is tf2 any good?

Air tree

I was wondering if tf2 is good, because people say that the game isn't as good as it used to be upon release and that it should be re named hat simulator 2013 (:L) i have been hearing alot of hate on it latley and was wondering if they are just trolls or not because once i get my pc i was looking into start playing that game.

oh and i can't try it out right now because i have such a shitty laptop that it can't even play it.

I played it for a few hours, did NOT like it at all

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I like it and is still a very fun game.
Dunno why people would say it isn't as good as before.

Feels and plays exactly the same (except for the hats, weapons and maybe the start menu).
Hats (IIRC) do nothing and are just for looks. However, some of the weapon are quite op imo.

Why not just try and see if you like it? it's free anyway.

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

The game is funny, but it depends if it's YOUR type of funny. Me personally can't play it for more than max 1 hour at a time, me friend in the other hand has close to 1000hours in that.

But if there is some games you'll need It's Valve games and Garry's Mod :)

Garry's mod + Counter-Strike: Source = Trouble in terrorist town Which is hilarious :)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

With 500+ hours on TF2, it's a great game!

Also, it's free to play, why not try it out and see if it tickles your fancy?

With 500+ hours on TF2, it's a great game!

Also, it's free to play, why not try it out and see if it tickles your fancy?

i can't right now because all the computers i own at this moment are so terrible they can't even play it :s, i will try it out once i build my pc.

i can't right now because all the computers i own at this moment are so terrible they can't even play it :s, i will try it out once i build my pc.

Uh, you don't have at least a Pentium 4, 1GB of RAM, and a DirectX 9 capable GPU?

Uh, you don't have at least a Pentium 4, 1GB of RAM, and a DirectX 9 capable GPU?

I'd imagine this wouldn't grant me too good of fps.

1fr.png

I'd imagine this wouldn't grant me too good of fps.

1fr.png

Hmm, you could possibly play on low, and depending on your resolution(it's a laptop so it's probably 1366x768 or 1440x900, or lower since it is a bit older), you might get a decent FPS actually.

But then you might run into a storage problem. My TF2 folder is 13GB o.O

It's fun for a super casual game, although, I often run in to people who have a vastly inflated ego and take the game waaayyy too seriously. While that can be expected in any online game, it's even more ridiculous when you consider it in the context of TF2. Don't let that sway you though; for a free game, it's top notch! Best played with mates.

Hmm, you could possibly play on low, and depending on your resolution(it's a laptop so it's probably 1366x768 or 1440x900, or lower since it is a bit older), you might get a decent FPS actually.

But then you might run into a storage problem. My TF2 folder is 13GB o.O

yeah the funny thing is my new computer that i'm building is going to have a gtx 780 or 9970 on a 2560x1440 monitor so it will be a huge step up from my old 360 or anything for that matter :P

yeah the funny thing is my new computer that i'm building is going to have a gtx 780 or 9970 on a 2560x1440 monitor so it will be a huge step up from my old 360 or anything for that matter :P

Well I hope you enjoy that monster! I've been wanting a 2560xXXXX monitor for a while, but they are to damn expensive! Gonna wait it out for 4K...

Well I hope you enjoy that monster! I've been wanting a 2560xXXXX monitor for a while, but they are to damn expensive! Gonna wait it out for 4K...

you could get one of the cheaper korean 1440p/1600p monitors but they are kind of sketchy, all in all i decided to go with the asus pb278Q it's like 550$, that's not a bad price for what you're getting.

BEST GAME IN HISTORY

over 1000hrs (~42 days) under my belt =D

considering it was the 1st proper PC game i ever got

and yes Valve called it "America's #1 war-themed hat simulator"

you will find lots of people trying to trade some cool items and crappy items some trying to rip you off but that's what happens in the real world anyways you wont find lots of these people but usually on trade servers(basically maps named "trade_...." for trading but most people on there dont trade much because of tf2outpost.com)

there are many types of game modes weapons, hats misc items and achievements(dont care bout them much)

lots of groups host modded servers things like zombie mode or saxton hale ect...

if your joining a server with a map u dont have it will download it or say that u cant join cuz u dont have the map so go and download it

i have ~50gb(intensive player) used up but thats quite small to me

and yes you do get kids on there sometimes annoying but most of the time everyone is friendly

but try the game out if you dont like it you dont like it

The game itself is one of my favorite FPS games of all time, however the community doesn't match how good the game is. If you're going to play, find a non-valve server in your area and stick to it. I've stuck to playing on 3-4 different Seattle servers and all of them have a good banning/kicking system with mature players so I don't have to deal with 20 young teenagers spamming on their microphones "TRADING X FOR Y".

The game itself hasn't really gotten worse since the F2P change, it's just the players that have. There are more young children, there are more mic spammers, but aside from that it feels like the same game. I've played it for around 4 years now, and there were still a fair share of annoying people before the F2P model.

i really like the game and i do think it has a lot of hats but that isn't a bad thing as it lets you stand out in the game. Just be warned if you want an item you see on someones head if you try to pay cash for something like it then you maybe spending over 50$ on a hat lol. Its free to play so go try it is all i really have to say.

I tried it  but didn't like it at all. but since its free just try it because you have nothing to lose, your not paying for it.