OC 5930k 4.2 Ghz max?

Hey, I was wondering about only being able to get only an overclock on 4.2 Ghz max on my intel core i7 5930k. I'm new at overclocking, so was wondering about the settings for the CPU might not be the most optimal. My PC is aircooled by a cooler master v8 gts. But I atleast hoped for an OC about 4.5 Ghz even though it's aircooling. So whats i''m asking is the most optimal setting in the bios and how to tune it the best way.
PC:
Asus Rampage V extreme
Asus 780 ti
I7 5930k - CM v8 GTS
fractal design define r3
zalman 1000W PSU
hyperx predator 2133 mhz (8x4gb)

You should know that overclocking is still a practice based partially on luck. Not every chip overclocks the same, one could easily hit 5 GHz, and another can hardly go above 4.2. (Even if the cpu is the same!) Personally I hoped to OC my Athlon 760K to some mad sick GHZ like 4.9, but I only managed 4.2, even on watercooling.

I don't know whether this is the case with your CPU, but it's just something to keep in mind. 

(Also follow your topic @Lucasbjs :))

You should know that overclocking is still a practice based partially on luck. Not every chip overclocks the same, one could easily hit 5 GHz, and another can hardly go above 4.2. (Even if the cpu is the same!) Personally I hoped to OC my Athlon 760K to some mad sick GHZ like 4.9, but I only managed 4.2, even on watercooling.

I don't know whether this is the case with your CPU, but it's just something to keep in mind. 

(Also follow your topic @Lucasbjs :))

why would you get water cooling for a low end cpu, when you could just get an i5 with stock cooler instead

why would you get water cooling for a low end cpu, when you could just get an i5 with stock cooler instead

It was a seidon 120v, which I bought for like €35

It was a seidon 120v, which I bought for like €35

lol nice

Aren't those expensive CPUs cherry-picked? I mean it would be a huge disappointment after paying all that money just to get a bad overclocker. I know it's six cores and all but...

OP, maybe you aren't applying enough voltage? What's your current Vcore? Every chip OCs differently.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I'm currectly on 1.2 core coltage. But i've tried different. from up to 1.3v at 4.5 Ghz. But that was waaaay unstable. The temps goes up to about 82-85C. At 4.2 Ghz under load i think it's about 72C.