Intel Cherry Picking

That's all good, I understand...we all phase out here and there. Good luck!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

That's all good, I understand...we all phase out here and there. Good luck!

Thanks!

Bluejay.....AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I checked my CPU batch number today. And it says it has a stepping of D?

What does this mean?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Yeah I looked and it said C, but they didn't say what stepping C means.

For C they say it's a bit of both world. A and B.

Still not sure what D is. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

For C they say it's a bit of both world. A and B.

Still not sure what D is. 

ok then so it's neutral that seems odd since it runs on the hot side, but okay thanks.  :)

I'm  assuming no one knows?

wait. Is there such thing as a 3570k stable at that?!

Of course, i run my z77 at 4.3 daily all day for the past 6 months. I also have 4.4Ghz, 4.5Ghz & 4.7Ghz profiles for my adobe programs.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I bought an FX 8320 on sale for 150$ last month, OCed it from 3.5 to 4.4Ghz on stock voltage, then decided to even under-volt it & it's still as stable as a bumble bee, 51c max temp on prime95 on stock cooler.
Buying a CPU that has been on the market for a long time almost guarantees better clocks, because the manufacturing process matures over time.

Well guys I have made a guide that i compiled with info to the K Series Ivy Bridge. Going to use this baby soon!

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Time to go cherrypick a i5 @ microcenter for only 150 bucks!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Time to go cherrypick a i5 @ microcenter for only 150 bucks!

Look for 3205C. Accoding to tests, It runs at 4.9 Ghz with 1.376V

Best i5 you could get!

Look for 3205C. Accoding to tests, It runs at 4.9 Ghz with 1.376V

Best i5 you could get!

Will do! ty for info!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Will do! ty for info!

No problem!

If anyone needs info on cherry picking, Thanks to you guys especially Omid and Morfy. I have found a full guide and test results of stable clocks and volts on different batch codes! PM and I will help!

No problem!

If anyone needs info on cherry picking, Thanks to you guys especially Omid and Morfy. I have found a full guide and test results of stable clocks and volts on different batch codes! PM and I will help!

sounds good I have a friend who lives near microcenter that will have a new rig by the end of the year and why not hunt for the free performance.

sounds good I have a friend who lives near microcenter that will have a new rig by the end of the year and why not hunt for the free performance.

If needed, tell me the Batch and i can match!

Can you post the link to the full guide please?

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Can you post the link to the full guide please?

Give me a second. I have it in a guide that i put into a word document

How do i post a file?

Doesnt allow me to post

Give me a second. I have it in a guide that i put into a word document

Can you put it on google docs and share it? or just copy and paste it into the thread? I am curious about what you found.

From what I have experienced is that there is no direct correlation between batch numbers and performance, especially with the Ivy Bridge CPUs which do not really have the best TIM between the die and IHS. 

I was doing builds for two of my friends both with i5 3570K CPUs. I made sure to get CPUs with the closest batch numbers, I don't remember the exact numbers, but they were both pretty much the same. 

I build up both rigs, which had the exact same components(except for the case and GPUs) and proceeded to overclock both CPUs to 4.2Ghz.

From what I had read online I was expecting these CPUs to be very similar, but no, one required quiet a bit more voltage than the other to overclock and got quiet a bit hotter. I tried this again and again and got the same result over and over. Since then I have not really seen batch numbers as a good way of sorting out CPUs, especially with Ivy Bridge where the TIM has a lot to do with temperatures. 

Even with steppings, I have seen overclocks/voltage vary quiet a bit. I remember reading that someone with a stepping 9 chip got to 7Ghz with LN2, but I saw another guy with stepping 9 was getting crazy high temps when mildly overclocked, even though he was using liquid cooling.

Honestly, in my opinion the best way to bin CPUs is to actually get a few and test them out yourself. Which is not really that viable for most people due to the cost involved, but it might be worth the cost if you intend to be breaking world records.

And if you are planning on pushing the CPU to the limit, deliding does lower temperatures by quiet a bit(Intel does NOT warranty deliding, you can easily kill your CPU by deliding, only do it if you accept the fact that if anything goes wrong your CPU ill die.)

Well that is my opinion on the topic, I now some of you may disagree with this, but this is just from my own experiences.

If you are going to do any overclocking, get the Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan, only $20 for overclocking warranty, great deal if you ask me!

Good luck!

-fishymamba

LTT Intel Response Squad Member

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent Intel’s positions, strategies, or opinions.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

From what I have experienced is that there is no direct correlation between batch numbers and performance, especially with the Ivy Bridge CPUs which do not really have the best TIM between the die and IHS. 

I was doing builds for two of my friends both with i5 3570K CPUs. I made sure to get CPUs with the closest batch numbers, I don't remember the exact numbers, but they were both pretty much the same. 

I build up both rigs, which had the exact same components(except for the case and GPUs) and proceeded to overclock both CPUs to 4.2Ghz.

From what I had read online I was expecting these CPUs to be very similar, but no, one required quiet a bit more voltage than the other to overclock and got quiet a bit hotter. I tried this again and again and got the same result over and over. Since then I have not really seen batch numbers as a good way of sorting out CPUs, especially with Ivy Bridge where the TIM has a lot to do with temperatures. 

Even with steppings, I have seen overclocks/voltage vary quiet a bit. I remember reading that someone with a stepping 9 chip got to 7Ghz with LN2, but I saw another guy with stepping 9 was getting crazy high temps when mildly overclocked, even though he was using liquid cooling.

Honestly, in my opinion the best way to bin CPUs is to actually get a few and test them out yourself. Which is not really that viable for most people due to the cost involved, but it might be worth the cost if you intend to be breaking world records.

And if you are planning on pushing the CPU to the limit, deliding does lower temperatures by quiet a bit(Intel does NOT warranty deliding, you can easily kill your CPU by deliding, only do it if you accept the fact that if anything goes wrong your CPU ill die.)

Well that is my opinion on the topic, I now some of you may disagree with this, but this is just from my own experiences.

If you are going to do any overclocking, get the Intel Performance Tuning Protection Plan, only $20 for overclocking warranty, great deal if you ask me!

Good luck!

-fishymamba

LTT Intel Response Squad Member

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent Intel’s positions, strategies, or opinions.

Nicely said Mamba, a pleasure to have you here!