My Computer randomly turns off when its playing games

howtokillyourgames

i need help my computer keeps randomly turning off when playing games this all started when i installed an r9 290 it started black screen frequently and i was using the gpu in the apu i was using which was fine but when i started switching to my new graphics card the r9 290 it started and i sent it back and then got a r9 280x instead it done the same thing so i sent it off to my computer shop where they got rid of a lot of versus and reinstall the infected files after having it back it was much better but after about 2 days it started again but at a much lower frequency at games like dayz standalone planet side 2 batman arkum origins battlefield 4 and some others and when it happens there no windows errors messages but it usually happens after a few hours of gaming 2-5 hour i would say.

it only happens when gaming and not in anywhere else 

i know its not:

my power supply because its a 750w moddlar evo labs cranios and check power rates fine.

my cpu runs 20-30c at idle when in games it dose 50-65c in games

my gpu runs 40-50c idle when in games it dose 60-70c

i keep my computer clean of versus and clean it regular with advance system care

i knows its not bottle necking do some tests and so has my computer shop

i keep inside of the case well ventilated and dust free

i keeps all drivers and updated up to date

my specs:

Apu: amd a8 6600k (3.9ghz to 4.2ghz turbo) With out IGpu on

Ram: 8Gb corsair vengeance LP 1600mhz (2x4gb sticks)

Gpu: amd R9 280x Club 3D 3gb (1000mhz clock speed - 1500mhz boost)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2

storage: 1TB WD green hard drive 7200 rpm- think and my second 160gb WD blue don't know speed

Psu: 750w moddlar evo labs cranio 80 plus bronze

Don't know case

Have you already reinstalled windows ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

i need help my computer keeps randomly turning off when playing games this all started when i installed an r9 290 it started black screen frequently and i was using the gpu in the apu i was using which was fine but when i started switching to my new graphics card it started and i sent it back and then got a r9 280x instead it done the same thing so i sent it off to my computer shop where they got rid of a lot of versus and reinstall the infected files after having it back it was much better but after about 2 days it started again but at a much lower frequency at games like dayz standalone planet side 2 batman arkum origins battlefield 4 and some others and when it happens there no windows errors messages but it usually happens after a few hours of gaming 2-5 hour i would say.

i know its not:

-Rock-

my specs:

-Paper-

First of all, gigantic thanks for the layout of your post. This is holy, you narrow down all the other possibilities, which is incredibly time-saving and  just plainly great. Welcome to the forums! (Remember to follow your topics, at the top right of the screen there's a button!)

Now, to move on.

What operating system do you have and what antiviruses/antimalwares do you use?

Also, try re installing the drivers, and make sure you don't accidentally apply beta updates!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

i need help my computer keeps randomly turning off when playing games this all started when i installed an r9 290 it started black screen frequently and i was using the gpu in the apu i was using which was fine but when i started switching to my new graphics card it started and i sent it back and then got a r9 280x instead it done the same thing so i sent it off to my computer shop where they got rid of a lot of versus and reinstall the infected files after having it back it was much better but after about 2 days it started again but at a much lower frequency at games like dayz standalone planet side 2 batman arkum origins battlefield 4 and some others and when it happens there no windows errors messages but it usually happens after a few hours of gaming 2-5 hour i would say.

i know its not:

my power supply because its a 750w moddlar evo labs cranios and check power rates fine.

my cpu runs 20-30c at idle when in games it dose 50-65c in games

my gpu runs 40-50c idle when in games it dose 60-70c

i keep my computer clean of versus and clean it regular with advance system care

i knows its not bottle necking do some tests and so has my computer shop

i keep inside of the case well ventilated and dust free

i keeps all drivers and updated up to date

my specs:

Apu: amd a8 6600k (3.9ghz to 4.2ghz turbo) With out IGpu on

Ram: 8Gb corsair vengeance LP 1600mhz (2x4gb sticks)

Gpu: amd R9 280x Club 3D 3gb (1000mhz clock speed - 1500mhz boost)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2

storage: 1TB WD green hard drive 7200 rpm- think and my second 160gb WD blue don't know speed

Psu: 750w moddlar evo labs cranio 80 plus bronze

Don't know case

lol.. removed viruses.. what they really did is just charged you for that service without doing anything.. basically computer shop guys make shit up and charge you for it because they know you dont know enough about computers hence you turned to them for help.. viruses do nothing in 99.9999999% of the time, well not stuff that you'll notice. the traditional virus is dead. now its just spyware sitting their monitoring what you do and passing your info onto other sources. not making things stop working.. and no virus in the history of the world has ever stopped you playing games after a given time...

I'm going to say this and i dont care what your reply is.. but it points heavily at your power supply not being man enough or dodgy.. yes you say power rate is "fine" but do you have means of testing it??? have you got a load tester that detects how many amps its giving out on specific rails?? have you tested all 750w can be delivered to each power rail on the card?? ... I'm thinking not...

also its happened with 2 cards... kinda bit of a coincidence to be 2 faulty cards. its not driver based as it happens after a given time not straight away...

reinstalling windows is NEVER the answer to anything other than a dead hard drive! yes it may make the issue go away temporarily but if its a driver or software issue you'll be installing the same stuff again to get the same setup as before so the same issue is there.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

First of all, gigantic thanks for the layout of your post. This is holy, you narrow down all the other possibilities, which is incredibly time-saving and  just plainly great. Welcome to the forums! (Remember to follow your topics, at the top right of the screen there's a button!)

Now, to move on.

What operating system do you have and what antiviruses/antimalwares do you use?

Also, try re installing the drivers, and make sure you don't accidentally apply beta updates!

yeah i have the latest divers for my graphics card and i have windows 7 professional 64 bit and keep updated 

yeah i have the latest divers for my graphics card and i have windows 7 professional 64 bit and keep updated 

Your a good maintenance man! Try re-installing the drivers, see what happens. If this doesn't solve it, try re-installing Windows 7!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

lol.. removed viruses.. what they really did is just charged you for that service without doing anything.. basically computer shop guys make shit up and charge you for it because they know you dont know enough about computers hence you turned to them for help.. viruses do nothing in 99.9999999% of the time, well not stuff that you'll notice. the traditional virus is dead. now its just spyware sitting their monitoring what you do and passing your info onto other sources. not making things stop working.. and no virus in the history of the world has ever stopped you playing games after a given time...

I'm going to say this and i dont care what your reply is.. but it points heavily at your power supply not being man enough or dodgy.. yes you say power rate is "fine" but do you have means of testing it??? have you got a load tester that detects how many amps its giving out on specific rails?? have you tested all 750w can be delivered to each power rail on the card?? ... I'm thinking not...

also its happened with 2 cards... kinda bit of a coincidence to be 2 faulty cards. its not driver based as it happens after a given time not straight away...

reinstalling windows is NEVER the answer to anything other than a dead hard drive! yes it may make the issue go away temporarily but if its a driver or software issue you'll be installing the same stuff again to get the same setup as before so the same issue is there.

thanks for replying and my hard dive is only a year old and i scan it frequently for fragments so its not that and my cpu uses 95w to 100w of my power and the gpu use a max of 250w of my power also a looked at this layout of power i had on msi afterburner and core temp and my local computer shop says its fine because i change for a low range evo labs power supply to a 80 plus bronze gold and tested the power in put to components as seen 

Your a good maintenance man! Try re-installing the drivers, see what happens. If this doesn't solve it, try re-installing Windows 7!

thanks man i'll try it and get back to you

thanks for replying and my hard dive is only a year old and i scan it frequently for fragments so its not that and my cpu uses 95w to 100w of my power and the gpu use a max of 250w of my power also a looked at this layout of power i had on msi afterburner and core temp and my local computer shop says its fine

that doesnt mean a thing, just because you have a power supply thats rated higher than you need doesnt mean its supplying it. you ould have a 1500w power supply, but if its faulty its faulty... a dodgy capacitor not only takes time to warm up and become an issue, it might only effect performance once it is hot... never assume something is working just because its manual says it will... manuals dont account for faults ;)

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

thanks for replying i have re installed infected windows files but i hadn't done a complete re install and i should because its about that time of the year anyway i'll try it and get back to you  

that doesnt mean a thing, just because you have a power supply thats rated higher than you need doesnt mean its supplying it. you ould have a 1500w power supply, but if its faulty its faulty... a dodgy capacitor not only takes time to warm up and become an issue, it might only effect performance once it is hot... never assume something is working just because its manual says it will... manuals dont account for faults ;)

ok thank you i'll do some testing with some software and make sure its supplying the power requirements what each part needs and what it says the power its delivering and stress test it and i'll get back to you :-)

There is a good chance your PSU is faulty. If you can get your hands on another PSU to test with that will tell you.

This exact thing happened to me when I upgraded to a more powerful GPU. I ended up buying a new PSU and it solved the problem.

There is a good chance your PSU is faulty. If you can get your hands on another PSU to test with that will tell you.

This exact thing happened to me when I upgraded to a more powerful GPU. I ended up buying a new PSU and it solved the problem.

Thanks I will do some testing on it and get back to you

might be your SSD/HDD, try to swap your main SSD/HDD and test your PC, It might also be your PSU

might be your SSD/HDD, try to swap your main SSD/HDD and test your PC, It might also be your PSU

ok thanks I have to test and re install other things and if they fail I will give this a go

SNIP

Well for things like Viruses which he had it seems like a pretty good option tbh

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

-Ignore this post dun goofed-

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Try resetting your overclocks to stock speeds. If you aren't overclocking, try underclocking the core clock by 50mhz. 

Well for things like Viruses which he had it seems like a pretty good option tbh

but viruses dont do anything remotely like the issue OP is describing, and anyone can remove viruses for free... in fact viruses are of so little threat these days in terms of world ending issues i dont even run a virus scanner on my gaming rig. the waste time and resources used to scan for viruses you could flash a disc image to remove any problems in less time than the average scan takes.

basically computer shop guys make shit up and charge you for it because they know you dont know enough about computers hence you turned to them for help.. viruses do nothing in 99.9999999% of the time, well not stuff that you'll notice. the traditional virus is dead. now its just spyware sitting their monitoring what you do and passing your info onto other sources. not making things stop working.. and no virus in the history of the world has ever stopped you playing games after a given time...

I've worked in virus removal for years and I can tell you this is far from the truth. The only thing I agree with is that no virus will stop you from playing a game after you've been playing it for 30min. That's not to say that a virus will prevent you from playing a game because it keeps crashing a driver or something like that, but a virus is rarely, if ever, geared to close out a game. 

Sorry to hear you've had bad experiences with idiots claiming to clean computers, but "viruses do nothing 99.999999% of the time" in relation to thing you will notice is nowhere close to true. Look up CryptoLocker. Viruses that cause proxies to attach themselves to your IPv4 protocol so you can't get online. I bet you'd notice that.

EDIT:

Just saw your second post. I also don't run antivirus or antimalware. 'Smart' online users don't need to. But as I mentioned, I have worked in the field for a long time and I have seen viruses do very intense and very damaging things to peoples' computers. And while I agree that you can easily remove viruses and infections yourself, the point is you have to be savvy enough to do so. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, but removing hijackers and stupid trojans is the tip of a very large iceberg when it comes to infections. It seems you have experience with minor infections but not major ones. Huge difference.

Desktop: 12900k // 128GB DDR5 // 2x 3070

Laptop: Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2022) // i9 12-900H // 64GB DDR5 // 3080 Ti

Snip

while i agree with all of that, those viruses are of yesteryear its very uncommon for things like that to crop up these days. and probably the reason you know about them is because in the past they were an issue. 

the fact is now that everyones so anally retentive towards viruses theres very little point in virus creators to make such ones that do lots of harm, and only silly people are likely to get them.. the type that click "download and install this app to win $1 billion"

and the viruses that attack specific drivers are often undone with each subsequent driver update, those things used to be prevalent in the days of MSN messenger, they used to be created so quickly that virus companies couldn't keep up with them.

for poops and giggles before i did a fresh new install of windows 8 the other day i downloaded a virus scanner to see what damage 3 years of windows 7 and no virus scanner had done.. not a single virus or trojan! little bit of spyware but windows defender does all that in the back ground.

my point is, every one is always quick to point the finger at viruses for everything, and in the many years I've been fixing computers i can probably say that I've never found a computer where the virus was actually causing the symptoms ! 

Viruses do do things.  I had an issue where Windows would boot into normal Windows. Booted into safe mode and saw everything was messed up.  Also a virus kept changing my DNS server and blocked me from using the internet.

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10