80+ bronze vs gold

First of all, I do not live in the US, so no Newegg, Amazon or PCPartPicker.

I want to build a gaming pc, and for now, I settled on the Seasonic M12II 750w for now. It's not that more than the CX750 (where I live), and much better. Now, I looked at my website for the Seasonic offerings, and for about 20% more money, I can get the Seasonic G-750. I know it's fully modular (where the M12II is semi-mod), but the other advantage is 80+ gold (vs bronze in the M12II).

Is the extra money worth it?

If no, do you know what connectors are permanently attached to the M12II?

FYI, I will have a 4690k (or 5675C if available in time of purchase), and a GTX 970, with a plan on putting another one in the future (thats why I went for 750w).

Quote me if you want to say something. Only way i'll see something.

There won't a drastic difference, but I would recommend the gold rated PSU if it doesn't affect your budget.

I'm gonna guess that the 24pin and 8pin motherboard connectors are probably permanently attached, and maybe the PCIE power connectors, too.

Also, I would recommend 290x crossfire over 970 SLI, that is, if you plan on pushing higher resolutions.

First of all, I do not live in the US, so no Newegg, Amazon or PCPartPicker.

I want to build a gaming pc, and for now, I settled on the Seasonic M12II 750w for now. It's not that more than the CX750 (where I live), and much better. Now, I looked at my website for the Seasonic offerings, and for about 20% more money, I can get the Seasonic G-750. I know it's fully modular (where the M12II is semi-mod), but the other advantage is 80+ gold (vs bronze in the M12II).

Is the extra money worth it?

If no, do you know what connectors are permanently attached to the M12II?

FYI, I will have a 4690k (or 5675C if available in time of purchase), and a GTX 970, with a plan on putting another one in the future (thats why I went for 750w).

Amazon is worldwide... ôo

Anyway, 80+ bronze means at least 82% efficiency. 80+ gold means at least 87% efficiency.

It's not much of a difference. It's nice to have higher efficiency, cause you can safe some cents over time by pulling less watts from the wall, but it isn't really worth it if you don't use it almost all the time. I use my PC very often, so I have a platinum PSU.

Amazon is worldwide... ôo

Anyway, 80+ bronze means at least 82% efficiency. 80+ gold means at least 87% efficiency.

It's not much of a difference. It's nice to have higher efficiency, cause you can safe some cents over time by pulling less watts from the wall, but it isn't really worth it if you don't use it almost all the time. I use my PC very often, so I have a platinum PSU.

I know but amazon is worldwide, but taxes are expensive.

So do you think that the 20% price is worth it?

Btw, for the guy who said 290x's in CFX is better, I will start playing @ 1080p and upgrade to 1440p 144Hz G-Sync in the future, so thats better.

So do you think that the 20% price is worth it?

Like I said, it depends on you and the electricity cost at your place. But usually not.

For example, my PC is running almost 24/7. I can safe some money by using a Platinum rated PSU.

But if you're using your PC only a few hours a day, then it's not really worth it.

Btw.: 80+ efficiency means, that if your PSU is rated for example for 800 watts, it'll use around 1000 watts at full load, cause 80% of 1000 watts are 800.

Here you can calculate your savings: http://www.calcul.com/show/calculator/psu-savings 

Edit: This calculator is even better. You can see how much you would actually save and how long it would take to get the money back in for that better PSU: http://www.epsma.org/resources-calculator.php

Can you provide a link to the store you are buying from? There may be other options that you can go with.

Oh, btw, the semi-modular unit has the 24-pin, EPS12v connector, and a cable of two 6+2pin PEG connector hardwired. The M12II Bronze Evo version is fully modular.

Can you provide a link to the store you are buying from? There may be other options that you can go with.

Forgot to quote you, so you can see this.

http://en.ksp.co.il

Go ahead. Have fun.

Seasonic M12II Bronze Evo 750w: 495 ILS

To answer your question: "do you know what connectors are permanently attached to the M12II?"

None. It's fully modular.

Seasonic G 750w : 590 ILS

For 95 ILS / ~$24 USD more, while the Seasonic G is a better build unit, I would go for the M12II Evo. It's still a well-build, mid-range unit that offer better functionally due to full moduarity.

Seasonic M12II Bronze Evo 750w: 495 ILS

To answer your question: "do you know what connectors are permanently attached to the M12II?"

None. It's fully modular.

Seasonic G 750w : 590 ILS

For 95 ILS / ~$24 USD more, while the Seasonic G is a better build unit, I would go for the M12II Evo. It's still a well-build, mid-range unit that offer better functionally due to full moduarity.

OK thanks, I'll go for the M12II!

BTW guys, I will not go for 290x CFX, also because the PSU requirements are over twice the cost, so that's out of the question.