[Newegg-US] AMD budget PC $290

SeanBond

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P1_2255085-_-03262015

The cpu isn't too amazing but it can get the job done on a budget, and if you leave room for a <$150 gpu you can get a pc that is more powerful than a ps4 AND INCLUDES an SSD. Even for the normal price of 361 it's a good deal but at $290 I think this is a must buy for someone looking for a pc in the sub 450 range. Or someone not even looking for powerful game computing like someone playing dota or league.

All parts bought seperately you could  build it yourself for about $375 (adding the price of a new psu because I don't think anyone should stick with a generic case psu.)so yeah, looks good. 

Edited by SeanBond

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

the ram, ssd and hdd are basically worth that much on their own. ( know not exactly, im just making a point)

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

the ram, ssd and hdd are basically worth that much on their own. ( know not exactly, im just making a point)

Yeah just priced it out for about $375. Can't say exactly because I couldn't find the case. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Yeah just priced it out for about $375. Can't say exactly because I couldn't find the case. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811148072

I could one-up this build with microcenter pricing.

CPU: A10 7700K 3.8Ghz ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus A55BM-E mATX ($-0.03 @ Microcenter after $40 bundle discount)
Total: $295.23

A10-7700K (20-30% better iGPU), 1866 dual channel mem kit, 128GB ssd 1TB HDD, Asus A55BM-E, and same case + PSU bundle.

Total price:$295.23

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811148072

I could one-up this build with microcenter pricing.

CPU: A10 7700K 3.8Ghz ($99.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus A55BM-E mATX ($-0.03 @ Microcenter after $40 bundle discount)
Total: $295.23

A10-7700K (20-30% better iGPU), 1866 dual channel mem kit, 128GB ssd 1TB HDD, Asus A55BM-E, and same case + PSU bundle.

Total price:$295.23

Well yeah I guess that would be better if A you have microcenter nearby which almost nobody does and B you are not interested in a discrete gpu and just want an igpu

That's not a bad starting point. Toss another 100-150.00$ into it for decent power supply and 2nd hand video card, and you'd definitely have a capable little machine. 

Well yeah I guess that would be better if A you have microcenter nearby which almost nobody does and B you are not interested in a discrete gpu and just want an igpu

I mean I was trying to make something comparable to the shell shocker.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

I mean I was trying to make something comparable to the shell shocker.

I know, but it's hard to compare a microcenter purchase to an online one. That's cheating, their prices are too good lol.

That's not a bad starting point. Toss another 100-150.00$ into it for decent power supply and 2nd hand video card, and you'd definitely have a capable little machine. 

Yeah, you can often find an evga b1 430w for as low as 15 after rebate. And I would trust that more than a generic one that comes with the case any day of the week.

I know, but it's hard to compare a microcenter purchase to an online one. That's cheating, their prices are too good lol.

That's why I'm not comparing regular online prices.

A Shellshocker deal, when it's actually good (sometimes they're not), cuts their profit margin on some of the parts a fair amount because they're able to ensure that you buy 5+ parts all from them instead of picking and choosing from everyone.

That's the same as Microcenter's deals philosophy, make the CPU extremely cheap, give incentive to buy mobo with them as well ($40 off), and train your sales reps to 'help' the customer buy more parts from Microcenter instead of buying one or two things from them and picking and choosing from everyone else.

Both of them are doing something akin to subsidizing a product when you buy several things at a time making the upfront cost seem lower and giving yourself a chance to make up the margins you lost on one product by selling another with slightly higher margins.

Linus Sebastian said:

That's why I'm not comparing regular online prices.

A Shellshocker deal, when it's actually good (sometimes they're not), cuts their profit margin on some of the parts a fair amount because they're able to ensure that you buy 5+ parts all from them instead of picking and choosing from everyone.

That's the same as Microcenter's deals philosophy, make the CPU extremely cheap, give incentive to buy mobo with them as well ($40 off), and train your sales reps to 'help' the customer buy more parts from Microcenter instead of buying one or two things from them and picking and choosing from everyone else.

Both of them are doing something akin to subsidizing a product when you buy several things at a time making the upfront cost seem lower and giving yourself a chance to make up the margins you lost on one product by selling another with slightly higher margins.

Well yeah but I am not talking about buisness practice. I say cheating because there are only a few microcenters across the country. 25 in fact, so that is available to a few thousand vs basically everyone in america to newegg.

Well yeah but I am not talking about buisness practice. I say cheating because there are only a few microcenters across the country.

And I'm saying that it isn't a regular deal.

Calling a shellshocker a regular deal is like calling the 256GB SSD that dropped to $59.99 for a day (no rebates) a regular deal.

You have to go out of your way to wait for the right deal to appear, in the same way that you have to go out of your way to go to a microcenter rather than ordering online.

Linus Sebastian said:

And I'm saying that it isn't a regular deal.

Calling a shellshocker a regular deal is like calling the 256GB SSD that dropped to $59.99 for a day (no rebates) a regular deal.

You have to go out of your way to wait for the right deal to appear, in the same way that you have to go out of your way to go to a microcenter rather than ordering online.

That's not the point though. The point he's making is availability. Not everyone has microcenter available. If it is available, then yes its a better deal, but for most people, this shell shocker is better.

"Our conversations aint long, but you know what is." - Jason Derulo

That's not the point though. The point he's making is availability. Not everyone has microcenter available. If it is available, then yes its a better deal, but for most people, this shell shocker is better.

And the point I'm making is that a deal isn't as available if it changes on a daily basis.

Not all shellshockers are equally good, if they were all equally good deals then you'd have a decent argument.

How available will this deal be to a guy who wants it in 2 weeks or a month?

It won't be available to them.

How available will a microcenter deal be to the guy who lives 500 miles away from the nearest Microcenter.

Arguing availability for a daily deal  vs in-store pickup is a very weak argument imo.

I think i've repeated the point enough, no sense in posting 10 more times to argue this point.

Linus Sebastian said:

There is a reason I gave up. lol

And the point I'm making is that a deal isn't as available if it changes on a daily basis.

Not all shellshockers are equally good, if they were all equally good deals then you'd have a decent argument.

How available will this deal be to a guy who wants it in 2 weeks or a month?

How available will a microcenter deal be to the guy who lives 500 miles away from the nearest Microcenter.

Arguing availability for a daily deal  vs in-store pickup is a very weak argument imo.

I think i've repeated the point enough, no sense in posting 10 more times to argue this point.

The problem with what you are saying is that this thread is for HOT DEALS. Exactly what a shell shocker is.

I think you didn't realize that.

"Our conversations aint long, but you know what is." - Jason Derulo

There is a reason I gave up. lol

Oh my goodness, I'm about to bump this. I don't wanna give up lol.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.