PWM Intake Fan

JdotH

My case's intakes have honeycomb grills and dust filters. So I think I need static pressure fans for the intakes.

I had S12B Redux but they wernt PWM so at idle I could hear them (just air turbulence actually). I mention this cause I was going to get the S12A PWM instead.

Thought I should ask you guys if getting these would be better for my intakes:

NF-P12 (more static pressure but less CFM than rhe S12A & not as loud as F12)

NF-F12 (lots of CFM & pressure...but noisey at 12V not sure at 6V)

Thanks guys.

PWM NF-F12's or Noiseblocker ELoop PWM fans are the way to go, If you ever find a fan that's noisy at full tilt then you always have the option of making your of Max RPM via software PWM control 

EK Water Block Vardar (max F3 version if you want keep it silent, the higher number after F the more RPM it does have)

Thanks for the input guys.

$ isnt a problem. I want the best.

My concern with the NF-F12 is if it makes odd noises at low rpms?

I'm leaning towards the F12 or the Vardar F2 or F3 (not sure if they handle low rpms well/are better fans than the F12)

I guess ideally I could find a fan with the power of the F12 but gauranteed to be silent at low rpm and no louder than S12A at full tilt.

So I just did some research & the EK Vardar F3 seem to be the same in noise, if not auieter, to the NF-F12 and yet at higher rpm. The slower Vardar F2 is same rpm as NF-F12 and way quiter than the Noctua......so I think Im voing to get all F3 fans for my case and use PWM. So I have extra power on tap. Maybe the really quiet F2 actually.

What do you guys think?

I guess ideally I could find a fan with the power of the F12 but gauranteed to be silent at low rpm and no louder than S12A at full tilt.

It would help to list your specs.

The NF-S12A is Noctua's quietest fan. Ideally, you'd want to run all NF-S12A's if noise was the concern.

If your NF-S12B isn't running slow enough, I'd suggest using SpeedFan if you aren't already.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I can 2nd the Cougar Vortex fans above. It's all I use right now & you won't hear them at all until the 1700+ RPM range. ~1300 RPM you can hear the air moving through the case obstructions (if your case has any first), but that's it.

Two of them for the cost of a Noctua. And yes, they move air. Have two in the front of my N200 case (really front, between faceplate & frame) & you can feel the airflow all the way to the back, and that's at 900-1100RPM.

It would help to list your specs.

The NF-S12A is Noctua's quietest fan. Ideally, you'd want to run all NF-S12A's if noise was the concern.

If your NF-S12B isn't running slow enough, I'd suggest using SpeedFan if you aren't already.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Thanks. Ive been using the mobile linus forum on my phone. Wasnt apparent I needed to quote. Heck I dont get notifications you guys r replying until I reload the page :/

Anyways, I'm using these fans as intakes (dust filters + honeycomb grills)...So I determined I needed some high static pressure fans. The S12B fans I had didn't push enough air. Made plenty of noise (air turbulence not motor) but as mentioned I couldn't control them. So I'm looking to tie all my fan together via PWM and link them to my radiator fans.

That said, it means when my radiator fans are at 100% my case fans will be aswell. So I don't want obnoxious sounding fans as the Cougars Vortex seem to get.

Soooo....heres what my impressions r of the fans I'm considering (havent had them in person):

NF-F12 lots of SP & CFM with lots of noise at full rpm

NF-S12A quiet with CFM that seems to wither terribly when obstructed by filters

NF-P12 pretty quiet with ok CFM & SP but not great

VARDAR F2 1450rpm...has some hum to it but decent CFM & SP not sure of real world sound....seems quieter than F12 & more powerful than P12

VARDAR F3 1850rpm...same as above but louder and a tad more powerful

Cougar Vortex loud at full rpm might aswell go with Vardar or F12

Swiftech 120 quiet but not at all as powerful as P12, F12 & Vardars.

Thanks. Ive been using the mobile linus forum on my phone. Wasnt apparent I needed to quote. Heck I dont get notifications you guys r replying until I reload the page :/

Anyways, I'm using these fans as intakes (dust filters + honeycomb grills)...So I determined I needed some high static pressure fans. The S12B fans I had didn't push enough air. Made plenty of noise (air turbulence not motor) but as mentioned I couldn't control them. So I'm looking to tie all my fan together via PWM and link them to my radiator fans.

That said, it means when my radiator fans are at 100% my case fans will be aswell. So I don't want obnoxious sounding fans as the Cougars Vortex seem to get.

Soooo....heres what my impressions r of the fans I'm considering (havent had them in person):

NF-F12 lots of SP & CFM with lots of noise at full rpm

NF-S12A quiet with CFM that seems to wither terribly when obstructed by filters

NF-P12 pretty quiet with ok CFM & SP but not great

VARDAR F2 1450rpm...has some hum to it but decent CFM & SP not sure of real world sound....seems quieter than F12 & more powerful than P12

VARDAR F3 1850rpm...same as above but louder and a tad more powerful

Cougar Vortex loud at full rpm might aswell go with Vardar or F12

Swiftech 120 quiet but not at all as powerful as P12, F12 & Vardars.

Again, it would help to list your specs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I dont understand why you need specs? Ive stated I need awesome 120mm intake fans that do well behind dust filters and are PWM.

What cpu I have, gpu, case etc r irrelevant. Im not looking for a radiator solution either. So now I'm curious, what specs would help you. And thanks for the follow up.

I dont understand why you need specs? Ive stated I need awesome 120mm intake fans that do well behind dust filters and are PWM.

What cpu I have, gpu, case etc r irrelevant. Im not looking for a radiator solution either. So now I'm curious, what specs would help you. And thanks for the follow up.

Fan recommendations will vary with different fan mount and component positions.