New to the forum but have some questions!

Swile

Hey guys, new to the forum so if I break forum etiquette or don't check back all too often sorry about that (I am terrible about getting on here).

I had a question about Windows 8.

So currently I have a slow Hard drive because when I built my first PC (The one I use) I didn't do enough research on where to go for hard drives and GPUs, hence why I have a 750 Ti and a 5200 RPM drive. I will upgrade eventually but for now they do the job because I am not overloading them too often.

Whenever I boot my computer however, my harddrive cannot handle the system check, but I don't necessarily want that when I boot anyway. Do any of you know how to get rid of it. I have checked a lot of places but none have been of help, or maybe I am just stupid with windows. (Mac for working most of the time so not the most windows experienced)

Any help would be great and I really appreciate everyone who just tries to help me.

Thanks!

Follow Your Post so that you get notices when people reply. Onto your question. Turn off system check. Please quote me and send me your Specs so I can better help you. I am in school and get out of this blow off class in an hour, so if I don't reply than sorry.

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

well one thing that most people over look is changing the boot priority. If you load up your UEFI BIOS and go to the boot priorities/preferences and make that hard drive the first device that it will try and boot from. Another thing that you can do is defragment the hard drive. The will help any hard drive but especially so if its an older one that you've used for a while. But ultimately what i would do is save up about $60(USD) and go get an SSD. 120GB is more then enough for a OS boot drive :)

Though the above will help your computer boot faster and more efficiently. The system check can be disabled within the control panel which should help also.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Consume The Darkness

Thanks, sorry, I get caught up in things and forget to go to forums, thanks for letting me know :D