sli 2x16 3x8 4x8'. what does this mean? :)

sli 2x16 3x8 4x8'. what does this mean? :)

i know the first number is the number of cards in sli. but what does the 16 and 8 mean.

if there is some perforcement decreases can you get a motherboard that support fx. 4x16 ?

i hope that someone can help me. :)

and sry about the bad explaining of the question.

I'm not exactly sure what you saying. Are you saying when there are two cards populating the board is there a difference between PCI-e 3.0 16x and 8x? If so, no, there is enough bandwith on PCI-e 3.0 8x that you will never see a difference. 

perfrel_1920.gif

I think this will answer your question.

2x16 means 2 GPU SLI config, both cards running on 16x or the full bandwidth on a PCI-E connection

3x8 means 3 GPU SLI config, all 3 cards running on 8x or half the bandwidth on a PCI-E connection

4x8 means 4 GPU SLI config, all 4 cards running on 8x or half the bandwidth on a PCI-E connection

This is also the same if you want to use CrossFire, ( For AMD cards ) It also depends on the motherboard you are going to use, Some support more 16x PCI-E connections then others, this all varies on the chipset.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build