Mouse Pad Buyer's Guide for Gamers

nice video!

i miss one/two types of mousepad tho.

There was one called "SteelSeries 5L" a while back that had a hard base and a soft top. this pad was super great for me back then now i have migrated over to a more classic steelseries hard mousepad, i regularly play "fast" games like csgo and i dont have any issue with stoping

also you didn't even mention Glides/skates whatever you call them. the plastic feet on the mouse being hard plastic or tape style, it affects the mouse feel A LOT

other then that, ty for this, there needs to be more gamer stuff like this as well :)

Right now I use the Razer Goliathus Control Edition that came free with my mouse, but my favorite mousepad is my old Icemat 2nd Edition Black... 

Oh man, i agree that its a nice mousepad but i can't stand that "scratchy feel"  of it... back then it was good ol' Func for me :P

I like my SteelSeries QCK mousepads. One even survived getting cola spilled in it

Woot edzel! :D 

Nice video! I like how indept this was, its always nice to see a persons interests in a video like this. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

decent video but would have been better if your test had an artisan pad, uc 50/90, corepad and a glorious

He tried to get an artisan trust me.

Was expecting to see at least see a couple of Artisan mousepads when you briefly showed their website (1:33).

Kinda disappointed :(. Hugely underrated mousepads if you ask me.

Agreed but the availability is low which is why it wasn't featured sadly.

-snip-

but my favorite mousepad is my old Icemat 2nd Edition Black...

Due bought a pink one of the for a buddy a couple years back as they were all that's still available.

Should look at the MadCatz range of pads.

They have a Large Hard Aluminium pad (G.L.I.D.E 9)

They have a Large Silicone pad (G.L.I.D.E 7 ) < I use this one

They multiple sized cloth pads. (G.L.I.D.E 3&5)

and they have a hybrid pad (G.L.I.D.E TE XL)

I like the silicon pads as they are easy to clean, though like all pads they still unfortunately stain where ur wrist/hand usual sits after a while :(

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I think it's nice Edzel is getting more screen time but there's a couple of things I think he can work on.

-don't know if it's the lighting or the make up, but Edzel's face looks really oily.  The shine is kind of distracting.

-the way Edzel is talking sounds like he's just reading lines off the teleprompter. (yeah i know he is) My point is that you don't want to sound like a robot when doing so. You want to present your points in an interesting way or with your own style.  This ain't a lecture so don't make it one.

He tried to get an artisan trust me.

oh I forgot artisan pads are super hard to get in America so probably harder in Canada

While they're super easy to get here

Interesting. Never thought mousemats would be that different. I've just used my Roccat Taito since forever.

Was Icemat mousepads ever popular in the US?

Idk if it was here for long before it was called the SteelSeries I2.

oh I forgot artisan pads are super hard to get in America so probably harder in Canada

While they're super easy to get here

Not easy and not cheap.

How does it make sense to use logitech a logitech mouse for all the tests but not even include their own logitech mouse mats..

They are, in my opinion, very nice and I love using it in combination with my proteus core g502 (that I decided on because of the LTT video!)

how can the pads not even be mentioned in the video? haha, so bizarre

Idk if it was here for long before it was called the SteelSeries I2.

Aha, I don't think they even lasted long enough here to get the rename. It was only the headset.

However before that, the mousepad was insanely popular here. Every slightly nerdy friend I had, used that mousepad.. And it was terrible! :P

Awesome video. This was something that I felt was missing from a lot of people that reviewed tech and gaming hard ware(although I do understand that it wouldn't really be viable to do this for each individual pad). But it probably would have been helpful to explain what CD means in the video. I really like the mousepads that extend under my keyboard and plan on getting one soon.

Awesome video. This was something that I felt was missing from a lot of people that reviewed tech and gaming hard ware(although I do understand that it wouldn't really be viable to do this for each individual pad). But it probably would have been helpful to explain what CD means in the video. I really like the mousepads that extend under my keyboard and plan on getting one soon.

cd means cd, you know one of these things http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_disc

it's a really common way of testing lod

I prefer the Roccat taito :) it has just the right amount of friction, it is not too small/big and it does not attract alot of dust even though it is a cloth pad :)

Edzel said he hadn't found a silicone hybrid large enough for him. He should see if the CM Storm Power RX (450 x 350 x 2.5 mm). I think Mad Catz is also recently released a similar one that is slightly smaller (395 x 315 mm).

Links:

CM Storm Power RX

Mad Catz G.L.I.D.E. TE XL

Edit: Fixed

Does anyone know where I can get a Puretrak talent in Canada? Is the only option to order from the U.S? I really want to try that pad out but google has not helped me as of yet...

Edzel said he hadn't found a silicone hybrid large enough for him. He should see if the CM Storm Power RX (450 x 350 x 2.5 mm). I think Roccat is also recently released a similar one that is slightly smaller (395 x 315 mm).

Links:

CM Storm Power RX

Mad Catz G.L.I.D.E. TE XL

There was something about the CM Storm one that turned me off from it, I can't remember what right now...

And did you mean the Mad Catz link when you referred to Roccat? Also, I didn't realize Madcatz was still in the PC game. xD I'll have to get one. It looks good.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

Just casually putting this here.

OZvTiV6.png

<3 @dezeltheintern

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Aha, I don't think they even lasted long enough here to get the rename. It was only the headset.

However before that, the mousepad was insanely popular here. Every slightly nerdy friend I had, used that mousepad.. And it was terrible! :P

Dude that mousepad was the shit!

I think it's nice Edzel is getting more screen time but there's a couple of things I think he can work on.

-don't know if it's the lighting or the make up, but Edzel's face looks really oily.  The shine is kind of distracting.

-the way Edzel is talking sounds like he's just reading lines off the teleprompter. (yeah i know he is) My point is that you don't want to sound like a robot when doing so. You want to present your points in an interesting way or with your own style.  This ain't a lecture so don't make it one.

I think it's a practice makes perfect thing, I had to do an ungodly amount of presentations in college, presenting projects and stuff we worked on and I simply sucked at first. Now I'm actually decent and it helps in a professional environment. 

All I have to say is hand movement, don't be afraid to emphasize points with some limited hand movements, if you're struggling to keep them somewhere away it is noticeable.

That all being said Edzel did get me interested in looking into mousepads after about 5-7 years of not using them, so well done. 

The slow mo tests got me tbh, didn't realize the difference some of those pads can have.

I can't imagine paying more than a couple bucks on a mousepad, i used to use two or three stacked on top of each other, but i decided recently to tape the two i had together for a bigger one, and this works great for me

8uF2VFL.jpgFound one in my garage and the other is an old family photo we got printed to mousepads.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R