Audio Editing Software

yas1320

Hi Guys,

Need your help!

I need to edit some audio files.  I was wondering what the best software to use?  I would like a professional finish to the audio files.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

Need your help!

I need to edit some audio files.  I was wondering what the best software to use?  I would like a professional finish to the audio files.

Thanks in advance.

Audacity probably.

What exactly are you looking for?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Free: Audacity

Paid: Pro Tools.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Hi Guys,

Need your help!

Thanks in advance.

I've Used audacity since year 11. Damn, it still does the job. 

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Audacity probably.

What exactly are you looking for?

I will be editing teachers lectures and audio stories. In many cases I'll have merge two or three tracks togetheR and the volume etc will be different on each track. So will need to normalize the volume etc.

I can recomend "Gold wave". It is free and can do nearly every DSP option i know. Abd it can covert the file to every formar i know. Normalizing volume is possibe to. But i the beginning you have to get used to the UI. Just to many functions...

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I can recomend "Gold wave". It is free and can do nearly every DSP option i know. Abd it can covert the file to every formar i know. Normalizing volume is possibe to. But i the beginning you have to get used to the UI. Just to many functions...

Thanks for your suggestion. Are there any tutorials for gold wave.

Thanks for your suggestion. Are there any tutorials for gold wave.

It it not so bad. I figure aut everything I needed within 10 minutes. Just look through the menus. The icons are self-explaining:

http://www.goldwave.com/index.php

post-216771-0-77831800-1428834772_thumb.

post-216771-0-77831800-1428834772_thumb.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

If you're willing to pay, nothing beats Avid Pro Tools. It is the industry standard when it comes to audio.

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

:) Thanks everyone!  I will look into these.

Oh, I should also say that Adobe Audition is a sweet audio editing software too. I've personally used both Pro Tools and Audition CS6 (also Audacity) and I find that Pro Tools is amazing for doing things like mixing a band into a track but Audition is excellent for things such as noise removal for movies. The fact that Audition integrates with the other programs in the creative cloud/suite (specifically After Effects and Premiere Pro) may be another reason why you might want to get Audition over Pro Tools.

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120