Project Red Arctic - X99 | Define R5 | Custom Loop

TechJohnson

Thanks! Yeah, everyone seems to be having a hard time finding the R5. I believe the US is just limited on stock, especially with the launch of their new case. Hopefully Srgnt_Ballistic has an anwer since his last post. :)

I'll ask Fractal Josh. He said it has been purely because of demand and nothing to do with the port strikes or anything so hopefully will be in stock soon.

Thanks guys.  Yeah I think I found one, Just ordered from TigerDirect Business, Waiting to see the shipping confirmation before I get too excited lol.  I am also ordering a Sabertooth Mark S this afternoon with either the Avexir RAM or HyperX Fury White along with a 4790k and a Kraken x61.    I am trying to decide if I should front mount or top mount the rad.  I've got a Galaxy HOF GTX770 to go along with the white theme and don't see a need to upgrade it quite yet.  The only thing that isn't going to match well is the AX760i PSU, but I love it and don't really want to buy a new one quite yet.  Open to suggestions for the future though.  If I mount the rad in the front of the R5 though, how do you guys think the cooling would work for the rest of the system?  Blowing hot air in is probably a bad idea so Id vent through the front?

Red-Arctic-Banner.jpg

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I gave my last update, so I figured it was time to finally give you guys a mini update.

I'm happy to announce that Crucial has joined on as one of my official sponsors of the Red Arctic. First and foremost, thank you for believing in this build, Crucial. It means a lot to have you on board.

Anyway, Crucial has been awesome and sent over the MX200 250GB SSD...two of them!

Like I said, nothing major to announce, just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I hope to get some more parts soon. However, don't forget about my Black Pilot build, which is going to take a mini turn soon. :P

Crucial-SSD-MX200.jpgCrucial-SSD-MX200_5.jpgCrucial-SSD-MX200_4.jpg

Crucial-SSD-MX200_3.jpgCrucial-SSD-MX200_2.jpg

Crucial-SSD-MX200_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Red-Arctic-Banner.jpg

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a fantastic week. Just wanted to do a quick update.

First matter of business, I've been out for the count for about a week with pretty bad bronchitis. I haven't even been able to work on my own business, let alone my current builds. I'm hoping it starts to clear up this week so I can start getting down to business with all that I do.

My update today has to do with the internals of the physical case. As you all know, I'm going for a primarily white build...almost white out style. Because of this Sam (schgrcube) here on the forum has reached out to me in hopes to do an even exchange of my black internal parts, for his white internal parts. Of course, I couldn't say no to this! 

Disclaimer: These pictures were shot from my iPhone 5S. If you would like higher quality images, please let me know.

So, here are the white parts I have received. I think they really add to the build. Thanks again, Sam!

IMG_3500.jpgIMG_3501-e1433298498130.jpgIMG_3502-e1433298562840.jpg

• 1 month later...

Red-Arctic-Banner.jpg

Hey everyone! It feels like it's been an eternity since I last provided an update. I wish I had a better excuse, but with my car engine swap, the Black Pilot build (which is about done), as well as life/family bills, I just haven't had the extra funds to purchase more parts. However, I still haven't forgotten about this build. It stares at me every day! 

Anyway, for my Black Pilot build, I am proud to have BitFenix as one of my official sponsors. I decided to see if they would be willing to provide me with the white Recon for this build. I've heard some mixed reviews on this product and figured, if I could get my hands on it, I will check it out.

Here I stand today, announcing that BitFenix is also an official sponsor for this build. That now makes the list jump to 3 sponsors! Thank you!

Below are a few pictures of the Recon.

IMG_0258.jpgIMG_0259.jpgIMG_0260.jpg