Do i need to water cool?

Longshot

im not planning on overclocking but night want to in the future.

Specs: 
Case: Be Quiet! Silent Case 800 (Orange)

Motherboard: Z97-G45 
CPU: I7-4790K 4 GHz 
GPU: GTX 970 (yet to buy) 
RAM: 16 GB ram 
SSD: kingston 240 GB 
HDD: 2 TB 

is an air cooler from amazon good enough or should i watercool OR should i buy the air cooler\use the one from the box and then when ill want to overclock ill just buy a water cooler.

I want a silent system but i want a safe system as well

212 EVO is more than enough if you are looking for something inexpensive. If you want something better, get a Noctua.

P.S. If you get the 212 evo, look VERY CAREFULLY at the instructions. Mounting it can be a little bit fiddley

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

im not planning on overclocking but night want to in the future.

Specs: 

Case: Be Quiet! Silent Case 800 (Orange)

Motherboard: Z97-G45 

CPU: I7-4790K 4 GHz 

GPU: GTX 970 (yet to buy) 

RAM: 16 GB ram 

SSD: kingston 240 GB 

HDD: 2 TB 

is an air cooler from amazon good enough or should i watercool OR should i buy the air cooler\use the one from the box and then when ill want to overclock ill just buy a water cooler.

Not really. Good placement of case fans and a decent air cooler will do a great job, and if you get the right fans, it will be crazy quiet.

If you do wish to water cool, I would highly recommend that wait till you have a completed build, and your happy with it. Then water cool.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

or you could with an AIO water cooler, its not going to produce lower temps than a good air cooler, but it will look far more aesthetically pleasing.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Air cooling is usually good enough. But if you really want to get a good AIO cooler. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Air cooling is usually good enough. But if you really want to get a good AIO cooler. 

whats AIO?

whats AIO?

All in One Water cooling. i.e. Corsair H100, H80i, H100i etc

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

You don't need water cooling to overclock, a 212 evo will usually do fine, but if you want cooler temps to get a higher overclock then you are going to need an AIO water cooler. Even people who don't overclock get them, just because they give you very good temps, are usually quiet, and look good.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

If you want to do a light overlock I suggest the Cooler Master 212 Evo, but you also have to remember that you might have a bad cpu ( in the sense that you might need high voltages to achieve a certain overlock, high voltage = more heat and higher temps) now it all depends on your budget! if you want to go crazy you could buy the 212 Evo and save for a year then you could create your own Custom loop, but thats if you want! If you going AIO I suggest the h105 (this is the one I have and its does a good job.) I don't really suggest 120mm AIO because for a good one you usually pay around the same price as a 240mm.

any other questions just let me know!

If you want to do a light overlock I suggest the Cooler Master 212 Evo, but you also have to remember that you might have a bad cpu ( in the sense that you might need high voltages to achieve a certain overlock, high voltage = more heat and higher temps) now it all depends on your budget! if you want to go crazy you could buy the 212 Evo and save for a year then you could create your own Custom loop, but thats if you want! If you going AIO I suggest the h105 (this is the one I have and its does a good job.) I don't really suggest 120mm AIO because for a good one you usually pay around the same price as a 240mm.

any other questions just let me know!

currently i have no interest in overclocking. but i might in the future. should i just stick with the 212 EVO until ill want to overclock?

currently i have no interest in overclocking. but i might in the future. should i just stick with the 212 EVO until ill want to overclock?

And even if you want to OC. 212 can get good basic overclocking results.

But to your original question, if you are new to building computers and overclocking, you most definetly don't need custom loop. If you like the looks of AIOs, imo thats only reason to get one. You can get same performance with high end air cooler than with AIOs. And cheaper.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

And even if you want to OC. 212 can get good basic overclocking results.

But to your original question, if you are new to building computers and overclocking, you most definetly don't need custom loop. If you like the looks of AIOs, imo thats only reason to get one. You can get same performance with high end air cooler than with AIOs. And cheaper.

Like the video above you need to get some sort of cooler, the stock cooler is meant for the i5 not the i7 ( which means its under powered) you have to get at least the 212 Evo (which is what i suggest for now and save up for a while and you could get a crazy AIO! The 212 Evo is always good to have as an extra part!