Win7 Ultimate x64 required space.

So i have a legit key for Win 7 Ultimate x64 and i kinda want to try it out. But since my main SSD only has around 14GB i'm wondering what's the smallest partition that Win7 can use. 

16a1498a77104f35225f34046ab5b6b4.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

So i have a legit key for Win 7 Ultimate x64 and i kinda want to try it out. But since my main SSD only has around 14GB i'm wondering what's the smallest partition that Win7 can use.

That's not enough.

• 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/system-requirements

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Microsoft suggest 16GB Bare minimum, that's before programs. SS 14 isn't really gonna do it. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Should have bought a bigger SSD instead of the win 7 key, haha.

Key was free.

Microsoft suggest 16GB Bare minimum, that's before programs. SS 14 isn't really gonna do it. 

Programs are on HDD and secondary SSD.

Nobody tried to go for a smaller partition? Even as a test?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Nobody tried to go for a smaller partition? Even as a test?

I'm sorry, never tried it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm sorry, never tried it.

Well i guess there is only one way to really find out.

As long as you are sure you have a legit copy, isn't it possible to upgrade to the ultimate without much trouble? (Assuming you have some other version of windows 7)

post-153476-0-77355300-1427637595.png

Edit: Not sure if it works only with an upgrade key though

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

As long as you are sure you have a legit copy, isn't it possible to upgrade to the ultimate without much trouble? (Assuming you have some other version of windows 7)

I have Windows 8.1 on my SSD and since HWBOT rejects most Windows 8 submissions due to an error in the RTC, i'm giving Win7 ago. 

That i no way enough

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

I used a program to trim down the size of a windows 7 install and got it down to 8-10 gigs. Can't remember the name though. 

EDIT: It was called BuClean suite

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I have Windows 8.1 on my SSD and since HWBOT rejects most Windows 8 submissions due to an error in the RTC, i'm giving Win7 ago. 

Ah ok, I see... wouldn't it be better to wait a bit and upgrade to windows 10 once that is available, since it's like the child of windows 7 and 8.1 and seems pretty good too. Is there any reason for wanting to go back to Windows 7?

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Ah ok, I see... wouldn't it be better to wait a bit and upgrade to windows 10 once that is available, since it's like the child of windows 7 and 8.1 and seems pretty good too. Is there any reason for wanting to go back to Windows 7?

I don't think you can submit scores with W10. 

I don't think you can submit scores with W10. 

What do you mean when you say can't submit scores?

(Sorry, I don't get what you mean)

What do you mean when you say can't submit scores?

(Sorry, I don't get what you mean)

For HWBOT you cannot submit scores using W10. At least i don't think you can. So i'm not bothering with the technical preview. 

For HWBOT you cannot submit scores using W10. At least i don't think you can. So i'm not bothering with the technical preview. 

Ah I see... not sure about it myself too