I'm so confused! BIOS update

So, i found this http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4567#bios

that is for BIOS update right? (I might have to update my BIOS for OCing a CPU)

My MB is a Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H

WTF is this, russia..  and CPU Vcore voltage option up to 1.8V (that is sweet!)

And on my keybord i don't have F14, i have F1....F12

SG9dyAP.png

have you ever updated a bios before?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

That is just a version no. don;t worry. just download from other sites. Also before you flash whats your current bios version

F14 is just the BIOS revision. It has nothing to do with the keys on your keyboard.

The download server is most likely placed in Russia, so they are just specifying where in Europe the server is located.

And apperantly the new BIOS update raise the VCore limit to 1.8V, which is quite a lot.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

have you ever updated a bios before?

nope

That is just a version no. don;t worry. just download from other sites. Also before you flash whats your current bios version

wait, wait.. I don't want to flash it, i want to update it.

F14 is just the BIOS revision. It has nothing to do with the keys on your keyboard.

The download server is most likely placed in Russia, so they are just specifying where in Europe the server is located.

And apperantly the new BIOS update raise the VCore limit to 1.8V, which is quite a lot.

and dangerous i would say..

so that is how to update bios?

well that bios update is probably a bin file

and the update program

so you will probably have to make a bootable usb stick

unless there is a flashing program inside the bios like on more modern bios's

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Wow... "I don't have a F14" rotfl

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

:: Hits head against a wall :: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MAIN PC (Beast) - Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WIFI  with BIOS 4703, AMD Ryzen R9 3900XT + Corsair H115i Pro RGB XT Cooling, 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz 16,18,18,38 1.35v DDR4, Inno3d HerculeZ Design Nvidia GTX 1080 X2 8GB GDDR5,  1 x Samsung U28E590D & 1 x Samsung U32J59XUQ 3840 x 2160 4K, 1 x Samsung Evo 970 Evo Plus NVME PCI-E 1TB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB + 2 X 3TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, 1 x LG BH16NS40 16x BR\DVDRW, ICYBOX IB3740-C31 & ICYBOX IB3640-03,  MZHOU 7 Ports PCIe USB 3.0 Card, 1 x XIAOLO 2.5G Intel I225V Ethernet Card, 2 x UGREEN Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5 inch External SATA Disk Caddy Reader USB 3.0 2.5 3.5 HDD SSD 16TB UASP Case Dock Station With 12V 2A Power Adapter For Windows with 6TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, Corsair Obsidian 750D Wind Force Edition Case + 5 Corsair ML140 140mm Case Fans, EVGA 750 g3 750w Gold 80+ PSU, Logitech MX Vertical Mouse, Logitech MX Vertical & MX Ergo Trackball Mouse using same USB unifying device, Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, Windows 11 Pro x64 Retail, Synology ds215j NAS + 1x3TB WD Reds connected to a 6TB Seagate USB 3.0 Backup Plus Hub, Blue Yeti Microphone, Logitech C922 Pro HD,  Logitech C920 Pro HD, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Second PC (Cyclops) - MSI 990FXA Gaming, AMD FX 8370 4Ghz, Corsair 16GB Vengeance Red 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz, Arctic Cooling Freezer 13, Asus Strix 1050TI 4GB, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 2 X Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 1 X WD Black 2TB, 1 x ASUS 16x DVDRW, X-Case Eagle III Case, 3 X Corsair AF 120 Case Fans, EVGA 850 G2 80+ Gold + PSU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Logitech C920 Webcam, R0DE NT1-A Microphone, Scarlet 212 Audio Interface (Revision 2), Windows 10 Pro X64 Retail, Bit Defender Total Security 2021, 2TB Seagate Expansion USB Hard Drive.

Third PC (Old Trustie) - Acer Aspire M3400, OEM Mainboard, AMD FX Athlon II X3 425 2.7Ghz, 16GB Corsair Value 1600Mhz Ram, OEM CPU Cooler, AMD R7 260 2GB GPU, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 2TB Samsung SATA III, 1 X OEM 16X DVDRW, 1 X Acer OEM Case, 1 X Corsair AF120 Case Can, Corsair CX500 Bronze+ CPU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Windows 10 Home X64 OEM, Logitech C920 Webcam, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Printers Include - Canon MG5750, Canon, IP8750,  Canon Pixma Mega tank G5050 & 2 X Samsung Xpress C410W.

1 X Zexrow Xbox360 Wired Game Controller.

TP Link Archer AX6000 Cable Router Wifi6 with a Virgin Media Hub 4.0 in Modem only mode running 1GB Fibre internet.

Samsung Galaxy S21+ 256GB Mobile Phone.

Internet Speed.....

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9935039193

and dangerous i would say..

so that is how to update bios?

My best guess, is that you load the BIOS file onto a USB-stick, and the you reboot the computer and boot into the BIOS. In there, there should be an update BIOS option.

well that bios update is probably a bin file

and the update program

so you will probably have to make a bootable usb stick

unless there is a flashing program inside the bios like on more modern bios's

i was kind hoping that there will be .exe

cause i don't have usb stick with me atm

My best guess, is that you load the BIOS file onto a USB-stick, and the you reboot the computer and boot into the BIOS. In there, there should be an update BIOS option.

Does it have to be bootable usb stick

Does it have to be bootable usb stick

Usually no. Usually they only demand, that the USB-stick is formatted as FAT32.

update bios today a lot more easier

you just pack it into usb drive, get inside the uefi pick "update firmware/bios" select the file and done

=

Usually no. Usually they only demand, that the USB-stick is formatted as FAT32.

i have no idea what FAT32 is

I'm sorry but I don't think you qualified to do that yet.

If something goes wrong, and most of time time it will go wrong.

do you know how to reset bios?

if you OC based on software, fail and locking you out from os do you know a step-by-step next thing to do?

if the hardware fail and company refuse to RMA it will you accept that?

are you aware that hardware based on OC and not qualified for RMA? some including failure updating BIOS.

and so on.

my point is do your own research before you asking every procedure what to do, how to do it, and how to fix it, that just not how it goes specially when no one can physically assist and monitor every single thing you do.

of course there's always a first step, but you already confused getting bios update are you sure you are not getting confused how to overclock your system? it's alot more complicated just than updating the bios.

i have no idea what FAT32 is

It's a file system, just like ZFS and NTFS.

When you go into ´This PC´ or ´Computer´ to format the USB-stick, one of the formatting options is FAT32..