GPUs, GPUs and more GPUs

TehMiik

Okay, so I was looking through Amazon, eBay and Gumtree for video cards. I want to know, what would be the most powerful setup. I game triple 1080p mon's, I render and edit video and I design graphics. 

-Triple 770s

-Triple 680s

-Dual r9-290x's

-Dual 970s

-Single reference 980

-Single reference 780Ti

Please rank in order with most powerful first, least powerful last.

Main Rig: Intel i7 3930k @4.0GHz---8GB Ballistix @1600MHz---Asus P9X79 Pro---Samsung 840 Pro 128GB---3TB HDD Config---2x GTX 780Ti 3GB---Windows 7 Ultimate

Laptop: Late 2012 13" Retina MacBook Pro---2.5GHz Dual i5---8GB DDR3 @1600MHz---128GB PCI-E SSD---Intel HD4000 1GB---OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Phone: Nexus 4

go on single 980 if you can get

@TehMiik or wait for the x390

Edited by Benielishackove

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Okay, so I was looking through Amazon, eBay and Gumtree for video cards. I want to know, what would be the most powerful setup. I game triple 1080p mon's, I render and edit video and I design graphics. 

-Triple 770s

-Triple 680s

-Dual r9-290x's

-Dual 970s

-Single reference 980

-Single reference 780Ti

dual 970's  ;) No dual 290x's

-Triple 770s

-Triple 680s

-Dual r9-290x's

-Dual 970s

-Single reference 980

-Single reference 780Ti

Dual R9 290X probably if you do triple monitors.

The 4GB would help compared to the 3.5 GB usable VRAM the GTX 970 has.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Dual 290x's. Hands down.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

SLI & CF brings you a new set of problems and you better of with a single card but high end one

I mean the titan x is x2 the price of 980 so... I would save my money and get a titan x or a x390 if its possible

titan x is in the price of x3 970 and I promise even 4 970 would not go near the titan x am I'm right ? (until dx12 will come and fix it all ) :P

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Always go with latest and greatest single, instead of multiple older/cheaper cards. SLI/Crossfire of old/cheap cards limits your upgrade path. Get 980 and add one more later if you need to. What you are going to add if you get 3*680s?

I am sorry for my english.

SLI & CF brings you a new set of problems and you better of with a single card but high end one

I mean the titan x is x2 the price of 980 so... I would save my money and get a titan x or a x390 if its possible

titan x is in the price of x3 970 and I promise even 4 970 would not go near the titan x am I'm right ? (until dx12 will come and fix it all ) :P

4xGTX 970 wouldn't beat a Titan X, because you can only SLI 3 of them ;)

But out of these options, I believe that would be best for his scenario.

A Titan X may or may not beat it, but he was not talking about the Titan X (Plus, the Titan X is like 1100 USD, while dual 290X is like 700 USD)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

dual 970's  ;) No dual 290x's

Dual 290x's. Hands down.

Those ^^^

4xGTX 970 wouldn't beat a Titan X, because you can only SLI 3 of them ;)

But out of these options, I believe that would be best for his scenario.

A Titan X may or may not beat it, but he was not talking about the Titan X (Plus, the Titan X is like 1100 USD, while dual 290X is like 700 USD)

lmao in theoretical mode x4 970 :P

Dual 290x

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

Always go with latest and greatest single, instead of multiple older/cheaper cards. SLI/Crossfire of old/cheap cards limits your upgrade path. Get 980 and add one more later if you need to. What you are going to add if you get 3*680s?

No offense but posts like these make no sense. Don't tell someone to not sli, then tell them to get a single great card and sli later. Your contradicting yourself man.

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor

there are definitely issues that pop up here and there with Xfire/SLI, but I've yet to experience any real problems on the software end. Games that don't support multi-GPU generally aren't that demanding. Cooling, noise and power consumption are definitely problems if they are not addressed properly. Crossfire may end up having serious issues for a while with freesync, so that's a definite drawback.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

lmao in theoretical mode x4 970 :P

I'm sure someone's found a driver hack for it to work lmao ,

Op : dual 290x is the best budget solution

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Wait for the 390X. It will come with 8GB HBM and will be very futureproof. This is if you ever want to game at a higher resolution

There have been many wars that have rocked the face of Earth, Many have heard of WWI, WWII, The Cold War, The Vietnam War and the Iraq War. But there has been a war that only a handful of humans know.....AMD vs Intel. It all started in 1985 when Intel released the first 32bit processor, the Intel 386. This war has been raging on for decades and Intel and AMD are still at each others throats. Fanboys have been ruthlessly killed, motherboards have been short circuited and most gruesome of all... CPU pins have been bent. Stop this war before it is too late. #STOPTHISWAR

No offense but posts like these make no sense. Don't tell someone to not sli, then tell them to get a single great card and sli later. Your contradicting yourself man.

I am sorry for my english, sometimes it's hard to understand me. I don't mind SLI. I am saying there is no point of SLI old/cheap cards when you can get similar performance from a single card which can be SLI'ed later to increase performance even more.

I am sorry for my english.

Since I already had a Zotac 780Ti, I went and got a reference 780Ti for SLI C: Thanks guys!

Main Rig: Intel i7 3930k @4.0GHz---8GB Ballistix @1600MHz---Asus P9X79 Pro---Samsung 840 Pro 128GB---3TB HDD Config---2x GTX 780Ti 3GB---Windows 7 Ultimate

Laptop: Late 2012 13" Retina MacBook Pro---2.5GHz Dual i5---8GB DDR3 @1600MHz---128GB PCI-E SSD---Intel HD4000 1GB---OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Phone: Nexus 4