Halo Online Now Has LAN/MP Support - Pictures Inside

EChondo

Hello all, as a long time Halo fan I'd like to do a quick PSA for everyone.

If you don't know what Halo Online is, it will eventually be a "F2P" shooter that is run on the Halo 3 engine, but uses Halo 4 gunplay, you can read about it from 343 here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-online-closed-beta-launching-in-russia

If you want a summary of why/how we can play it, then the gist of it is that there is suppose to be a Closed Beta of the game for Russians only coming "soon", but the game got leaked and a group of modders have banded together to get it working for everyone, not just Russians. As of right now, the game is available to download illegally via torrenting(can't link due to forum rules) and has been patched by the community to now allow LAN/System Link, so with Virtual-LAN programs(Evolve/Hamachi, just use Evolve though) we can play online against each other.

Halo Online has just been modified to allow LAN play, with this now enabled we technically have MP support via programs like Evolve. Here is the Official Halo Online Evolve Public Parties that you can join and find people to play Halo Online with.

This game runs flawlessly for me and I have been having so much fun with the game. It honestly feels like Halo 3, but has Halo 4 qualities(like sprint and bloom). Unfortunately I cannot directly link you the files since it is "piracy"(even though the game is F2P) and I do not wish to be flagged for linking pirated content on the forums.

Also I'd like to add that the game has full customizable keyboard options and has gamepad support, the bad side is that the game has permanent Aim Assist for the time being, but in the IRC chat from the modders, they are trying to get rid of it. It doesn't effect me as much, but that I'd make this aware to others as some are put off of Aim Assist completely.

Oh and the game goes up to 90 FoV, but there is a command prompt that also is launched with the game and you can set the FoV in that to as high as 150.

Screenshots have been updated.

AIOHY4O.png

HpRW8er.png

4uKWNLz.png

nYBBofm.png

vWfe1Q5.png

J9bU4vy.png

irgGUTy.png

dRLjg8K.png

nT4q9Bn.png

XyQLeDA.png

qzC0hwF.png

DrUV5nd.png

3BkQhAQ.png

fGJ9R1Q.png

GMohxiG.jpg

cs2uIJR.png

As you can see, the game looks phenomenal, but it is limited in functionality. No Theater mode, Forge is very basic, and I believe you can only use the default maps and game types that come with the game files, for now. Also there is no singleplayer since the campaign wasn't part of the game files. So for now, it's only multiplayer, but theory is that if we can decrypt Halo MCC's game files, we might be able to add the singleplayer and maps for Halo 3 and other versions of the other games that run off of the Halo 3 engine, again this is a theory and rumor.

Again, I can't link anything, but if you want to play Halo Online, there is a sub-Reddit that can help you. Best of luck! If you guys have any questions by all means ask below.

Also to mods, if there is anything wrong in my post(pertaining to forum rules) you are free to change as you please and/or message me to change anything. I'm not here to break the rules, I just want people to know about this.

*Edit, formatting.

*Edit 2, added in-game pictures. If anyone has any requests for pictures ask below.

*Edit 3, added some more information about the game.

*Edit 4, added links to read about Halo Online and what it is.

Noice.

Do you mind PMing me with a link to said sub-reddit? ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

damn game should be released elsewhere, screw russia,

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

#HaloOffline

This is a community mod right?

Yes and no, Halo Online is a F2P game that MS/343 released/are going to release to Russia in a closed beta, supposedly someone on 4Chan obtained the closed beta files and released them out in the open, then a group of modders formed and have brought the game to the rest of the world and have been modding it allow different things, like LAN just recently.

Halo Waypoint has a write up on it: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-online-closed-beta-launching-in-russia

Aw sweet. Setting it up now. Can't wait to finally play some Halo Online!

(FYI right there with you on being a huge Halo fan.)

EDIT: THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUN. Just like back when I originally played Halo 3!
:D

COMIC SANS

I don't get why it was only released just in Russia. Makes no sense.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

Aw sweet. Setting it up now. Can't wait to finally play some Halo Online!

(FYI right there with you on being a huge Halo fan.)

I've been playing since its release back in 2001 when I was 5 years old! I got into multiplayer late in Halo 2, but I was there the whole way through for Halo 3. This brings back so many memories it is unbelievable. So I know you understand why I'm excited to share this with others :D

I don't get why it was only released just in Russia. Makes no sense.

I believe they wanted to test the waters, of all places Russia though, I have no idea. Honestly I don't even think the beta is released in Russia yet, I think it was leaked. Microsoft already sent a takedown notice to the modders and they told them to piss off. Now here we are a week later playing Halo online on PC. As said by one of the devs of the modding community; "This is an experience 8 years overdue."

*Edit,

EDIT: THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUN. Just like back when I originally played Halo 3!

:D

Glad you like it! I've been jumping between slayer and other gametypes all day. Can't wait until they fix Infection, right now zombies can use guns, but can't pick guns up on the map. Other than that, it's pretty fun. Hopefully they can get game type customization working soon :D