Battlefield 4 - the worst game I have ever played

nj4ck

its so terrible yet millions of people played it daily.. funny that!! it had problems at the start yes, but after a month or 2 almost all of them were polished out. and everyone moaning about the netcode must just have shit internet.. because i never found any issues.

No one moaning about netcode is wrong. Just watch werto's video above. Unless you have premium to play on cte servers you still have 200ms+ lag.This is exactly why people still experience getting shot behind corners and people not taking damage. 200+ms is alot when you can have reaction times that fast.  Which is ridiculous and why bf4 as an esport failed and never took off.

-Snip-

1. Is an issue on your end I have almost 300h in the game and have non of these issues and I have at least 80h in CTE and you don't see anyone reporting those issues.

2. Simply not true in fact it's the best netcode in the series and the delay is in CTE so much reduced that it's about on par with Counter Strike.

3. Agree most map aren't that great as DICE tried to fit to many game modes into every map.

4. Of course all people are pros now the game is almost 2 years old.

Calling Battlefield 4 the worst game ever is completely ignorant it is one of the most played PC games for a reason.
You want to see a bad game go play Call Of Duty Ghosts that is not even playable because of all the stutter or how about AC Untiy and Watchdogs...

RTX2070OC 

Try Ride to Hell: Retribution, any game will feel like a godsend afterwards.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

What's really funny is that I really enjoyed BF4. A helluva lot more than BF3. I also didn't get a lot of problems you got, for whatever reason.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

-snip-

Series went downhill after Battlefield 2.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I do that since CoD 6.

The only bad cod from cod 6 is ghosts. AW is a good game.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

The rank says hardly anything about the players skill. If a player joined Metro 64 servers all day long during double exp und used the boosters, he can reach a high rank in no time without any need of skill. Simply by spamming the 320 into tight zones. There are noob friendly servers with K/D ratio limits. But even that won't fix your problem. If you're not that good at the game and your hardware won't let you play right, there's not much anybody can do.

Unless, you rush like mad man and make constantly the wrong decisions. But I doubt that. Of all the BF4 maps, I can only really recommend the map Siege of Shanghai. 32 players is ideal. Start as a support with C4 and take a carbine as weapon. Play with friends or try to find a squad that sticks together. You won't have much success as a lone wolf in battlefield.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

I only have a 2.6KD on BF4, I'm such a noob too :(

Jokes aside, it has its flaws, but still a great fucking game in my opinion. Looks gorgeous, and never had the issues you're talking about.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

+

Don't play for K/D. Play for the win. If you held or captured a lot of flags or helped to destroy an MCOM you already won no matter of your K/D. I notice this a lot, especially in rush, that people shy away...

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

I never had performance issues with it. And that's quite interesting since my build isn't as powerful as your's.

I've stopped playing at about 60 hours since I got bored and never really wanted to buy premium, but those 60 hours were good. 

The graphics matter... until they don't.

So you didn't buy the game and you want your money back? OK.  And if you didn't like it why did you buy Premium?

I got the base game with my GPU, so I didn't choose to buy it directly, but I did pay for it. I bought premium because there are almost no populated servers available to me that do not require premium.

U must have some real bad luck with servers.

Claiming 5 games out of a thousand were without issues is massive exaggeration.

I haven't played a thousand games (I have over 150hrs in-game) and I had rubberbanding and lag issues on hardly any server. I recall some but very rarely.

All issues regarding rubber band AMD lag were fixed when I change server, easy as duck !

Noobfriendly doesn't exist on BF4 because I haven't seen a server with lvl limit and all low lvls were mostly smurfs who flamed the living hell out of anybody less skilled. That's internet gaming community, not the game u play :(

I played 5 games on about 3 different servers yesterday, every single one of them had rubber banding and lag at some point (not just me either, people were complaining about it in the chat) and the game crashed several times. This has been this way since I first started playing the game months ago.

its so terrible yet millions of people played it daily.. funny that!! it had problems at the start yes, but after a month or 2 almost all of them were polished out. and everyone moaning about the netcode must just have shit internet.. because i never found any issues.

...well I DON'T have shitty internet, and I constantly have issues. I sometimes get shot 10m befind a corner, its almost comical. My ping is 30, server ping is 30 and my connection is 50mbps, there is no other explaination.

I played 5 games on about 3 different servers yesterday, every single one of them had rubber banding and lag at some point (not just me either, people were complaining about it in the chat) and the game crashed several times. This has been this way since I first started playing the game months ago.

I've owned the game since December and haven't played it since 27th of March.

So if it went all to shit after Hardline I don't know but before it was okay on majority of the servers.

I had so much fun playing that game as its gorgeous :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Battlefield was awesome in the old days. Bf2 is still played to death. The more complex the mechanics become, the more they become exploitable, not to mention that EA spends as much money keeping their server tech up to date as Michael Jordon spent on hair gel.

The graphics in the frostbite engine are fantastic, but the polish of EA games differs from studio to studio, and the servers for every game get ruined every time a new game launches.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

snip

Its been a terrible experience for me. I have spent weeks trying to get it to work, I have reinstalled all 60 effing gigabytes of it countless times, I have spent days searching for answers on countless forums, updating and rolling back drivers and everything you can fucking imagine and I have not been able to fix it. For me PERSONALLY, it is the worst experience I have ever had with a game. It may be the best game in the world to you, to me its not. That's why this is my PERSONAL review of BF4, the way I've been experiencing it. 

And before you become the millionth person to tell me I must have shitty internet, I DO NOT. I am able to play anything from CSGO to BF3 without a problem.

hardline isn't broken!! well not that ive noticed. my only complaint is the weapon classes not being cross team. so you have to level up 2 separate guns per class.

I do miss the huge open maps of bf4 though even though I did spend most of my time on metro or the prison one.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

It's fun once you get over the fact you can't play it well and then play it to get better at it. The game has a huge curve to it, I hated it at first but overtime I slowly became better at it and at this point it's pretty awesome.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

#4 is so true. There are noob players on these servers but there is like two level 100+ dominating on both teams and fucking everyone over. It's pathetic.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

It's fun once you get over the fact you can't play it well and then play it to get better at it. The game has a huge curve to it, I hated it at first but overtime I slowly became better at it and at this point it's pretty awesome.

Its not fun when you need 10 hits to kill an enemy but he only needs 1.

I got the base game with my GPU, so I didn't choose to buy it directly, but I did pay for it. I bought premium because there are almost no populated servers available to me that do not require premium.

You didn't "pay" for it, you got it with another product.  To me, that means you didn't pay for it.  I got Watch Dogs with my GPU, its a shite game, but I'm not complaining, I got a free game.  Even the few populated vanilla servers should have been enough to tell you to avoid this game.  I bought BF4 on sale, I tried 3 servers, and they were all shit.  I didn't go and buy Premium.  

You made a mistake, you bought Premium for a game that is already notorious for having netcode issues and bugs.  And the reason why you made that mistake was because you didn't fork over $50 for the base game in the first place.  

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

You didn't "pay" for it, you got it with another product.  To me, that means you didn't pay for it.  I got Watch Dogs with my GPU, its a shite game, but I'm not complaining, I got a free game.  Even the few populated vanilla servers should have been enough to tell you to avoid this game.  I bought BF4 on sale, I tried 3 servers, and they were all shit.  I didn't go and buy Premium.  

You made a mistake, you bought Premium for a game that is already notorious for having netcode issues and bugs.  And the reason why you made that mistake was because you didn't fork over $50 for the base game in the first place.  

agreed, paying for Premium was a big mistake, I did it mainly because there were basically no servers I could play on without it and I was confident I'd be able to get the game running eventually. Nevertheless, I am mad at EA and DICE and am not backing down from my original statements. 

agreed, paying for Premium was a big mistake, I did it mainly because there were basically no servers I could play on without it and I was confident I'd be able to get the game running eventually. Nevertheless, I am mad at EA and DICE and am not backing down from my original statements. 

Why are you mad? You didn't buy the game, so they didn't rip you off or anything. They have been working their asses off to improve the game, and its actually pretty damn good right now. So what are you "mad" about.

Why are you mad? You didn't buy the game, so they didn't rip you off or anything. They have been working their asses off to improve the game, and its actually pretty damn good right now. So what are you "mad" about.

I DID buy the game. I was gullible enough to pay €50 for premium, believing that I'd eventually get it to work properly and that it couldn't really be that bad. Yes that was my mistake, but it still means EA has swallowed my money.

I DID buy the game. I was gullible enough to pay €50 for premium, believing that I'd eventually get it to work properly and that it couldn't really be that bad. Yes that was my mistake, but it still means EA has swallowed my money.

Buying premium to make the game better? If you thought that would make a difference, its not Dice's fault tbh.