What makes daskeyboard's keyboards so good? (and expensive?)

Yuval

I mean, they use MX cherry switches, like any other keyboard, and don't have any extra bells and whistles around them that all the fancy LED gaming mechanical keyboards have. What makes them stand out compared to a run of the mill cherry MX keyboard, which is much cheaper.

I'm asking this as i am wondering as to whether i should buy the professional 4 MX blue keyboard, to replace my current CM storm which software is simply bad. (that bad)

:/

Build quality

Magic

Although if you decide to go with them, order a set of keycaps as theirs is extremely low qualilty and the print rubs off in a day.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

As far as i am aware they use plastic for everything aside the top. And for a piece of shiny aluminum is it worth 170$?

Lel good quality but shitty keycaps? on the webpage it says the text is laser etched, so it won't rub off

As far as i am aware they use plastic for everything aside the top. And for a piece of shiny aluminum is it worth 170$?

Lel good quality but shitty keycaps? on the webpage it says the text is laser etched, so it won't rub off

Lol they say that, but its actually laser etched but white filled in, and then the white stuff gets rubbed off and stuff. So if you get that keyboard, you would have to invest in an extra 50 dollars for good quality key caps.

It seems like they used all the money on the switches/board and not on the caps.

@Yuval

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I mean, they use MX cherry switches, like any other keyboard, and don't have any extra bells and whistles around them that all the fancy LED gaming mechanical keyboards have. What makes them stand out compared to a run of the mill cherry MX keyboard, which is much cheaper.

I'm asking this as i am wondering as to whether i should buy the professional 4 MX blue keyboard, to replace my current CM storm which software is simply bad. (that bad)

Quality minus the keycaps. Aesthetics. I mean this in the most positive of ways though - a Mac user would go for a Das mechanical keyboard rather than any other brand if that makes sense.

If you like the blank keycaps, the ruler for a stand and the awesome scroll wheel then they're grrrreat!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The main reason i am looking into this keyboard is this: it's a no bullshit mechanical keyboard with no drivers, fancy macros or LEDs. Should i be looking elsewhere and get another keyboard?

Das Keyboards are meant more for typists and coders. If you are going to be gaming a majority of the time then I wouldn't spend the extra money, and if you're a power user there are several cheaper options that provide almost the same quality.

Handing out TechRx's

The main reason i am looking into this keyboard is this: it's a no bullshit mechanical keyboard with no drivers, fancy macros or LEDs. Should i be looking elsewhere and get another keyboard?

The logitech peripherals have software but they are also entirely plug and play. The software is neither essential nor hard to use. If you're looking for simple functionality I would recommend the G710 or G710+ if you want to avoid bullshit.

Handing out TechRx's

The logitech peripherals have software but they are also entirely plug and play. The software is neither essential nor hard to use. If you're looking for simple functionality I would recommend the G710 or G710+ if you want to avoid bullshit.

Handing out TechRx's

With the price difference of 20 EUR where i live, i don't think the flashy look is worth the extra cash

I have that keyboard (in brown) and it's all down to build quality. Everything about it feels great and it's the only mechanical keyboard with GOOD multimedia controls. Hard to say if it justifies the cost, but as a programmer, there aren't many other keyboards I'd consider.

Had mine for...8 months now and no keycap wearing at all.