Hey Guys,

I've recently made a new thread about the components of my new PC, and I am quite satisfied. The only thing that I'm still not so sure about is the cooling. I want to stay away from water-cooling because well, it's a little risky and since I will probably be switching out some stuff once a year or so, I want to avoid the hassle of constantly dismantling the water cooling system. 

Here are my specifications for the build:

Case: Corsair 350D Black w/ Window

Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro

Processor: Intel Core i7 5960x 

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws4 DDR4 4X8GB 2666MHz CL15 Black

Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X ( x2 in SLI )

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD + WD Black 4TB HDD

Power Supply: Corsair 1200w Professional Platinum 

---------------------------------------------------------

Cooling: 

* Now, I'm not sure should I go for a closed loop liquid cooler or an air cooler, so this is the main reason I posted on this thread. If possible, I would want this build to be as silent as possible, and the temps to stick around 70-80 degrees celsius at full load for the GPU & CPU.

Fans: Corsair AF120 x3 + Corsair AF140 x2 

*2 of the 3 AF120's would replace the fans on the liquid cooler

Liquid Cooler for CPU: Corsair H100i OR H105 

Air Heatsink for CPU: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3  ( The 2 AF120's would replace the fans on this)

-------------------------------------------------------

Peripherals:

I'm open to suggestions, but here is what I'm going for now:

Monitor(s): 2x Asus PA328Q 4K 32" Monitors

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma

Mouse: Razer Ouroboros OR Logitech Performance MX

------------------------------------------------

Like I said, my main concern is the cooling and if anyone would be oh so helpful and advise me on how to keep the computer at 27-35 DB while using it.

If anyone was wondering, these are the programs I would be using:

Photoshop CC

Premiere Pro CC

Media Encoder CC

I would be also playing video games , most likely triple AAA titles, for example Bioshock Infinite, the upcoming Batman: Arkham Knight and many more.

Please leave suggestions below, and follow if you are interested :).

Why would you go MATX for X99?

The whole point of X99 is to have all those extra PCI-E lanes / PCI-E bandwidth 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Fans: Corsair AF120 x3 + Corsair AF140 x2 

*2 of the 3 AF120's would replace the fans on the liquid cooler

Liquid Cooler for CPU: Corsair H100i OR H105 

Air Heatsink for CPU: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3  ( The 2 AF120's would replace the fans on this)

No...

Noo...

Nooooo q.q

Okay, Screw that H100i. It's useless. H105 performs and looks better.

Don't use AF120s. They're loud as fu.. and don't even perform that well. 

You should either get SP120s or Silent Wings 2 (or something similar) for your radiator. They perform similar in air pressure but the be Quiet Silent Wings 2 fans are much better when it comes to noise and air flow.

If you really want to go for air cooling, then the Dark Rock3 is a good choice. Don't replace the stock fans with AFs, you'll only make it worse. Be quiet has excellent fans. They're called be Quiet for a reason...  ;)

No it's not. While that is factor for most folks it's about the faster CPUs.  Generally speaking a highend mATX motherboard like the one OP intends to use will have more than enough PCI-E slots. (Also the lanes come from the CPU not the motherboard.) 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Dual air-cooled Titans in a mATX system? That's gonna be loud under load either way.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

How big are your photoshop project? =| 

Well if you're open to other ones the Kraken series like x61's are pretty top notch reliablity which I'm assuming is important. if not then the dark pro 3 is a good option.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

The main reason that I am going MATX for X99 is because I need the power and the portability that a 350D has. I was almost settled for the Mac Pro, but upon the release of X99 and the new Titan X, I've switched and to challenge myself, except for getting a Fractal Design R5, I'm going to go with the Corsair 350D, Bitfenix Prodigy M, or; my favourite the Corsair Air 540 (a tad bigger).

No...

Noo...

Nooooo q.q

Okay, Screw that H100i. It's useless. H105 performs and looks better.

Don't use AF120s. They're loud as fu.. and don't even perform that well. 

You should either get SP120s or Silent Wings 2 (or something similar) for your radiator. They perform similar in air pressure but the be Quiet Silent Wings 2 fans are much better when it comes to noise and air flow.

If you really want to go for air cooling, then the Dark Rock3 is a good choice. Don't replace the stock fans with AFs, you'll only make it worse. Be quiet has excellent fans. They're called be Quiet for a reason...  ;)

Thanks, I've heard the AF120's are pretty loud, and the silent wings 2 have great reviews. If so, should I replace the Dark Rock 3 wings with these aftermarket fans, or not? What about the Noctua 120mm 6.8 db fans? 

Thanks, I've heard the AF120's are pretty loud, and the silent wings 2 have great reviews. If so, should I replace the Dark Rock 3 wings with these aftermarket fans, or not? What about the Noctua 120mm 6.8 db fans?

You don't even have to replace them on the DarkRock3. Those are pretty much the same fans, but without the rubber grommets at the corners.

Of course you could use Noctuas, but afaik the 6.8db fans have nearly no air pressure and low airflow. You're trying to cool a 8-core monster. Not an i3. :P

And also they're brown  :wacko:

Dual air-cooled Titans in a mATX system? That's gonna be loud under load either way.

Air cooled SLI configs always get loud under load. So unless he would go with water cooling it doesn't really matter.

No it's not. While that is factor for most folks it's about the faster CPUs.  Generally speaking a highend mATX motherboard like the one OP intends to use will have more than enough PCI-E slots. (Also the lanes come from the CPU not the motherboard.) 

Thank You, that's why I'm getting MATX, because still that's enough PCI-E lanes for me

Well if you're open to other ones the Kraken series like x61's are pretty top notch reliablity which I'm assuming is important. if not then the dark pro 3 is a good option.

Photoshop projects would be thumbnails, nothing too big. In premiere I would edit 15-20 minute 1080p videos, but in a couple of months I think I'll upgrade to 4K.

Zeke, you may be right, but if I'm not pushing them to their limits than I don't think they'll be extremely loud. Now, if I play on ultra settings in 4K, you're right.

Thank You, that's why I'm getting MATX, because still that's enough PCI-E lanes for me

Photoshop projects would be thumbnails, nothing too big. In premiere I would edit 15-20 minute 1080p videos, but in a couple of months I think I'll upgrade to 4K.

Zeke, you may be right, but if I'm not pushing them to their limits than I don't think they'll be extremely loud. Now, if I play on ultra settings in 4K, you're right.

ek vardars are waaay better for rads/heatsinks than those two :P

You don't even have to replace them on the DarkRock3. Those are pretty much the same fans, but without the rubber grommets at the corners.

Of course you could use Noctuas, but afaik the 6.8db fans have nearly no air pressure and low airflow. You're trying to cool a 8-core monster. Not an i3. :P

And also they're brown  :wacko:

Sigh, you are correct. They are brown which highly irritates me. What about the industrial fans? Are they any good? 

ek vardars are waaay better for rads/heatsinks than those two :P

Are the EK vardars silent fans? 

So, to sum up. Currently these are the best recommendations for cooling:

Corsair AF120 are loud, so they're out. H100i is a big no-no.

So, the Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 should do the job.

As for the fans, the EK Vardars or the Be Quiet! fans should do the job.

Further recommendations are welcome.

Moving on, what monitors/keyboards/webcams/mice and other peripherals do You guys recommend?

If, I chose to go with water-cooling, what is the cost of hardline cooling this system, meaning the CPU, 2 GPU'S and etc? Are they available in Europe?

Sigh, you are correct. They are brown which highly irritates me. What about the industrial fans? Are they any good?

Yup, they are really good - if you want to cool a dual xeon build or a server rack. Those are 2000 - 3000 rpm fans.

You could turn them down of course, but I think they'll be still louder than the Silent Wings.

At 2000 rpm they are at ~29 decibels compared to the 16.5 decibels at 1500 rpm of the Silent Wings.

I would try out the fans that come with the Dark Rock first and then you can still get some better fans.

If, I chose to go with water-cooling, what is the cost of hardline cooling this system, meaning the CPU, 2 GPU'S and etc? Are they available in Europe?

EK is a european company and of course they are available in Europe.

I haven't done any watercooling yet, but I would guess you'll have to pay at least 200€ for soft tubing and a lot more for hard tubing.

Yup, they are really good - if you want to cool a dual xeon build or a server rack. Those are 2000 - 3000 rpm fans.

You could turn them down of course, but I think they'll be still louder than the Silent Wings.

At 2000 rpm they are at ~29 decibels compared to the 16.5 decibels at 1500 rpm of the Silent Wings.

I would try out the fans that come with the Dark Rock first and then you can still get some better fans.

Alright, but if I go with hardline water-cooling, would the system be silent or still loud? How loud are we talking? What would be the price of water-cooling this system?

Alright, but if I go with hardline water-cooling, would the system be silent or still loud? How loud are we talking? What would be the price of water-cooling this system?

Like I said, it'll be expensive, but if you already spend so much money on your build, than you'll have probably enough for some water cooling.

You would need a lot of radiators and fans to get it quiet and then it can get really quiet even under load. But I'm not a watercooling expert...

Like I said, it'll be expensive, but if you already spend so much money on your build, than you'll have probably enough for some water cooling.

You would need a lot of radiators and fans to get it quiet and then it can get really quiet even under load. But I'm not a watercooling expert...

I have a nearby computer store, and they also put together their own computers. I could buy this one, and here are the specifications (it's water cooled)

i7 5960X cpu

MSI X99S motherboard

32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM DDR4

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB

WD Purple 4TB

LG Blu-Ray drive

Geforce GTX 980 X 4 SLI

Phanteks Enthoo Primo White

1200w Be Quiet! Power Supply

These are the main specifications, it costs $6,599; with a 5960x, 4x 980 sli, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd and 4tb hdd, water cooled; is this a good deal?

Geforce GTX 980 X 4 SLI

Geforce GTX 980 X 4 SLI

980 X 4 SLI

X 4 SLI

Unless you really need to burn money there is almost no reason to go 4way sli. It will only make things much louder and hotter. 

Geforce GTX 980 X 4 SLI

980 X 4 SLI

X 4 SLI

Unless you really need to burn money there is almost no reason to go 4way sli. It will only make things much louder and hotter. 

Okay, if I get x2 Titan X's in a corsair 350d, if I decide to hardline water cool it, is it possible and how much would that be approx?

These are the main specifications, it costs $6,599; with a 5960x, 4x 980 sli, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd and 4tb hdd, water cooled; is this a good deal?

I don't know. You'll have to find the best deals you can get for each component. And 4-way SLI seems silly. 2-way is the max I would go.

Gotcha, thanks for the advice, if you've seen my original post, I'm going with two Titan X's, a 5960X, 32GB DDR4 Ram, and basically a beast of a computer all in a 350D. 

Are the EK vardars silent fans? 

They're inaudiable, even at 1800 rpm (iirc). BTW why the fuck do you need 4 980's and a WD purple? Purples are used for cctv's