Would appreciate some advice.

Greetings all! :)

Hope you all are doing great.

I have been saving up for a couple of years, and I'm looking forward to be making my latest build after 7 years this coming October in 2013.

I needed advice into where I'm going wrong and with what components. Any type of feedback would be highly appreciated! Thank you so much.

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge-e 4930k (4940k? Not sure, whatever will be the equivilant of the 3930k) being released in September.

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V extreme (IF its released, which i highly suspect will happen along with Ivy bridge-e) If not, a Rampage IV extreme would do aswell.

RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @2133MHz (4gb x 8kit)

SSD: 2 x Samsung 840 pro 256gb in RAID 0 (Might not go with RAID, still unsure, any feedback about performance impact would be great.)

HDD: 2 x Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black. (I already have two 1TB HDD of storage i will be shifting to the new build as an addition)

Graphics Card: 2 x Nvidia GTX 780 in SLi. (Not sure if I should go with ASUS or EVGA, I've heard about both good and bad customer service from both these companies, would appreciate any opinions posted) P.S, will most probably be the ACX cooler or Direct CU ii version as they have better cooling and deliver Titan like performance

Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D

PSU: Corsair AX1200i Platinum Certified (Will probably be going 3 way SLi in about a year after the build, and there is a chance I will be watercooling, which is why im going after the extra power)

Displays: 3 x Viewsonic 23" IPS Displays (I already have one of them and I love it, this would be a difficult option to change)

Periphirals (Already Owned): Black Widow Ultimate, G9x, Logitech G430

Once again, any kind of feedback and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all! I will be doing a build log and keep everyone posted when the time comes. :)

Looking good but dem Dominators... unless you really want them for the looks, throw them into the bin and get something cheaper.

Save some money and get other RAM, other than that it looks good.

Take the EVGA ACX it looks better and i dont recommend 900D if you are not doing cıstom loops trust me it looks so stupid cause case is huge and mobo is small it looks like  a toy cause there is alot of empty space i would reccomend you 600T i will post my RİG's pics when i get my new cam you can look at it is mindblowing so beutyfull with LED's and stuff. :)

note: DONT forget to buy Dominator platnium light bar kit it looks AMAZİNG O.Oi used it on my rig and i gotta tell it it looks so much better with the light bar kit 

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Looking good but dem Dominators... unless you really want them for the looks, throw them into the bin and get something cheaper.

Save some money and get other RAM, other than that it looks good.

yeah dont waste money on dominators, rest looks goood though!

Thank you so much for replying you guys, any particular reason for not going with dominators? I do have aesthetics in mind while making this build, and even though they are pricy, they look beautiful. I will consider other options thought if I'll be getting the same performance for a lesser price.

Take the EVGA ACX it looks better and i dont recommend 900D if you are not doing cıstom loops trust me it looks so stupid cause case is huge and mobo is small it looks like  a toy cause there is alot of empty space i would reccomend you 600T i will post my RİG's pics when i get my new cam you can look at it is mindblowing so beutyfull with LED's and stuff. :)

note: DONT forget to buy Dominator platnium light bar kit it looks AMAZİNG O.Oi used it on my rig and i gotta tell it it looks so much better with the light bar kit 

Hey Batman! :D Thanks for your feedback! I completely understand what you mean by the 900D being too big, and I must agree, it is a hefty case. But I actually do have plans for water cooling (I justified the 1200 watt power supply with this reason). Most probably a beautiful UV Blue T Virus reservoir and neat loops running up and down.

Also I've seen alot of people put in small action figurines inside their case, I have some similar plans to make it look awesome, I could glue tack alot of stuff to the base of the place where the PSU is separated from the mother board. 

Will be looking forward to see'ing your build. And yes I do have plans for LED lights as well, most probably white, and UV once I start watercooling! :D

I knowww how awesome the lightbar dominators look! :( I wish they are available over here where I live, but I havent seen any sign of them yet. Lets hope they get here by October! *fingers crossed*

Hey Batman! :D Thanks for your feedback! I completely understand what you mean by the 900D being too big, and I must agree, it is a hefty case. But I actually do have plans for water cooling (I justified the 1200 watt power supply with this reason). Most probably a beautiful UV Blue T Virus reservoir and neat loops running up and down.

Also I've seen alot of people put in small action figurines inside their case, I have some similar plans to make it look awesome, I could glue tack alot of stuff to the base of the place where the PSU is separated from the mother board. 

Will be looking forward to see'ing your build. And yes I do have plans for LED lights as well, most probably white, and UV once I start watercooling! :D

I knowww how awesome the lightbar dominators look! :( I wish they are available over here where I live, but I havent seen any sign of them yet. Lets hope they get here by October! *fingers crossed*

Ok, nice i hope you wont have any issues with your build . Good luck ;) and dont forget to take pics ;D

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Thank you so much for replying you guys, any particular reason for not going with dominators? I do have aesthetics in mind while making this build, and even though they are pricy, they look beautiful. I will consider other options thought if I'll be getting the same performance for a lesser price.

Ram is ram. You could get the cheapest ram with the same specs and you'd get the same performance.

This seems to be an expensive/powerful build. What are you planning to use the system for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ram is ram. You could get the cheapest ram with the same specs and you'd get the same performance.

This seems to be an expensive/powerful build. What are you planning to use the system for?

Greetings WoodenMarker! Thank you for your feedback.

This build would mostly be for gaming, and im trying to future proof it as much as possible. I do have plans for video processing and a bit of graphics designing but nothing too serious. :)

Greetings WoodenMarker! Thank you for your feedback.

This build would mostly be for gaming, and im trying to future proof it as much as possible. I do have plans for video processing and a bit of graphics designing but nothing too serious. :)

If it's nothing too serious, a 4770k should do just fine with video processing. It should probably be better for gaming as well. 

Anything outside of heavy rendering or APU's won't really benefit from ram faster than 1600. 

What are you using the ssds for? If you're just using it for games/applications, the normal Samsung 840 (non-pro) will be just as fast.

If the thing you're worried about it faster loading times of games, hdds in raid 0 is a cheaper alternative that does the job pretty well.

No need for caviar blacks if you already have an ssd. Since you were getting multiple drives anyway, cheaper caviar blues or seagate barracudas in raid 0 should do the job better for cheaper.

Triple sli doesn't really scale well. Since you listed watercooling, are you just doing it for the looks?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If it's nothing too serious, a 4770k should do just fine with video processing. It should probably be better for gaming as well. 

Anything outside of heavy rendering or APU's won't really benefit from ram faster than 1600. 

What are you using the ssds for? If you're just using it for games/applications, the normal Samsung 840 (non-pro) will be just as fast.

If the thing you're worried about it faster loading times of games, hdds in raid 0 is a cheaper alternative that does the job pretty well.

No need for caviar blacks if you already have an ssd. Since you were getting multiple drives anyway, cheaper caviar blues or seagate barracudas in raid 0 should do the job better for cheaper.

Triple sli doesn't really scale well. Since you listed watercooling, are you just doing it for the looks?

Hello Wooden Marker! Thanks for your feedback!

This build, beside gaming and the casual video editing / graphics designing, is also more for its aesthetics. That is the reason why im going for the LGA2011 board because I love the symettry of having RAM slots on both sides of the processor. Watercooling for most part is for the looks, but obviously I will be overclocking heavily.

About the SSD's and HDD's, hmm, you're right, might as well go with the cheaper option since there wont be that much of a performance gain. Thanks for that!

I'm planning to keep this system with me for a good 5 years atleast. Which means I will most probably get a 4k monitor once the price drops (which from the looks of things, could be in the next 2 years). I think I'll be needing that 3way SLi for 4k gaming, dont you think?

Thanks again! :)

I'm planning to keep this system with me for a good 5 years atleast. Which means I will most probably get a 4k monitor once the price drops (which from the looks of things, could be in the next 2 years). I think I'll be needing that 3way SLi for 4k gaming, dont you think?

3-way sli is quite inefficient.

I was thinking by that time, you could upgrade to a new cheaper and more powerful gpu which would accommodate for the then more mainstream 4k displays.