looking for recommendations for VHS to digital conversion

as the title says, i have VHS movies that i want to convert to digital format. so im asking for kit recommendations. no real idea of max price range rite now, but ill take price/ quality recommendations.

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

get a capture card and plug your vhs player into it, then record it with the PC.

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

as the title says, i have VHS movies that i want to convert to digital format. so im asking for kit recommendations. no real idea of max price range rite now, but ill take price/ quality recommendations.

If you have a VCR, then just get a capture card with composite input

"Rawr XD"

http://www.amazon.co.uk I bought this recently and it's been great, the quality is as good as you could hope for with VHS and the software has been rock solid, the only issue I've run into is occasional audio sync problems, but using AVIdemux I got them matched up again in about 5 minutes, and its only happened once so far.

There's a bit of an annoyance with it though, it won't allow you to record until there's a signal detected from the VHS deck, which can be an issue if it's a home recorded tape that starts abruptly, but that is such a minor gripe that it doesn't bother me, and as long as you carefully time when you press play on the VHS deck and record in the software, you can get all of the tape.
It also only records in MPEG2, which is annoying cause I like keeping all my video stuff as MP4 where possible as it works with almost everything I own and the file sizes are much more reasonable compared to MPEG2.

But I'm so glad I bought it because I found some awesome stuff on our lasses dads tapes, like one where he made armour for Rick Mayall when he starred in an (unfortunately) unused Nintendo advert in the late 80's early 90's, and you got to see the advert being made and see what Rick Mayall was really like to work with, which was pretty damn cool to watch :)

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=312315&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmLipBRC59O_EqJ_E0asBEiQATYdNh9y213RUcqdunT3Iquj4h3zIMjQwtWmytLIpPPNg-mwaAgKD8P8HAQ&Q=&is=REG&A=details

If you have a FireWire connector, you could use something like this with software such as Premiere Pro or WinDV possibly. You could even just get the premiere pro trial to see if it will work.