Wich mobo can I get?

Go to solution Solved by FruitBasketSilex,

So i'm good to go with this setup and upgrade later for a Titan X? :rolleyes: According to MSI's website compatibility it says that supports the Titan GPU but I want to be sure if it would support exactly this one:

- EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12 GB GDDR5 384bit, PCI-E 3.0 DVI-I, 3 x DP, HDMI, SLI, HDCP, G-SYNC Ready Graphics Card 12G-P4-2990-KR

What do you mean with a single panel? I'm noob when it comes to PC Hardware :unsure:

It'll work together. He's saying a single 1080p monitor is a poor use of a titan. But hey, if you want it, get it. Some people think "oh, this can ONLY be used for super-high resolutions" but you can do what you want. At 1080p you'll be able to max any game you want with it.

So i'm trying to build a gaming PC. I had my final build but I ended up changing everything because a change of the price on the mobo.

So I currently have in mind http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p29tbvI wanted to buy the Z97 Gaming 5 from MSI but the price went up from 129$ to 148.99$ so I said let me get a better motherboard for 20$ more. The thing is im not safe with my build. I mean I want this build to last me 1 year atleast. I plan moving to the PC gaming next year completely! I would have hopefully enough money to upgrade more my build like a SLI Gpu. But my concerns are the DDR4 Ram and the MHz on the DDR3. I want to be able to upgrade my ram in the future without changing the motherboard! Like this ram "DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz" my motherboard won't support it. Thank you for reading and for your support! 

So i'm trying to build a gaming PC. I had my final build but I ended up changing everything because a change of the price on the mobo.

So I currently have in mind http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p29tbvI wanted to buy the Z97 Gaming 5 from MSI but the price went up from 129$ to 148.99$ so I said let me get a better motherboard for 20$ more. The thing is im not safe with my build. I mean I want this build to last me 1 year atleast. I plan moving to the PC gaming next year completely! I would have hopefully enough money to upgrade more my build like a SLI Gpu. But my concerns are the DDR4 Ram and the MHz on the DDR3. I want to be able to upgrade my ram in the future without changing the motherboard! Like this ram "DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz" my motherboard won't support it. Thank you for reading and for your support!

The gaming 7 will support up to 3200mhz ram I'm pretty sure, besides ram speed doesn't affect anything except for synthetic benchmarks and AMDs APUs.

Your build should be good for two to three years. Dont worry.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

The gaming 7 will support up to 3200mhz ram I'm pretty sure, besides ram speed doesn't affect anything except for synthetic benchmarks and AMDs APUs.

Your build should be good for two to three years. Dont worry.

I'm not the type of people who needs 2+ monitors to play. One is more than enough for me since i'm coming from the consoles side! This setup could potentially run a Titan GPU? Of course I could change the CPU if I would get the Titan.

I'm not the type of people who needs 2+ monitors to play. One is more than enough for me since i'm coming from the consoles side! This setup could potentially run a Titan GPU? Of course I could change the CPU if I would get the Titan.

The 4690k won't "bottleneck" any GPU for the next four years or so.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Don't get a titan, that's ridiculous for a single panel.

Get a 970 and SLI when you have more money 

The 4690k won't "bottleneck" any GPU for the next four years or so.

So i'm good to go with this setup and upgrade later for a Titan X?  :rolleyes:  According to MSI's website compatibility it says that supports the Titan GPU but I want to be sure if it would support exactly this one: 

EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12 GB GDDR5 384bit, PCI-E 3.0 DVI-I, 3 x DP, HDMI, SLI, HDCP, G-SYNC Ready Graphics Card 12G-P4-2990-KR

Don't get a titan, that's ridiculous for a single panel.

Get a 970 and SLI when you have more money 

What do you mean with a single panel? I'm noob when it comes to PC Hardware  :unsure:

So i'm good to go with this setup and upgrade later for a Titan X? :rolleyes: According to MSI's website compatibility it says that supports the Titan GPU but I want to be sure if it would support exactly this one:

- EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12 GB GDDR5 384bit, PCI-E 3.0 DVI-I, 3 x DP, HDMI, SLI, HDCP, G-SYNC Ready Graphics Card 12G-P4-2990-KR

What do you mean with a single panel? I'm noob when it comes to PC Hardware :unsure:

It'll work together. He's saying a single 1080p monitor is a poor use of a titan. But hey, if you want it, get it. Some people think "oh, this can ONLY be used for super-high resolutions" but you can do what you want. At 1080p you'll be able to max any game you want with it.

Spoiler

If I can save more money it would be way better xD!! So if I'm planning to use a single monitor it would be better to get a 970 Sli and save more money for future upgrades? 

If I can save more money it would be way better xD!! So if I'm planning to use a single monitor it would be better to get a 970 Sli and save more money for future upgrades?

Yes.

Spoiler