Kickstarter Gaming Computer Desk (Get your ideas added!)

Speedrookie

Hello, my goal is to design a desk to meet the majority of PC gamers needs. I have a few desk designs that I would like to be reviewed by you, I want your opinion on what you would like to see on the desk and the features it should have. I want this desk to NOT end up like the paradise desk, I am looking at traders and factories in Canada to have a good quality and not too expensive of a desk. (You can check out the fraudulent moves of the Paradise desk by clicking here

So I really have no idea what people would be looking to pay for a desk and what they want in it, here is my personal desk design: 

eVrYyP1.png

A: This section is 2'6" that can fold down 10 degrees for a more ergonomic wrist and arm alignment on the desk. (Back = Down, Front = Up

B: This area is a full 2 and 1/2 feat to fit any size tower extra space can be filled with shelves identical to other side.

D: This lower section of A is used for supporting A at the 10 degree angle but also is a compartment fro cable management (Cable management goes through holes C then goes through a hole in D then down the leg and out to the I/O panel of your case.)

E: Lots of shelving with 9" between each.

This is just my desk that I will be using but I want to design a desk that suits everyone needs and expectations in a high quality desk, I still want to make it cheap and widely available while still maintaining quality. I will be using Oak Plywood for my desk, i think for a desk I will use a more minimalist look like the Paradise Gaming Desk and use MDF. I don't want to add wiring into a desk because I don't want to deal with faulty wiring such as the Paradise Desk, also not everyone uses the ports that would on the desk rendering them useless. The paradise desk had HDMI and DVI but some people use DP, so i don't want to add features that would not be useful to everyone, but that's why I am here asking you. 

So let me know in the comments what you are looking for in a computer desk, I have a few desk top design options:

GFpDl3Q.pngI will work from he information i get here and plan to bring updates fairly quickly. You can also use this google doc forum to share your opinions and ideas. This way I can also let the people interest know when this has updates and comes available.

without modularity you won't fit the need of much people, like IKEA made it with their desk its briliant 

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I would swap B side with E because most cases have their windowed side on the left of the case. Other than that it looks good

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Top design 'B' is best, wraparound front but cornered back gives best 'surround' feeling, but keeps extra space in the back.

Now that I've given you my opinion, I call 10% profits.

You would be able to swap sides of shelves.

I was too lazy to read xD 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

I think it needs a monitor stand. Or multiple monitor stands.

? You can use a vesa mount and it has plenty of room for 3 monitors.

Top design 'B' is best, wraparound front but cornered back gives best 'surround' feeling, but keeps extra space in the back.

Now that I've given you my opinion, I call 10% profits.

Do you like the 10 degree keyboard and mouse section?

Do you like the 10 degree keyboard and mouse section?

What does that mean? Is that the rectangular thing that all the right-hand images have?

What does that mean? Is that the rectangular thing that all the right-hand images have?

Yes and the first photo, I wanted this section to be able to come down 10 degrees so its ergonomic and the edge of the desk does not dig into your wrists.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fw4cA4xvsVsLUazZMooLfrsdF7YaJC9NO1l6A-DbvLY/viewform?c=0&w=1

Honestly speaking it is relatively similar to what we have on the market. In order to excel in selling products it must be unique compared to your contenders 

My suggestion would be to have like a PC case within the desk itself so that people who wants a PC dont have to buy a case when they get this desk

And oh ya if you could have a mechanism (like sort of a brush) to clean the filters easily (if you plan to incorporate the PC case into your desk which i think you should) with a simple push pull system.

^my suggestion :) (i would buy the desk if there was a flipping case in it)

Honestly speaking it is relatively similar to what we have on the market. In order to excel in selling products it must be unique compared to your contenders 

My suggestion would be to have like a PC case within the desk itself so that people who wants a PC dont have to buy a case when they get this desk

And oh ya if you could have a mechanism (like sort of a brush) to clean the filters easily (if you plan to incorporate the PC case into your desk which i think you should) with a simple push pull system.

^my suggestion :) (i would buy the desk if there was a flipping case in it)

Yes i was thinking of that, but i wanted to get a basic desk out first. It would take a while to figure out measurements and placement for fans, standoffs and reservoirs. Most people would use it for liquid cooling.

Yes i was thinking of that, but i wanted to get a basic desk out first. It would take a while to figure out measurements and placement for fans, standoffs and reservoirs. Most people would use it for liquid cooling.

Good luck! :) 

To me it looks like any regular table, actually worse, you have no leg room. Why should I give money to it?

It needs to be unique in some ways, like IKEA motorized highly adjustable table. It needs to have USB and Ethernet ports on the table, it needs to have SUPERB cable management.

It needs to stand out.

Sorry, but you need to do a lot more work to get my attention. I know I sound mean, but I want your project to be successful.

I think the tower needs to be placed on the left side as most towers have the side panel on the left side. You want it to be visible.

I really like the idea of a tilted keyboard/mouse tray for ergonomics.

Maybe add a built in headphone stand or holder. Just somewhere to hold your headphones out of the way somewhere on the desk.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

To me it looks like any regular table, actually worse, you have no leg room. Why should I give money to it?

It needs to be unique in some ways, like IKEA motorized highly adjustable table. It needs to have USB and Ethernet ports on the table, it needs to have SUPERB cable management.

It needs to stand out.

Sorry, but you need to do a lot more work to get my attention. I know I sound mean, but I want your project to be successful.

It has plenty of leg room 2'6" if 30 inches is not enough then you may want to see a doctor. Also it does have good cable management if you read the article. Sorry to sound rude but you cant rave about something if you don't read it.

I think the tower needs to be placed on the left side as most towers have the side panel on the left side. You want it to be visible.

I really like the idea of a tilted keyboard/mouse tray for ergonomics.

Maybe add a built in headphone stand or holder. Just somewhere to hold your headphones out of the way somewhere on the desk.

Yes a headset holder would be great I have that same issue aswell. Also as said in a previous comment, you will be able to swap the sides of the shelves and tower area.

Also who ever moved this to peripheral is clueless, there was no need for it to be moved from general discussion, and by definition of peripheral in PC terms state: 

1. peripheral is a "device that is used to put information into or get information out of the computer." There are three different types of peripherals: Input, used to interact with, or send data to the computer (mouse, keyboards, etc.)
  2. (mouse, keyboards, etc.)​ Is the text for this topic area so you kind of moved this to the wrong area. It would be nice to be moved back (GoodBytes).

Also who ever moved this to peripheral is clueless, there was no need for it to be moved from general discussion, and by definition of peripheral in PC terms state: 

1. peripheral is a "device that is used to put information into or get information out of the computer." There are three different types of peripherals: Input, used to interact with, or send data to the computer (mouse, keyboards, etc.)
  2. (mouse, keyboards, etc.)​ Is the text for this topic area so you kind of moved this to the wrong area. It would be nice to be moved back (GoodBytes).

I asked the moderators to create a desks and chairs section to the forum about a year ago.  They told me no.  Now, almost a full year later, they are doing reviews on chairs, and gaming cockpits.  They need to make a section of the forum dedicated for chairs and desks, etc...

Try saying something in the Forum suggestions.  Maybe if more people ask, it will get done.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I'm not really interested in the desks, but I suggest you be more professional when talking to people about YOUR product. Getting into arguments isn't the right way to deal with this. I would not give you my money based on the weight of your responses. You do not seem like someone capable of carrying out this task. Perhaps I am wrong. You can practice by responding to this comment :)

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I'm actually a big fan of this! The main things I would suggest is adding a thin cardboard pannel toward the back the leg area to hide cables and whatnot

I'd also love some USB/Ethernet ports as stated previously
I would love a desk that has built in usb ports for charging my devices, and so far, I haven't seen anything of the like
other than that, the main things I would add to it would be maybe some headphone docks, also mentioned above, and maybe some cupholders or something like that, to prevent water rings on the surface.
But all in all, I love it!
I would be more than happy to pay $200-400 for this desk, just depends on the build quality of it when it's finished
Are you thinking particle board for this? or solid wood?

And with A and C3, if you are going to have the back corners tapered like that, you need to go ahead and make them 45 degrees so that it can fit in a corner, not many people have corners that are that slight

Also, looking back at it, I would also love to see a long built in monitor stand, maybe 4" high, with hinged doors on it for a privacy area to keep things and hide charging cables, etc.

Have there been any updates on this yet? I'd love to see more about it!