Can someone help me choose fan sizes?

SocomSuade

I have an Enthoo Pro and I have attached a picture of what my fan size options are.

I've heard people say the bigger the better but I've also seen people post that two 140mm are better than one 200mm for example and it gets pretty confusing.

I want the best airflow that I can get and want to keep things cool.

I don't think I would need a static pressure fan but I don't know much about it.

I don't do water cooling, no overclocking for now but I may in the future and here are my specs if that makes a difference:

I7-4790k

Asus z97-AR

Gigabyte G1 Gaming gtx 970

8GB Gskill sniper series 1866

Evga Supernova G2 750w

Samsung 850 pro 256gb

WD Black 1TB

I doubt I'll use a bottom fan because I'm fond of my PSU cover so unless it makes a huge difference I would count the bottom fan out.

As a Noob I have been thinking leaving the stock 200mm in the front, three 140mm up top and stock fan in the rear.

I have no idea how the HDD fans would work but Id prefer to not even have the cages there at all. I'm thinking of trying to put the HD on the back and be able to remove both cages. The top cage is currently not installed.

Anyhow sorry for the long post I wanted to give as much info as I can. What do you all would be the best configuration?

post-197961-0-78281700-1428194829.jpg

I have an Enthoo Pro and I have attached a picture of what my fan size options are.

I've heard people say the bigger the better but I've also seen people post that two 140mm are better than one 200mm for example and it gets pretty confusing.

I want the best airflow that I can get and want to keep things cool.

I don't think I would need a static pressure fan but I don't know much about it.

I don't do water cooling, no overclocking for now but I may in the future and here are my specs if that makes a difference:

I7-4790k

Asus z97-AR

Gigabyte G1 Gaming gtx 970

8GB Gskill sniper series 1866

Evga Supernova G2 750w

Samsung 850 pro 256gb

WD Black 1TB

I doubt I'll use a bottom fan because I'm fond of my PSU cover so unless it makes a huge difference I would count the bottom fan out.

As a Noob I have been thinking leaving the stock 200mm in the front, three 140mm up top and stock fan in the rear.

I have no idea how the HDD fans would work but Id prefer to not even have the cages there at all. I'm thinking of trying to put the HD on the back and be able to remove both cages. The top cage is currently not installed.

Anyhow sorry for the long post I wanted to give as much info as I can. What do you all would be the best configuration?

hi I have the same case as you I've added several other fans as well. you are correct when you assume that is 200 millimeter fan will give you the best airflow the problem is that compatibility with the 200mm can be a problem. we normally recommend 2 140 millimeter fans because of the quality and the amount of producers that make them its just a more competitive size factor. I've added for extra fans to my pro with minimal decrease in temperatures I mostly did it because of lower rpm, less noise. Also 2 140mm =280mm vs 200mm. I have pics in my profile of what i did. You really shouldn't need any extra fans, i didn't, still got some.

Sorry on my phone will correct Grammer another time.

hi I have the same case as you I've added several other fans as wellyou are correct when you assume that is 200 millimeter fan will give you the best airflow the problem is that compatibility with you 200mm can be a problem. we normally recommend I 140 millimeter fans because of the quality and the amount of producers that make them its just a more competitive size factor. I've added for extra fans to my pro with minimal decrease in temperatures I mostly did it because of lower rpm, less noise. Sorry on my phone will correct Grammer another time.

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by compatibility with 200mm can be a problem?

Do you just mean not too many people make them and have them fit my case?

What are all the fans and sizes that you have?

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by compatibility with 200mm can be a problem?

Do you just mean not too many people make them and have them fit my case?

What are all the fans and sizes that you have?

besides stock and the 212 fan i added 4 cougar fans, 3 on top 1 on drive cage for the gpu. I poorly worded my answer sorry. Yes, not many people make 200mm fan so its not as competitive as 120 or 140. You can find decent 200mm fans but you can find outstanding 140 or 120mm. Also 200mm can sometimes have screw holes in strange places or be to thick. I hope this answers it better.

besides stock and the 212 fan i added 4 cougar fans, 3 on top 1 on drive cage for the gpu. I poorly worded my answer sorry. Yes, not many people make 200mm fan so its not as competitive as 120 or 140. You can find decent 200mm fans but you can find outstanding 140 or 120mm. Also 200mm can sometimes have screw holes in strange places or be to thick. I hope this answers it better.

Yes thank you.

Any chance you can show a pic of the HDD fan? I'm lost as to how that works.

Also how do you feel about the bottom fans? I live the PSU cover and idk if sacrificing that is worth having a bottom fan.

Yes thank you.

Any chance you can show a pic of the HDD fan? I'm lost as to how that works.

Also how do you feel about the bottom fans? I live the PSU cover and idk if sacrificing that is worth having a bottom fan.

i may have a pic in my profile if not ill get you some spike lee angles when i get off in 3 hours. I like the psu cover too, i keep mine on, i dont think that spot will help much it is flitered though. The drive cages have a support bracket you take off to mount the fans. If you watch the linus tech tips video on the pro he takes the bracket off i believe, he does show where is located at least. Feel free to ask any questions anytime, thats why we're here :)

i may have a pic in my profile if not ill get you some spike lee angles when i get off in 3 hours. I like the psu cover too, i keep mine on, i dont think that spot will help much it is flitered though. The drive cages have a support bracket you take off to mount the fans. If you watch the linus tech tips video on the pro he takes the bracket off i believe, he does show where is located at least. Feel free to ask any questions anytime, thats why we're here :)

Awesome. I see the pics, thanks.