Haxx.eu Fanless ATX PC Case

42a.jpg

Haxx.eu (a company which I had never heard of before) has unveiled an ATX case which makes use of its size to cool processors with TDP of up to 95W. The case is called the Fanless Case 0.1 (most original name ever), it's made of 3.1mm thich aluminium sheets and can take ATX/mATX/mITX motherboards with up to seven expansion slots two 5.25" and five 3.5"/2.5" bays.

42d.jpg

Ironically you can mount a 140 at the top and a couple of 120s in the bottom. There is also a massive aluminium heatsink which serves to passively cool the CPU via a copper base with heatpipes. The case itself measures 18x420x420mm and costs €333.

42c.jpg

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/haxx_eu_fanless_atx_pc_case.html

Do you see the appeal in such a case? I have seen passive cooling applied to small media PCs where it actually makes sense, but why would you want to limit yourself to a 95W CPU in a full ATX case. Not to mention I doubt temps will be exactly brilliant if you want to run everything passively (GPU & PSU especially) without introducing at least some slow fans.

better make bench yourself

There would be no way I would get that case.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

The people who build this case might be blind.

that cpu heatsink looks HUUUGGGEEE...I wonder how is it supposed to be mounted? looks like it will cover the whole motherboard or maybe just the top half of it.

i think this one has better design for passive cooling. plus it looks good too 

install1.jpg

that cpu heatsink looks HUUUGGGEEE...I wonder how is it supposed to be mounted? looks like it will cover the whole motherboard or maybe just the top half of it.

where can I get one of those? I might actually use that...

where can I get one of those? I might actually use that...

I think INWIN makes it not too sure though

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I think INWIN makes it not too sure though

yes, found it. 

Its the INWIN h-frame

almost as ugly as this case 

tweak_dk_antec_lanboy_air_7.JPG

i personally hated the design of this case

cant go wrong with lego's

http://www.totalgeekdom.com/?p=572

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Personally, I like it if I can mod it.

Looks ugly as stock but with some tweaks and some gear on it.

I can make this thing into a military camp theme beauty.

I highly doubt it.

antec_lanboy_thermaltake_case_mod_pc_apo

install1.jpg

These cases are horrible. How did the design team churn this out and think it looked good?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

It looks so ugly and it must weight a ton! O.o

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pc Specs Chassi: Corsair Carbide Air 540. Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0. Graphicscard: XFX Radeon HD7870 Core Edition. CPU: AMD FX-8320E. CPU-Cooler: Corsair H100i.  RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB CL11. PSU: Corsair CX600. Hardrives: WDC 320GB 3.5. OS: Windows 10 Pro. Monitor: HP 1740, Acer X192W Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB / Ace Laser MouseKeyboard: Corsair K70. Headphones:  AKG K514. AKG K518DJ. Microphone: Samson GoMic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NO! The Lanboy is a beautiful case and you must obey its orders.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

This is like a piece of raw steel and the colour looks very ugly. Would rather just buy a test bench instead of this.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I get that people want to innovate and all that, but come on. This case doesn't make sense (to me at least). The only thing this case has going for it is that it's basically silent. But seeing there are so many silent cases out there, big and small, cubes and towers, it just doesn't make sense to me.

The only point I would see in this case would be if you were into modding and are able to make something more. Then if you made it like a normal case with fans and covers and w/e your heart desires, the heatsink capabilities of the chassis would perhaps come in handy. 

But still, that would be a lot of work required for such an expensive case.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

The looks is not for me. 

Would it be better if we just make our own test bench?

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

This thing looks like someone took a bunch of metal scraps from a junk yard and welded them together. The outcome... Junk

Interesting case.... but I would be the type of person to overclock the cpu like mad and then fill up all the fan slots with delta fans to cool it off. But hey that's just me.  :P