HTC's bigger and better One M9+ finally launches in China

htc-one-m9-plus-e9-plus.jpg

I guess now its all properly official, the E9+ and M9+ (aka the M9 that should've launched EVERYWHERE) are now for sale in China. 

Its not just China that has an obsession with large phones, most of the world now does. So I'm pretty sure North America would've loved this phone as well. 

Looks like HTC is going back to the "lets just make a bunch of variations because YOLO with our RD budgets, cause who gives a shit"

HTC clearly gets China's obsession with large-screen phones. Following the plastic 5.5-inch One E9+, the company is back with the metallic M9+ which, as you can tell from the name, is essentially the M9 on steroids. We've already seen most of the specs in an earlier leak: There's a sharper and slightly larger 5.2-inch Quad HD display, an octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 chip (MT6795T, 2.2GHz, 64 bit), 3GB of RAM, the same bright UltraPixel front-facing camera, and the same 20-megapixel main imager but in the shape of a prettier circle instead of a squircle, plus it's also enhanced with the M8's Duo Camera -- for the extra bokeh plus 3D effects at your disposal in the photo editing tool. The most interesting addition, however, is the single-touch fingerprint reader below the screen, which lets you quickly unlock the phone as well as making payments. While this is a non-clickable sensor (read: not a home button), it's unfortunately shaped like the home buttons on earlier Samsung devices. 

htc-one-m9-plus.jpg

The M9+ also comes with a 2,840 mAh integrated battery, the usual BoomSound front-facing stereo speakers and support for its very own Dot View case. Annoyingly, HTC didn't share any date nor price (which is what we're really keen to find out), but we do wonder how well this model will do compared to its lesser sibling, especially given that this is the first high-profile flagship device to pack a MediaTek chipset, whereas the M9 touts the more familiar Qualcomm Snapdragon series.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/08/htc-m9-plus-china/

Meh, it's probably going to be just as disappointing as the M9

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Isn't the battery a little underwhelming for something this size? Especially with the (pretty pointless, 1080p is already more than enough) 1440p display...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The HTC One M9+ looks like a Samsung phone hue hue hue. 

What's up with the rear camera on the E9+? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I really don't get the point in a 0.2" increase in screen size. It should be go big or go home, 5.5-5.7" would be far better if you're going to make a big phone.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I really don't get the point in a 0.2" increase in screen size. It should be go big or go home, 5.5-5.7" would be far better if you're going to make a big phone.

This is HTC, give them a few years to catch up. 

Except we don't want MediaTek here. Phone itself looks very nice though. Wonder how that home button will affect sound performance.

"Rawr XD"