See through Hybrid Watch!

kieranswhite

I'm pretty sure i heard Luke or Linus mention this on last weeks WAN show!

Luke Mentions his idea at 13:05 in the WAN show! I guess he can see the future :P  See this link: https://youtu.be/EK_K7IFP7Zo?t=31m5s

Seems pretty interesting because the notifications are shown over the top of the standard watch face meaning that if the "smart" part runs out of battery the watch will continue to function. Seems like an interesting concept to me!

Source:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology/31957143

Edit: Seems like there are a selection of watches already on their website . Source: https://kairoswatches.com/watches/ 

Bez-imeni-222.jpg

I'm pretty sure i heard Luke or Linus mention this on last weeks WAN show!

Seems pretty interesting because the notifications are shown over the top of the standard watch face meaning that if the "smart" part runs out of battery the watch will continue to function. Seems like an interesting concept to me!

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31957143 

Link gives a 404

the thing is a normal watch already takes a lot of space

ur gonna add a pcb and a battery in there and its gonna be thick !

google really needs to make an android wear thats compatible with the M series soc or some one needs to make a soc with single core A5 and a low power GPU like what powerVR made  at 16nm

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the thing is a normal watch already takes a lot of space

ur gonna add a pcb and a battery in there and its gonna be thick !

google really needs to make an android wear thats compatible with the M series soc

Also these Kairos watches are several thousands of dollars a piece..just get a Pebble Time Steel and youll be happy <3 :D

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Also these Kairos watches are several thousands of dollars a piece..just get a Pebble Time Steel and youll be happy <3 :D

yeah but i was talking about hybrid watches these cant be thin and have a android wear compatible hardware

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

yeah but i was talking about hybrid watches these cant be thin and have a android wear compatible hardware

ooohhh yeah unless they somehow got the hardware to fit into a smartband or something

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

I like the concept, this is the sort of smartwatch I would go for if I could afford it, however I'm still going to give smartwatches a generation or two before I get one. At least unless I can get one for cheap.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

If only i had a spare £2.5k ;(

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

If only i had a spare £2.5k ;(

Then u would get a normal tag heuer watches...