Kickstarter Gaming Desk (Update 2)

Speedrookie

For those who were not part of my first design of this desk you can click here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/317310-kickstarter-gaming-computer-desk-get-your-ideas-added/page-2

I have worked alot on refreshing the design for this desk. I have gone a more simplified route for the design and structural integrity while keeping the table top design people liked. Here are new models and the aspects of those designs:

OXzbh2I.png

A - This is a 3x USB 3.0 compartment for keyboard mouse and something else special.

B - These are the holes for the legs, this allows you to route and cable manage through the leg and to the rear of the PC.

C - These are cutouts for the LEDs, THey will be RGB to match any system.

D - This 2'6" keyboard/mouse section can come down to a 10 degree angle for ergonomics.

E - These are rubber grommets for cable management. 

F - Sections of the internal part of the desk are cut out for cable management.

G - Shelves for storage. 

H - Aluminum sheet trim for anesthetics.

I - 30" Aluminum legs

J - Grommets for the legs in 2 locations. These allow for different hight cases and prevents wires from damage on metal.

Questions I need answered:

1. This desk is 6' long. This is what I need in a desk but would it be the size most others would be looking for? It is quite big!

2. No matter how many orders I get I want to make these at home to prevent any issues with quality assurance. Benefit of this is that there should be no issues at all because I will be making them, second desks will be made either way if its funded or not. Downside shipping/construction might be slow.
3. I Have no affiliation with the Gaming Paradise desk that the creator did not give the desk to the buyers and they are left out. Out of the kindness of my heart I feel I should give a discount to those ripped off by the Gaming Paradise desk.

4. What would you like to see on this desk? 

5. Do you like the ergonomic 10 degree angle implementation

Note:

I dont want to add any wire default because everyones system is different. Ex. I use optical for audio, so a 3.5mm jack would be useless. This desk is able to be taken apart in sections to allow the user to mange and route cables themselves, I think this is a huge bonus! I will be making this desk in the next coming weeks so real photos will be coming soon!

Cup holders would be nice

I have been asked that before but I feel a cup holder would not be necessary because there is plenty of desk space and shelves you could put it on and second, its something not everyone could utilize. I use a 1L cup and a standard cup holder would not be big enough. But if it is wanted I can look into it. Thanks for your input.

What would your price be because I really need a desk like this!!!!!!!!!! 

What would your price be because I really need a desk like this!!!!!!!!!! 

Still working that out megab, PM your email and I can let you know in a few week once I build it. In the mean time would you be able to answer those question I have for me? 

Still working that out megab, PM your email and I can let you know in a few week once I build it. In the mean time would you be able to answer those question I have for me? 

ok here:

1. Yes definitely that would be perfect width for me, also could you tell me what its depth will be?

2. Not a question but i think your trying to ask if that would be fine? I currently live in London, England so shipping would probably be a problem :(

3. Never heard of the paradise desk so this definitely does not apply to me :)

4. I would like to see this desk if thats the question. It is a perfect desk for what I need

ok here:

1. Yes definitely that would be perfect width for me, also could you tell me what its depth will be?

2. Not a question but i think your trying to ask if that would be fine? I currently live in London, England so shipping would probably be a problem :(

3. Never heard of the paradise desk so this definitely does not apply to me :)

4. I would like to see this desk if thats the question. It is a perfect desk for what I need

Yea, 2 really is not a question is it? Its more of a statement to make sure people are ok with it. As for width it is 2'4". The section for the 10 degree angle keyboard/mouse section is 2'6" wide and 1' long. I can say that the desk will be somewhere in the $400-$500 range.

• 2 weeks later...

What modeling program are you using?

I do like the 10 degree angle thing

Also what is the height of the desk?