100K Vessel Subs: Linus's Computer

I'd ask for it to be autographed,.. wait for the proof he's done it,.. then let him keep it...

Awkward..... "You sign your own stuff?" :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I feel like he wants to give it away. Sounds like he's ready to do a new build. I know I ALWAYS have that itch, and it's hard to keep control when you're passed by sooo many awesome parts!

It would be "rude" to not accept his gift, and I would take it and use it. I would review it, videograph it and then when I'm done pass it along through a contest or something similar

In the small and almost non existent chance that I win it, I will keep it.

In the small almost non-existent chance that I win it, I will mail it back if he sends it to me even after protesting.

I have to say i'd keep it. If linus did not want to give it away he would not give it away.

If I won Linus personal PC. I would contact him and send it back to him. Then I would thank him for everything he has done for LTT.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I selected other. I'd ask him to put the components into a different case and send that to me, so he can keep his case for his new build.

Voted to keep it.  If memory serves the case was the gift, and would insist Linus keep the case if he has any desire to.

If he's still got those 8 SSDs raided in it they could make for a pretty epic set of coasters(says the guy who's still on core2duo).

A 100k subs to vessel would be a pretty epic achievement for LMG though.  And as much as I'd like Linus to be able to keep his PC, I do hope he loses it (b/c 100k subs).

i (recently tried building) with a core2quad q8200, from the benchmarks online it doesnt effect preformance in a negative way for games really. 

anyway. 

tacos. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I would have him keep the case, it has sentimental value to him

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

i (recently tried building) with a core2quad q8200, from the benchmarks online it doesnt effect preformance in a negative way for games really. 

anyway. 

tacos. 

I would tend to agree.  However both the lack of hyper threading and Linus vs Luke scrapyard wars results would seem to suggest that Core2 is on it's last legs now.

Also the popularity of the core2 overclocking thread suggests to me that a number of others are also starting to hit barriers with the tech, and are trying to over come them.

Or at the very least dual core being unacceptable for today.

Sell it and donate the money to charity. Helping people will be always better for me.

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty