitor would be nice and if you want 1080p, 1440p, or 4k.

I personally like 144hz monitors so in games that I play that have screen tearing I can get the most FPS from my system without screen tearing.

Well a budget on the monitor would be nice and if you want 1080p, 1440p, or 4k.

I personally like 144hz monitors so in games that I play that have screen tearing I can get the most FPS from my system without screen tearing.

1440p atmost

1440p atmost

Budget?

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Budget?

I dont have exact idea for the budget (around 250$). i want decent gaming performance and would like if it could be achieved in less than 250 bucks. i just wanted to know like over which things i should not compromise. Like response time should be less than 5ms.