no input signal after long idle

I don't know whether it's because of the new videocard or something I recently did.
But when I leave my computer on and allow the monitor to shut off, but if I leave the computer running, sometimes when I move the mouse to get the screen to turn on, it gives a little jolt of energy to make the screen LED to go green for a moment... 2-3 seconds, and then the monitor says no-input signal going to sleep. And can't get the monitor to wake.

I can hear windows sounds in the background and restart fixes it.

Ideas?

windows 8.1

r9 290

Maybe it's in sleep mode, click the keyboard or turn the monitor off and on again. Try to press the power button as well at your case.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Maybe it's in sleep mode, click the keyboard or turn the monitor off and on again. Try to press the power button as well at your case.

As said, it seems to wake, but no video signal after a long screen off time

I can hear windows sounds in the background

It sounds like your monitor is more the problem, I would check the settings on the monitor to see if it has any "sleep" settings or something close to that. If your old video card used to wake up the monitor the it still could be something with the video drivers so after checking the monitor you could try updating the video drivers to see if the drivers are not working properly after going into sleep mode. Finally I would try clearing the power on both the computer and the monitor then try again. You can clear the power by turning off the workstation and monitor unplug them then spam hit power a few times, plug them back in and turn them on. Clear the power on the monitor and the desktop at the same time.

If you want a quick fix, turn off sleep mode and when you leave your computer (if you don't want your monitor on the whole time) just turn it off.

If you want a quick fix, turn off sleep mode and when you leave your computer (if you don't want your monitor on the whole time) just turn it off.

Try this! Go to power option and set everything to "Never", just turn off the monitor when you're away (PC will still run though, not in Stand By mode).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

• 2 years later...
On 3/25/2015 at 6:29 PM, kajar9 said:

I don't know whether it's because of the new videocard or something I recently did.
But when I leave my computer on and allow the monitor to shut off, but if I leave the computer running, sometimes when I move the mouse to get the screen to turn on, it gives a little jolt of energy to make the screen LED to go green for a moment... 2-3 seconds, and then the monitor says no-input signal going to sleep. And can't get the monitor to wake.

I can hear windows sounds in the background and restart fixes it.

Ideas?

windows 8.1

r9 290

Is it fixed now? help me please I facing this problem too

I would say it's a driver problem.
Reinstall the GPU drivers with the most up-to date version.
Nearly all drivers can go to sleep, but some have problems waking up if they are late.

It's not a race to the bottom.