just installed 970 black scren

fuser22
Go to solution Solved by fuser22,

I HAVE SOLVED IT! omg i feel so incredible smart! so if anyone ever has the same problem or somehing a like it?

what i did was:

no graphics card. boot into windwos. download the latest driver installer. shut down and stat with another graphics card in. in my case this was my gtx 560ti. and install the newest drivers. shutdown. switch graphics card to the 970 and boot into safemode! with whatever ports that work! my case this was my DVI-D or whatever its called. and install the newest drivers downloaded from earlier.  and shutdown boot up again with no safemode :D 

I just installed my gtx 970 g1 gaming. and whenever i try to boot up it just black screen and shows b2 in the buttom right corner. i tried some solutions online from google but none of them seemed to work. 

Windows 8.1 64bit

I have no idea what to do?

whenever i have the graphcis card in the PCIe slot its lot it wont output from anywhere. I have had my dvi ports in every single port i could find it fit and still no display. but if i take the graphics card out it will boot up and start windows from onboard. what do i do?

i5-6600k @4.1ghz | asus maximus VIII HERO | 16GB corsair veangence | Noctua NH-D15S | GTX970 g1 gaming | 2x 240gb hyperx SSD | 1TB WD | Define R5 

I just installed my gtx 970 g1 gaming. and whenever i try to boot up it just black screen and shows b2 in the buttom right corner. i tried some solutions online from google but none of them seemed to work. 

Windows 8.1 64bit

If it's all seated correctly and the power leads are correctly seated and it's still not working then you might have a faulty card. :0/

Can you run the monitor from the motherboard when the card's not installed?

Is it not even booting with the graphics card fitted?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

If it's all seated correctly and the power leads are correctly seated and it's still not working then you might have a faulty card. :0/

Can you run the monitor from the motherboard when the card's not installed?

Is it not even booting with the graphics card fitted?

yeah whenever i do not have the graphics card in i can boot into windows with no problem from onbard graphics.

i cant tell since i dont know if its the ports or something? like the computer turns on when the graphics card is in. but no display on anything. HDMI DVI, DVi (the other one) or onboard.

i5-6600k @4.1ghz | asus maximus VIII HERO | 16GB corsair veangence | Noctua NH-D15S | GTX970 g1 gaming | 2x 240gb hyperx SSD | 1TB WD | Define R5 

Windows 8.1 64bit

I have no idea what to do?

whenever i have the graphcis card in the PCIe slot its lot it wont output from anywhere. I have had my dvi ports in every single port i could find it fit and still no display. but if i take the graphics card out it will boot up and start windows from onboard. what do i do?

Do you have another Graphics card available to test on?

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Do you have another Graphics card available to test on?

works fine with my gtx 560ti :) 

Phew, that's a good sign at least. It means your MoBo's PCI-E slot is A-OKAY. :D I would get in touch with your card's customer support and do an RMA.

Another thing, to just make sure, is that you could ask a friend to test your card on their rig.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Phew, that's a good sign at least. It means your MoBo's PCI-E slot is A-OKAY. :D I would get in touch with your card's customer support and do an RMA.

Another thing, to just make sure, is that you could ask a friend to test your card on their rig.

yeah that's a good thing. its just weird how it doesnt output anything. On some of the guides online it says stuff about the intel HD4000 needs to be uninstalled and stuff. the drivers of course. but i did that and i also uninstalled the ones for my old graphics card. still nothing has worked. 

My Gigabyte 970 did the same thing. Had to RMA the card.

Seems to be luck of the draw lately. My card ran fine with some small glitches for about two months then nothing.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

My Gigabyte 970 did the same thing. Had to RMA the card.

Seems to be luck of the draw lately. My card ran fine with some small glitches for about two months then nothing.

well that's not very good if its a common thing. its defiently not a graphics card i would recommend if there's a big chance that its a failure. 

well that's not very good if its a common thing. its defiently not a graphics card i would recommend if there's a big chance that its a failure.

In my case I had a corsair cx600m that decided 12v was lame and caused my card to fail, so not entirely Gigabytes fault on that one.

That being said they have one of the better customer support systems and their RMA department is decent.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

In my case I had a corsair cx600m that decided 12v was lame and caused my card to fail, so not entirely Gigabytes fault on that one.

That being said they have one of the better customer support systems and their RMA department is decent.

mine might have done the same thing? how did you figure out that that was what happended?

I HAVE SOLVED IT! omg i feel so incredible smart! so if anyone ever has the same problem or somehing a like it?

what i did was:

no graphics card. boot into windwos. download the latest driver installer. shut down and stat with another graphics card in. in my case this was my gtx 560ti. and install the newest drivers. shutdown. switch graphics card to the 970 and boot into safemode! with whatever ports that work! my case this was my DVI-D or whatever its called. and install the newest drivers downloaded from earlier.  and shutdown boot up again with no safemode :D 

IIRC B2 is USB error. Un plug all Devices and try again.
It's not likely a bad GPU because it displays B2 on the screen...

EDIT: Mark topic as solved please.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!