Logitech MX Master

So Logitech just dropped a new $100 mouse.  That's gaming mouse price, and it's not exactly targeted for gaming users.  From the little I've seen of it, it doesn't seem like it has the features that have become popular on modern gaming mice, and the snapshots I've seen of the software, it doesn't look like it has the same kind of macro support and features we've become used to.  Any other thoughts?  Anyone have one?  

It's ment to be for professionals like the Performance MX the predescessor to this mouse. I have a mouse that is similar to this but smaller, the MX Marathon

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

link?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So Logitech just dropped a new $100 mouse.  That's gaming mouse price, and it's not exactly targeted for gaming users.  From the little I've seen of it, it doesn't seem like it has the features that have become popular on modern gaming mice, and the snapshots I've seen of the software, it doesn't look like it has the same kind of macro support and features we've become used to.  Any other thoughts?  Anyone have one?  

Looks promising to me, TBH.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

• 1 month later...

I have one and i can tell u its not for gaming.

The mouse feels right in my hand.

And the battery life is good.

the build qualty is good :).

If u are a leftie i dont advise u to get this mouse it defently build right hnded people

I find it ugly. But that's just me.

I see side scroll wheel is back, just like their MX Revolution.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I find it ugly. But that's just me.

If I may ask...   ...what do you find nice looking as far as mice go then?

If I may ask...   ...what do you find nice looking as far as mice go then?

I like simple designs. While that new Logitech mouse might be a great tool for work, I don't like the look of it to be honest.

It looks like an aircraft to me (if that makes any sense).

Thought it might be confortable in hand.

I have it's predecessor, the MX Performance as my daily driver and I love it. The Master has further improved on ergonomics, battery and connectivity, so I can't wait until I have enough money to get my hands on it.
I have to agree with the notion of it being more oriented for professionals, as for example the side scrolling wheel is a GODSEND in Premiere/After Effects when using the timeline.
I primarily love the series for their ergonomics, which are imho one of the best ones out there. I have very big hands, and the MX Perf. fits my hand like a glove. That and I love wireless.
Also, don't get me started on the endless scroll-feature. I LOVE IT. I UTTERLY LOVE IT. (you can switch between a clicky scrollwheel and a free spin)
Also, as far as I know the Master still uses the darkfield sensor tech the Performance has, and that thing tracks on virtually EVERYTHING, even glass.

It looks like an aircraft to me (if that makes any sense).

Agreed. You should see its ad videos, like hand-shaped wooden props, not unlike various super car brands.

For those interested (and lazy) here's a quick overview of the mouse by Marques Brownlee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJDeuJbiKc

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube