Best Phone For Me?

Guest Philosophy
Go to solution Solved by CatzRuleZWorld,

There's always the iPhone... Other than that I think the main answer you'll get is one plus one

Hello, 

I have a two year contract with version and my phone (Note 3) has dies, luckily 3 days before contract expires so I get $200 off a new phone. I need something good at content consumption and creation (Aka good camera and screen) what is my best option?

Galaxy S6 comes out on Friday! I preordered it and it looks to be a great phone with a great camera. The screen has also been called the best smartphone screen ever by some people. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Hello, 

I have a two year contract with version and my phone (Note 3) has dies, luckily 3 days before contract expires so I get $200 off a new phone. I need something good at content consumption and creation (Aka good camera and screen) what is my best option?

Note 4...

I'm biased btw...

Note 4...

I'm biased btw...

$100 out of budget

its S6 or Droid turbo really

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Note 4...

I'm biased btw...

So from Note 3 to Note 4? It is a little to big for me.., TBH. 

There's always the iPhone... Other than that I think the main answer you'll get is one plus one

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Galaxy S6 comes out on Friday! I preordered it and it looks to be a great phone with a great camera. The screen has also been called the best smartphone screen ever by some people. 

If it comes out Friday will I have to wait for it, if I go into the store on Friday?

If it comes out Friday will I have to wait for it, if I go into the store on Friday?

it will be in store friday

unless they are out of stock

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I live in a pretty remote part of Wyoming and I preordered it. They said it would be in store on Friday. So where ever you live, if you go preorder it, I'm sure you can pick it up on Friday. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I live in a pretty remote part of Wyoming and I preordered it. They said it would be in store on Friday. So where ever you live, if you go preorder it, I'm sure you can pick it up on Friday. 

Awesome I may do that, but I probably can't even get into the store until friday or saturday. :(

$100 out of budget

its S6 or Droid turbo really

OP never specified a budget, he only mentioned that he can get $200 off.

The S6 is coming on Friday and the Note 4 is out now. The LG G Flex 2 is also very nice (not sure if it's out yet), but the HTC One M9 is a huge disappointment.

Anything but an iPhone. 

Why?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The S6 is coming on Friday and the Note 4 is out now. The LG G Flex 2 is also very nice (not sure if it's out yet), but the HTC One M9 is a huge disappointment.

Why?

he told me $200

he told me $200

Great, he didn't tell any of us though, so we're not exactly in the loop.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Awesome I may do that, but I probably can't even get into the store until friday or saturday. :(

I broke my Iphone around march 20th and being without a phone, considering I'm not using it for business, really hasn't been all that bad. I also think the gains of the S6 over many other phones will be worth the wait. You could also call in a preorder. 

In my opinion and experience iPhones have half the customization and user capabilities. I also personally hold a hatred for Apple.

Why?

I have to agree. Iphones are "easy phones" to me. Much like macs, they are more reliable but also not as customizable and fast. 

In my opinion and experience iPhones have half the customization and user capabilities. I also personally hold a hatred for Apple.

Cool, okay. You can have a disdain for them, but saying they have half the customization and user capabilities is a little bit of a bold claim. Customization on iOS doesn't go far past a wallpaper change, but TouchWiz isn't much better if OP isn't rooting or playing with custom ROMs. Alternate launchers are a thing, but I think a lot of people overestimate the customizability of Android. You still can't change UI features such as the drop-down menu, navbar appearance or icon appearance without rooting. As for user capabilities, I don't disagree though. Being able to install my own apps is nice.

I have to agree. Iphones are "easy phones" to me. Much like macs, they are more reliable but also not as customizable and fast. 

That's a really bold claim. Considering Samsung's phones for the last three generations or so have had major issues with UI snappiness, Apple's 64-bit SOCs are still whooping ass in benchmarks and iOS is really well optimized, I wouldn't say this to be true.

I've owned an iPhone 5, HTC One M8, Nexus 7 (both generations), NVIDIA Shield Portable, iPad 2 and have had extensive usage of the iPhone 6 Plus, iPad 4, iPad Air 2 and Samsung Galaxy S5. They're all good devices, but iOS strikes me as a more solid and stable OS, and one that tends to hang up less in general UI animations.

Great, he didn't tell any of us though, so we're not exactly in the loop.

Yeah, I am good friends with @thekeemo I did tell him that... but I was looking for a more broad spectrum here. So Your are both pretty! :P

Yeah, I am good friends with @thekeemo I did tell him that... but I was looking for a more broad spectrum here. So Your are both pretty! :P

you forgot about my beak..

Why?

totally agree. i was waiting for the m9 coming from a one m8 that was dying so i needed something, but once i saw it, i just went for a g3 lol. i love this phone though :) button placement alone on the m9 though wtf? xD

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

Cool, okay. You can have a disdain for them, but saying they have half the customization and user capabilities is a little bit of a bold claim. Customization on iOS doesn't go far past a wallpaper change, but TouchWiz isn't much better if OP isn't rooting or playing with custom ROMs. Alternate launchers are a thing, but I think a lot of people overestimate the customizability of Android. You still can't change UI features such as the drop-down menu, navbar appearance or icon appearance without rooting. As for user capabilities, I don't disagree though. Being able to install my own apps is nice.

That's a really bold claim. Considering Samsung's phones for the last three generations or so have had major issues with UI snappiness, Apple's 64-bit SOCs are still whooping ass in benchmarks and iOS is really well optimized, I wouldn't say this to be true.

I've owned an iPhone 5, HTC One M8, Nexus 7 (both generations), NVIDIA Shield Portable, iPad 2 and have had extensive usage of the iPhone 6 Plus, iPad 4, iPad Air 2 and Samsung Galaxy S5. They're all good devices, but iOS strikes me as a more solid and stable OS, and one that tends to hang up less in general UI animations.

Ok maybe i misspoke. The iphone is fast, but it isn't a "fun" phone to use. Keep in mind this is my opinion but the lack of an amazing camera, screen, or customization in the physical space just makes it a little less enjoyable for me. It is like driving a manual car compared to an automatic. The manual might be more work and not as relaxing and easy, but which is more fun to drive? 

MY OPINION ENTIRELY

totally agree. i was waiting for the m9 coming from a one m8 that was dying so i needed something, but once i saw it, i just went for a g3 lol. i love this phone though :) button placement alone on the m9 though wtf? xD

True. Just cracked my M8 yesterday, am considering replacing it. All of the phones out now are completely uninteresting, so I'm undertaking fixing it myself.

True. Just cracked my M8 yesterday, am considering replacing it. All of the phones out now are completely uninteresting, so I'm undertaking fixing it myself.

You don't find the S6 interesting? 

good luck :) the only thing i miss about that phone is the speakers. honestly though, this phone (although i'm perfectly fine just keeping it) was originally just a placeholder until i see what this year has to offer with whatever new comes out. i really like it though so i think i'm just gonna keep it unless something really cool comes along, but i doubt that'll happen lol.

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/