I need a gaming mouse.

BghMc

I hate their mouse feet personally I seem to wear them out much quicker and they leave stuff all over my mousepads.

So far mine has held up pretty well. I hope that doesn't happen to mine!

CASE: Coolermaster HAF XM CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k @ 4.5ghz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 CPU COOLER: Corsair Hydro Series H110 RAM: 16GB G.skill Ripjaws Z series PSU: Corsair HX850 MOBO: ASUS P9X79 LE HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB, Crucial M4 128GB SSD MOUSE:Roccat Kone XTD KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K95 MONITOR:  ASUS VE248H 24" LCD x2 / AOC G2460PG x1

So far mine has held up pretty well. I hope that doesn't happen to mine!

Mine usually go in a couple months it that depending on which hard pad I use. The 3rd party replacement feet last much longer.

Okay guys, I refunded my Corsair M95 (I got it) because the G700s was availible. Should I get it? Also, how about the Razer Naga 2012 or should I wait until they have the Razer Naga 2014 in stock?

And look what I found!

http://imgur.com/UdPORor

Did you buy it?

No because I don't know anything about it. Is it any good? I know it's legendary but it doesn't have much buttons. Beside. They have at least 2. 

No because I don't know anything about it. Is it any good? I know it's legendary but it doesn't have much buttons. Beside. They have at least 2. 

I have never used it myself.

I don;t know about the legendary part, but I have the first gen G9, it's still in awesome shape and works like the very first day I'd gotten it. I don't care about sensor type used and such, to me, this is a near perfect mouse. I'm not pulling your leg, this is an awesome mouse, though the Razer/optical fanboys would disagree. I had gotten this mouse 5-6 years back, it's still one of my fave gaming mice....

20130521_162217_zps551d405c.jpg

I'm using it on my 2nd rig, it handles all the FPS games I've thrown at it with ease. Bear in mind, I've been using Laser mice for a while now, so I'm kind of used to it.....below is a pic of my other mice. Currently using the Roccat Kond XTD (the one on the left) as my main gaming rig ouse of choice. Actually, a good cheap mouse to get, uses optical instead of laser, is the one on the right, Cooler Master Xornet. I use it on my 3rd rig and I have no issue with my kill ratios in UT3 and Quake 3 Arena. The mouse in the middle, Thermaltake Level 10M, has been mothballed. I'm keeping it as a spare mouse should I have to replace or RMA my other mice.

20130724_161450_zpsd17febb4.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Okay, I'll think about it but a lot of mice are also the same price or a tad bit more like the Naga, Orochi e.t.c 

I don;t know about the legendary part, but I have the first gen G9, it's still in awesome shape and works like the very first day I'd gotten it. I don't care about sensor type used and such, to me, this is a near perfect mouse. I'm not pulling your leg, this is an awesome mouse, though the Razer/optical fanboys would disagree. I had gotten this mouse 5-6 years back, it's still one of my fave gaming mice....

I'm using it on my 2nd rig, it handles all the FPS games I've thrown at it with ease. Bear in mind, I've been using Laser mice for a while now, so I'm kind of used to it.....below is a pic of my other mice. Currently using the Roccat Kond XTD (the one on the left) as my main gaming rig ouse of choice. Actually, a good cheap mouse to get, uses optical instead of laser, is the one on the right, Cooler Master Xornet. I use it on my 3rd rig and I have no issue with my kill ratios in UT3 and Quake 3 Arena. The mouse in the middle, Thermaltake Level 10M, has been mothballed. I'm keeping it as a spare mouse should I have to replace or RMA my other mice.

How did you change the color of the G9x? And will it work with my Windows 8?Like do I need to use the disc or the online installer?  and will it last long?

Just popping my head in here to say if I had to get a laser mouse, it'd be the G9x.

ok so i though i used higher than 6400 but I dont I use 6400 in planetside 2 and games as youve just described. Also if I had 3 27in monitors i might use something higher than I do now

Nothing on a software or user end can increase the precision of the mouse but the mouse usually isnt the problem its the user which is why that would technically increase precision. I know why they disabled it but im trying to day its not bane of the mouse issues people make it out to be. If I had the choice to use it or not i wouldnt but I do understand why it was created and existed which is my eyes is just as important as proclaiming it must be killed with fire if not more.

i agree that I personally dont touch mouse setting in windows (except for disabling acceleration) or in game when possible. Your best just leaving that as is and adjusting your DPI to the level you like and are used to. I use 1600 normally, 400 for sniping or other precision stuff, and 3200 on my desktop but still have the other 2 available for when I need more accuracy. Using super high DPI usually gives you worse tracking due to noise. Manufactures are now recommending dpi for their mice. For example the CM Storm Spawn they recommend 800 dpi as that is the highest the sensor and do without interpolation and their currently the only manufacturer with that sensor that does 800 dpi without interpolation the others only do 400. O in the case of the Naga 2014 that just showed up here yesterday in the software razer recommends between 1600 and 1800 dpi.

The other thing I would like to point out that I just noticed is that the Deathadder 2013 isnt optical its Infrared which may explain why the sensor isnt in all their mice?

Correction, the DA 2013 is optical.

What's the kboard yo. Ducky s2?

Probably the Ducky S Zero :D

It has lighting too right? 

Probably the Ducky S Zero :D

It has lighting too right? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you change the color of the G9x? And will it work with my Windows 8?Like do I need to use the disc or the online installer?  and will it last long?

It's a Ducky Shine II Special Edition with white key caps.

As for my G9 (non-X, mine's the first gen G9, I have not even changed the feet on the mouse because it's so durable), the LED color can be changed via Logitech Setpoint software. I'm not sure if it works with Win8, you'd prolly have to check on the Logitech webby tech support section......but, I believe it should.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

It's a Ducky Shine II Special Edition with white key caps.

As for my G9 (non-X, mine's the first gen G9, I have not even changed the feet on the mouse because it's so durable), the LED color can be changed via Logitech Setpoint software. I'm not sure if it works with Win8, you'd prolly have to check on the Logitech webby tech support section......but, I believe it should.

It does have it also

Does the Ducky Shine Zero have lighting?

It does have it also

Does the Ducky Shine Zero have lighting?

I'd posted a link in your keyboard thread with the specs for Ducky Shine Zero, it has lighting, hence the 'Shine' moniker/designation.

Dude just go for the deathadder. RAT 5 and g700 both SUCK

o no you didnt just diss the G700!

Oh hell no! Anyways.

I'll probably choose the G700s unless there's a better mouse :) 

But but it has a laser sensor.... comfy as a pillow, but who cares about that right ? :P

what's the difference between an optical and laser mouse? 

For MMO gaming The 2014 Naga

For FPS, Intellimouse 3.0

For FPS and a bit of MMO and Ps work, G400(G400s is also okay if you want a wireless mouse at times)

The Syndicate

But but it has a laser sensor.... comfy as a pillow, but who cares about that right ? :P

Its so comfy and ergonomic and has wireless that works for gaming of and is so nice for like everything else I do regularly on my PCs too

what's the difference between an optical and laser mouse? 

Optical: a led emits the light (can be IR also see Deathadder 2013)

Laser: a IR laser emits the light

For MMO gaming The 2014 Naga

For FPS, Intellimouse 3.0

For FPS and a bit of MMO and Ps work, G400(G400s is also okay if you want a wireless mouse at times)

My top picks would be:

G700s

Deathadder 2013

Naga 2014

CM Storm Spawn