Watercooled 900D

Andi

Hello,

I couldn't help myself and bought a 900D :D

I'm not really sure what i'm going to do with it, but if you buy a case you better put stuff in it! It's a huge case, so watercooling will be a thing.

I don't think i will plan all that much and just buy part after part until i'm done! Hope it will be fun!

Specs:

Case: Corsair 900D

PSU: Seasonic Platinum 860W

HDD: Don't care

SSD: Maybe old Samsung 830

Board: MSI XpowerII X79

CPU: 3930K

GPU: Maybe SLI....or Crossfire depends on the new AMD Frame-Pacing drivers

Cooling: i fancy some Aquacomputer...

So long!

intel i7-3970x

rampage iv extreme

dual sli titans

and u might want a larger psu like 1200axi

What's the budget?

you guys do know the difference between the "build logs" and the "new builds and planing"  threads? I'm going to want some input at somepoint but than i will ask for it. :D

you guys do know the difference between the "build logs" and the "new builds and planing"  threads? I'm going to want some input at somepoint but than i will ask for it. :D

You shouldn't post something so vague in the Build Logs section. It makes it look like you want input

My case arrived, and this thing is huge!

86ko3N4.jpg

First things first, unscrew everything, i have to say i expected better buildquality. it's a bit wobbly with no hardware in it.

tild0dt.jpg

The first decision was the motherboard. I didn't want to buy a ROG board because than you kinda have to go red/black with your build. I saw the MSI XpowerII it's completely black! Now I can go any color I like...maybe even red :D The heatsinks are ugly, but XSPC makes a waterblock for it.

JI1kzeN.jpg

knXb3XI.jpg

oOMnkbQ.jpg

fZ9evyP.jpg

ui7LESQ.jpg

JADAo1t.jpg

90° USB 3.0 nice!

The XSPC waterbock for the board

vgszTdJ.jpg

xLKofky.jpg

Board with no heatsinks on it looks silly!

fw3dUM2.jpg

But with waterblocks really good :D

ozTp1RP.jpg

I think for socket 2011 there is only one good choice when it comes to the CPU: 3930K

z0mdepR.jpg

I want do go CF/SLI and sleeve the PSU, so i need a fully modular PSU around 800W. I went with a Seasonic Platinum 860W, because it's semi passiv and i'm a Seasonic fanboy!

srgsoLP.jpg

CumjGw5.jpg

Even a XL-ATX board gets lost in the 900D

qLXoILk.jpg

So long!

Epic build!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

So far it looks great! You've made a good choice of hardware, thats for sure!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

This build looks awesome but man 900d dwarfs every thing 

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

Looking forward to the finished pics

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Looking forward to the finished pics

you too? :D

Moar plox!!!! :D

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

intel i7-3970x

rampage iv extreme

dual sli titans

and u might want a larger psu like 1200axi

Those reccomendations is horrible, the AX1200i is extremly overkill, SLI titans he probably does not need the extra vram and finally the 3970x it is overkill even the 3930k he has is probably even extremly overkill

My fans arrived! Simple Noiseblocker Black Silent.

dMvhCn9.jpg

9XvgYgc.jpg

But the fan cable looks really out of place, i mean you get 2 really nice sleeved extention cables with the fan. I guess the fan has to undergo minor surgery!

yxJk0ZD.jpg

I got some nice black bandages for it's flesh wound!

PfD8Bxd.jpg

Success! Patient looks way better.

rfAK3IE.jpg

zFG12wW.jpg

...only 15 more to go....

I got me some Rads!

uhgKTki.jpg

I like the clean look and the lack of branding...i got one older radiator with Alphacool logo, but that's not to bad.

8GSjxCa.jpg

With the radiators installed you can really see that this case is meant to be watercooled!

ucdrkP8.jpg

Screws and washers are just placeholder

gZw4xxz.jpg

ja3lnPt.jpg

gWaWp5j.jpg

MsZCyr9.jpg

i feel i went a litte overboard...but who cares? :D

That's a monster of a single rad!!!!!!!  :lol:  :P

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I like the clean look and the lack of branding...i got one older radiator with Alphacool logo, but that's not to bad.

Taking the sticker off is actually very easy. If some of the glue remains on the radiator

some alcohol will easily make it come off. Just FYI. ;)

i feel i went a litte overboard...but who cares? :D

Personally I am of the opinion that it is one's duty to fit as many radiators into a case

as one can. So I would say you have gotten it pretty much spot on. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

What camera do you use? the pictures look very good! Great build so far!

CPU: i5 4670K, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB, GPU: Asus 280X, Case: Fractal Design XLR2, SSD: 840 evo 120GB, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate, PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo

that looks sooo epic !!

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

What camera do you use? the pictures look very good! Great build so far!

Sony Nex-6

Pics could be better, but i don't care for proper lighting :D

So, somebody suggested i should get a cover for the mainboard tray. I looked at the tray and thought...yeah! Can't be that hard, right? I never modded anything...i will give it my best :D

Got no Dremel or any fancy tools, so i bought  tin snips and a file !  

PhBpBUK.jpg

Man, filing something straight is hard!  So i clamped me some guidance down :D

6XEYnIW.jpg

But it looks like it will fit quite well

Z59Ltaq.jpg

YCgXD8a.jpg

The build looks really awesome though i would gi for 780 sli ;)rather Then sli gtx titan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz