Toshiba 5TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm ($149.99) @amazon

SirNumbers

The heavier writing is a good point. But your other point, which was data recovery, I wouldn't count that as a benefit. If you look at it, on either side, if the  actual storage medium dies(flash chip, magnetic disc), the drive is dead. You could recover data from a HDD if another component breaks, but SSD's don't even have that point of failure. So id say that's actually a benefit on the SSD's part, less points of failure.

Im pretty sure a large amount of data can be recovered, even from a scratched or even broken disc. I personally have never had to deal with hard drive recovery, so I cannot say for sure. If an ssd fails, I don't know if its even possible to recover it in any capacity. If you have large amounts of critical data that you CANNOT lose, mechanical drives are still the way to go, as they also have a data recovery market which you can go to to recover any data you would of lost if it was on ssds.

Against me? I clearly stated that being cheaper is a benefit. So declaring that its 10 times cheaper is supporting me alot.

how you stated it sounded like even though it was cheaper, Because of all those other things it being cheaper didnt mean anything. 

like if I say a girl is hot but shes a bitch, cheats, steals, robs, has no friends, does drugs, and hates PCs. it doesnt make it seem like her being hot means anything anymore

Im pretty sure a large amount of data can be recovered, even from a scratched or even broken disc. I personally have never had to deal with hard drive recovery, so I cannot say for sure. If an ssd fails, I don't know if its even possible to recover it in any capacity. If you have large amounts of critical data that you CANNOT lose, mechanical drives are still the way to go, as they also have a data recovery market which you can go to to recover any data you would of lost if it was on ssds.

If you have large amounts of critial data that you CANNOT lose, what you should be looking at isn't high capacity harddrives for your computer, but rather onsite and offsite backups.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

These are pretty modern drives, they only came out in the last year or so. The downside is they aren't the versions designed for 24/7 operation or RAID, but they're perfectly fine for doing backups.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

If you have large amounts of critial data that you CANNOT lose, what you should be looking at isn't high capacity harddrives for your computer, but rather onsite and offsite backups.

onsite and offsite backups of high capacity mechanical drives. Look at what LMG is doing. A badass raid 50 ssd array to work from, and a bunch of mechanical drives for the back ups.