Tutorial: Overclock 7850k

flatline

Hi all,

I would like to request to the general public on how to overclock the A10 7850k using Sniper A88x mobo.

I searched through google and they have all the settings but did not say on how to set it nor on where to set it.

As it may seem I am a newbie at overclocking as I am comming from an intel based system which I never even tried to once overclock my rig.

System:

Proc: AMD A10 Kaveri 7850k

Mobo: Gigabyte Sniper A88x

Ram: 2x4gig G Skill Sniper 1600 CL9

PSU: Seasonic M12ii 620w Bronze Modular

Vcard: Sapphire Dual X 270x

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Seidon 120m

Any help would be appriciated.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for the reply however that does not give me any details as to how to overclock it using the BIOS. 

It's the same as basically any other cpu.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

No CPU is created equal. Some may reach 5Jiggahertz, some may barely reach an overclock at all. Yours has an unlocked multiplier, so play around with it a bit. Up it by one, reboot, run a stress test. Crash? More voltage. Succes? Go back and up the multiplier some more.

Alternatively, you could adjust base clock by itself or in addition to multiplier overclocking. The baseclock also impacts memory speed, so change your memory multiplier/clock speed accordingly.

The testing procedure is the same. Adjust clocks, test them by stressing the CPU, and if it crashes, up the voltage. Don't go too high though as temperatures will explode.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Hi all thanks for the reply however thats the problem. I dont even know how to adjust the voltages or multiplier or even where to adjust them 

Hi all thanks for the reply however thats the problem. I dont even know how to adjust the voltages or multiplier or even where to adjust them 

i would suggest you look at one of Linuses overclocking guides. Even though you might only find some for intel platform the prozedure is almost the same. As you might have realized you have to go into the bios... Do that by pressing whatever button it is for your motherboard, it usually tells you during bootup. You have to now enter the advanced options menue to access all the overclocking settings. I would suggest you DO NOT touch the voltages of any sort. Try just adjusting the multiplier and see how high it goes. Also always go in small steps. Dont just dial in 5 Ghz... Good luck