[Newegg] Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 - $315 after rebate

SteveGrabowski

*sigh*, and to think I paid $565 AUD, with no game code.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I sometimes wish I'd be in US.....

The prices for hardware is so much better. Only reason to be in the US, admittedly.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

I sometimes wish I'd be in US.....

The prices for hardware is so much better. Only reason to be in the US, admittedly.

I've found sometimes that its actually cheaper to fly to the US and buy something-which is stupid as it proves that import costs are BS.

PMSL

I've found sometimes that its actually cheaper to fly to the US and buy something-which is stupid as it proves that import costs are BS.

I do not know what you're going to be paying for a flight over there, but seeing as I know a decent amount of American people I did think about them mailing me some things - but as long as there's no TTIP in place I would still have to pay the customs, which on top of the shipping costs makes about 20% worth of taxes. But strictly speaking US is much better as far as hardware prices are concerned.

Randomly searching Amazon tells me that a G1 Gaming 970 is about 380€ including shipping, which is about 415 USD. Ridiculous pricing....

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

-snip-

Its still better than a 780.

PMSL

Is this better than the MSI version? (They're both the same price on Newegg.)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

i paid $420, with no game codes. i really hate how they dont release their damn offers when the card releases. very unfair for a compulsive/dedicated consumer. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I paid $365 with no code. Offer your codes at/ a couple months after release!

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Is this better than the MSI version? (They're both the same price on Newegg.)

Yes. The Gigabyte card is better.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I wonder what's behind the price drops here. I never expected the 970 to see these kind of drops so soon, especially when the R9 290 has gone so far up in price. Now the only good deal on an R9 290 is the PowerColor PCS+ for $270 after rebate, and even then the $50 more for the top of the line 970 makes more sense. I can't understand all the other 290s for $295-$305. Who is buying them at that price?

PMSL

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

PMSL

I still don't understand why all you Europeans and Kiwi's keep complaining about US sales and prives and have not made friends with someone on these forums or anywhere to work out a deal and mail you the product. I would totally help someone out on a business deal cause I understand the prices are insane overseas. Trust me, when I stop being a lazy fuck and start listing old PC parts and all my Games Workshop stuff I am gonna target AUS and Europe buyers and work with them the best I can with shipping. 

I still don't understand why all you Europeans and Kiwi's keep complaining about US sales and prives and have not made friends with someone on these forums or anywhere to work out a deal and mail you the product. I would totally help someone out on a business deal cause I understand the prices are insane overseas. Trust me, when I stop being a lazy fuck and start listing old PC parts and all my Games Workshop stuff I am gonna target AUS and Europe buyers and work with them the best I can with shipping. 

Alas its too late for me, I already bought my GTX 970, and now I'm stuck in a nearly endless RMA loop which I can't get out of (still can't get a refund after 4 faulty G1 Gaming cards-and this latest one is actually the first faulty one, which I sent back at about the start of last month).

PMSL

I'd rather have the 3 year warranty and the free game and pay $3 shipping.

fair enough

i paid $420, with no game codes. i really hate how they dont release their damn offers when the card releases. very unfair for a compulsive/dedicated consumer. 

When the card releases, bundling the card with Witcher 3 would've been an even bigger joke since the game isn't released yet. Seems like it's coming in "May" and you can get your code now.

Regardless, the reason why they're pulling this off is far more sensible. A lot more people are more wary about buying new GPUs when they have been in the market for new months; why pay the launch prices for products at that point when even the custom cooler versions have had a fair amount of time out in the open? Yet nothing new has been released, so the card that would be the card to buy and some would get it, but don't want to because of the upcoming changes in the GPU market.

Bundling a game or two with the card is a good way to ensure greater value for the product, it kind of makes up for the months the customer did not have the product in use - and the manufacturer doesn't have to drop the price, either.

Would still have to pay for VAT, and RMAs would be an issue. Not worth it in EU. At least here it is easier to shove the product back up the retailer's butt if it isn't working as intended.

For AUS, I don't know what's happening there, really.

When the card releases, bundling the card with Witcher 3 would've been an even bigger joke since the game isn't released yet. Seems like it's coming in "May" and you can get your code now.

Regardless, the reason why they're pulling this off is far more sensible. A lot more people are more wary about buying new GPUs when they have been in the market for new months; why pay the launch prices for products at that point when even the custom cooler versions have had a fair amount of time out in the open? Yet nothing new has been released, so the card that would be the card to buy and some would get it, but don't want to because of the upcoming changes in the GPU market.

Bundling a game or two with the card is a good way to ensure greater value for the product, it kind of makes up for the months the customer did not have the product in use - and the manufacturer doesn't have to drop the price, either.

Would still have to pay for VAT, and RMAs would be an issue. Not worth it in EU. At least here it is easier to shove the product back up the retailer's butt if it isn't working as intended.

For AUS, I don't know what's happening there, really.

i bought the card a week before they offered all the ubisoft titles. i understand when the game is not released but its not cool when 2/3 games are released and the code is not there. or even email the code in when all games are released. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

i bought the card a week before they offered all the ubisoft titles. i understand when the game is not released but its not cool when 2/3 games are released and the code is not there. or even email the code in when all games are released.

Depending on where you got it they may honor the code. (If within 30 days most places)

Depending on where you got it they may honor the code. (If within 30 days most places)

its been months now, im sure amazon would have. they have amazing customer service.