How do I get rid of all Viruses in the future.

Snioutic

So my computer got funky and weird. And so I gave to my Dad's friend so he could diagnose the probelm. Turns out that it had a virus that effected the RAM. So now i can use 16GB out of 32GB. He said that is was that i 've been downloading games directly from steam, so these viruses came through the games that i downloaded from steam and screwed up my PC.

So can somebody give me tips to stop these probelms and tips to prevent them in the future? Also my virus scanning program for some reason can not take away the virus.

-Virus scanning program: Vipre(2015)

Viruses are not made to reduce the amount of usable RAM in your system...

That's not what viruses are meant to do lol

your friend is an idiot, you don't get viruses from downloading games from steam

You're probably just using windows 7 home premium which has a virtual 16GB RAM limit

You need to upgrade your OS if you want to use more than 16GB

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Get AVG / Avast w/ malwarebytes and use common sense. If you are using windows 7 HP or lower then you will be capped at 16GB.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Your friend is horrible with computers.

1: Steam doesn't have quality control, but they detect viruses.

2: Affect ram? Viruses affect ram? Holy cow scientists, get on that!

3: Of course virus scanners don't fix it. BECAUSE THERE IS NO VIRUS. It's most likely a broken motherboard, broken RAM or an incompatible OS.

Also, does your dads friend work at Symantec? "TRACKING COOKIES, THE PINNACLE OF EXTREME CONVENIENCE AND REDUCING BOREDOM OF ADDS, THAT'S EVIL DEAR LORD SWAGMASTER -Norton

"YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO INSTALL THAT PROGRAM BECAUSE 1 PERSON OUT OF THE 60 000 HAS HAD BAD EXPERIENCES WITH IT I SHALL KNOW COMMENCE THE SACRIFICIAL BURNING" - Norton

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Viruses are not made to reduce the amount of usable RAM in your system...

That's not what viruses are meant to do lol

your friend is an idiot, you don't get viruses from downloading games from steam

You're probably just using windows 7 home premium which has a virtual 16GB RAM limit

You need to upgrade your OS if you want to use more than 16GB

Okay. OP....

Just.... wat.

First of all everyone, while it is extremely unlikely, malware CAN affect weird things like that but....

Boot into your BIOS, and tell me if it says 16GB or 32 GB.

If 32, look at your OS. Is it Windows (X) Home premium? If yes; Install Windows (X) Pro.

If your BIOS says 16GB, look at your hardware/firmware.

Stop listening to whatever fucking moron you talked to before, he has no fucking clue AT ALL, and do above.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

So my computer got funky and weird. And so I gave to my Dad's friend so he could diagnose the probelm. Turns out that it had a virus that effected the RAM. So now i can use 16GB out of 32GB. He said that is was that i 've been downloading games directly from steam, so these viruses came through the games that i downloaded from steam and screwed up my PC.

So can somebody give me tips to stop these probelms and tips to prevent them in the future? Also my virus scanning program for some reason can not take away the virus.

-Virus scanning program: Vipre(2015)

OP Please follow your own topic. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!