Trying to make my build cost less, any suggestions?

Hey guys, trying to make a new build at around 1000$, but I don't know what to take out or replace. I will be doing some gaming on a double monitor setup and streaming, any suggestions welcome!  :)

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bNJY7P

If you are only gaming switch your cpu to a 4690k.

But do I want a 4790k if I'm multitaking?

If you are only gaming switch your cpu to a 4690k.

Do I want a 4790k if I'm streaming and stuff too?

If you arnt going to overclock maybe swap the AIO cooler for an air like CM Hyper 212 evo

Seems solid, two things that I would suggest would be getting the SSC version of the EVGA 970 and The 750W PSU is kinda overkill if you not plan to add another card. If you plan to add another card, nevermind. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

the core count is what effects multi-tasking, if you are streaming and gaming then the i5 will be fine (is for me)

Yes, it will be benefitial. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Hey guys, trying to make a new build at around 1000$, but I don't know what to take out or replace. I will be doing some gaming on a double monitor setup and streaming, any suggestions welcome!  :)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($226.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.97 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $986.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-08 12:10 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

If you want a SLI mobo also.

Perfect compromise between a 4690k and a 4790k.

Why did I get a z87 mobo? Cheapest motherboard for sli.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($116.98 @ OutletPC) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1055.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-08 12:14 EDT-0400

What is this for? If it's just gaming, pop the i7 and 970 and get an i5 with an R9 290X instead. You can also spare some money on the power supply, you don't need more than 500 watts.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

But do I want a 4790k if I'm multitaking?

no

If you arnt going to overclock maybe swap the AIO cooler for an air like CM Hyper 212 evo

yes, but dont overclock, i've got the hyper 212 evo and the i7-4790k, stock @ full load 60 degrees, dont overclock the i7-4790k on the hyper 212 evo, you will create a room heater

yes, but dont overclock, i've got the hyper 212 evo and the i7-4790k, stock @ full load 60 degrees, dont overclock the i7-4790k on the hyper 212 evo, you will create a room heater

I was suggesting to use that cooler with an 4690k, but you have a very good point :D

yeah rap is right just get a cheaper i5 CPU you can overclock like a 4690k

get some cheaper ram like the mushkin stealth ram

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Alright, to make that cheaper while still keeping the core parts.

Get a lower wattage psu. Buy Windows 8 on g2a or other site(stay away from pirating, if you're gonna pirate you might as well steal your hardware to)

And h55 is a waste of money. Just use the stock cooler until you can afford better after market cooler later.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

swap your cpu to a i5 4690K  that should take of a 100$ or so

IAN :o

dude go for less on the power supply and also go for the msi or gigabyte version of the 970 fifty bucks?

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

I don't reckon you will need a 750watt PSU. And the student version of win 8 is £44, probs $60. Remember to get some case fans as well if u don't already have some. Also, do you really need a i7? You haven't said what you want it for but if its just gaming then an i5-4690k would do the job, and well. If your also rendering and so on then a Xeon E3-1231 V3 would be a possible alternative but its not overclockable.