144 Hz Advantage

MrSushi

Hello.

Can my skill level in league of legends be limited by 60 Hz monitor? Should i get 144 Hz monitor? My team mates does have 144 Hz monitors and they suggested that i should get one too. I am currently Diamond 1. I play mid lane.

Thank you for replying.

Hello.

Can my skill level in league of legends be limited by 60 Hz monitor? Should i get 144 Hz monitor? My team mates does have 144 Hz monitors and they suggested that i should get one too. I am currently Diamond 1. I play mid lane.

Thank you for replying.

Probably. Heard it does wonders.

Are you playing on fps higher than 60?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Probably. Heard it does wonders.

Are you playing on fps higher than 60?

i play on 60 Hz screen but i overclocked it to 77 Hz but i am wondering that i will get dead pixels. I have around 300 FPS.

No. Some pros even prefer 1024x768 res and many of them play on 60hz at their houses and/or team houses.

If you're looking into changing refresh rates to get better at a Moba maybe you're a bit desperate. 

In a lot of Mobas there's teams who've had poor as shit players who had to play on internet cafe monitors, I doubt that would change something. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Hello.

Thank you for replying.

Who knows maybe the placebo effect you'll get when switching to 144Hz will improve your game. In real terms, it won't help. If it does, the improvement probably isn't worth the 250+ minimum it'll cost to get a good 144Hz monitor like the Asus VG248QE or BenQ XL2420Z.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

if server refresh/tick rate is 144 then it really won't matter

i think bf4 does 30, but some games will have 128 tick rate like insurgency

i can't imagine there being a need for such a high server refresh in a moba

for a moba? It will look smoother, not going to make you play any better. It's not CSGO where every single frame matters.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Who knows maybe the placebo effect you'll get when switching to 144Hz will improve your game. In real terms, it won't help. If it does, the improvement probably isn't worth the 250+ minimum it'll cost to get a good 144Hz monitor like the Asus VG248QE or BenQ XL2420Z.

Have you tried a 144hz before? If it didnt do nothing for you then gratz. But most people see and feel the difference quite strongly.

for a moba? It will look smoother, not going to make you play any better. It's not CSGO where every single frame matters.

No, 144hz will never make a bad player better. But good players CAN take advantage and in the right hands 144hz can turn a before average player into something godlike.

And the improvement in your performance can be achieved in ALL multiplayer games. Single player games too, although you would just call those - more enjoyable.

Have you tried a 144hz before? If it didnt do nothing for you then gratz. But most people see and feel the difference quite strongly.

Check my profile see what monitors I have. :) 

I'm not convinced it will help for a game like LoL. Feel free to supply evidence of the contrary.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Check my profile see what monitors I have. :)

I'm not convinced it will help for a game like LoL. Feel free to supply evidence of the contrary.

Everyone who plays lol for money uses 144hz, same with SC2. Youd think those games would not benefit, but they do.

Not everyone is as sensitive to these things. But lots (more than half probably) are.

not everyone notices the difference. I can't see the difference between 30 fps and 60.and it's not like I've got bad eye sight, currently rocking 18/20 vision!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

not everyone notices the difference. I can't see the difference between 30 fps and 60.and it's not like I've got bad eye sight, currently rocking 18/20 vision!

Everyone notices 30vs60. The people that dont are just lying. Thats been the case so far at least.

http://30vs60.com/

60vs120 would be harder to notice by looking at video but would be night and day difference if you played something on it. I FEELS a lot different.

Nothing to do with eyesight either way. More to do with...  (no offence) how thick your skull is. To put it bluntly.

You can and will notice a difference, but it will definitely not help. If anything, I would go up in resolution for better quality. Playing WoW, LoL, Dota 2, etc. in 60+ Hz is just stupid, except it will look more smooth. But that's it. With a higher resolution monitor, you get a much better experience. Better quality in games, videos, etc. and it will keep its resale value higher (so far as I can see).

Desktop: i9 12900K - 64GB 6000 MHz CL36 - RTX 4090 X3 OC

Unraid server: Ryzen 3900X - 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 - Quadro P2000 - 50+ TB raw

Everyone notices 30vs60. The people that dont are just lying. Thats been the case so far at least.

http://30vs60.com/

60vs120 would be harder to notice by looking at video but would be night and day difference if you played something on it. I FEELS a lot different.

Nothing to do with eyesight either way. More to do with...  (no offence) how thick your skull is. To put it bluntly.

i must have a seriously thick skull because i honestly can't tell the difference even on that website lol. and no I'm not on a 30hz monitor. even staring at red orchestra example a game I've probably put 1000 hours into i can't see it.. I'm worried now!! my reactions test in the gym is slightly above average though lol so I'm not slow in that sense ha.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

No, 144hz will never make a bad player better. But good players CAN take advantage and in the right hands 144hz can turn a before average player into something godlike.

And the improvement in your performance can be achieved in ALL multiplayer games. Single player games too, although you would just call those - more enjoyable.

Lol, a 144hz screen will never improve a person's playing. All it does is provide a smoother expeierence, even in CS:GO, all a 144hz monitor can do for you is give you the slight edge in seeing the other person faster, but if  you're terrible, it doesn't make a difference. It makes even less of a difference in MOBA games. Since MOBA games, especially LoL take absolutley no skill, why do I say this? I was able to achive diamond 1 in LoL in the first 4 months I played the game. The game was incredibly easy, and I did it all in a shitty IPS 60hz monitor, on the cancerous stuttery mess.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

After reading that first sentence i facepalmed so loud your whole family tree could hear it...

End of bad joke, im walking away...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Everyone who plays lol for money uses 144hz, same with SC2. Youd think those games would not benefit, but they do.

Not everyone is as sensitive to these things. But lots (more than half probably) are.

It's not a matter of it automatically improving gameplay. It's simply that it's a better experience overall, and since they're gonna be playing the game constantly, the sponsors will chip in to pay for the best setups. Same reason why they use mechanical keyboards. It's not a night and day improvement to performance (although there is some improvement), it's simply to give them a great setup since they will be sitting at that computer all day. 144hz is constantly used by CS:GO competitive players because that game focuses more heavily on reaction times and vision.

Fiio E10K - AKG Q701 - Micca MB42X

Galaxy S6

Zowie FK

I have one and yes..... Yes it does make a difference, not a huge one but it does actually make a difference.

You see skillshots earlier, your ability to dodge them increases by at least 40%, if not more. At least it was the case with me. At first I had to get used to it, because it was too fast paced.

But yeah, especially in your range it helps, and I just play Arams and used to play normals!

It does. Really, not a huge difference but you do notice it. See post above.

Lol, a 144hz screen will never improve a person's playing. All it does is provide a smoother expeierence, even in CS:GO, all a 144hz monitor can do for you is give you the slight edge in seeing the other person faster, but if  you're terrible, it doesn't make a difference. It makes even less of a difference in MOBA games. Since MOBA games, especially LoL take absolutley no skill, why do I say this? I was able to achive diamond 1 in LoL in the first 4 months I played the game. The game was incredibly easy, and I did it all in a shitty IPS 60hz monitor, on the cancerous stuttery mess.

None of you kids get it if you havent experienced some true high refresh rate in games yourself....   you`ll just endlessly defend your own 60hz purchases

None of you kids get it if you havent experienced some true high refresh rate in games yourself....   you`ll just endlessly defend your own 60hz purchases

I have a BenQ XL2420Z, the difference in smoothness is night and day vs a 60hz monitor. I got so used to it the 60hz looks choppy, its unplayable for me now. Doesn't mean that 144hz made me a better player at anything, I wasn't able to get past LME on CS:GO no matter what high end hardware I used, and LoL takes no skill anyway, so diamond 1 isn't something to brag about.

Enough grumbling/growling/mudslinging.

With the right hardware you'll be seeing up to 144 frames per second on a 144hz monitor. Without that hardware you'll be limited to 60fps on a 60hz monitor.

Now the question: Will 144 frames in a second make you a better player than you would be with 60 frames per second? At 60hz each frame is displayed for 16.667 milliseconds where 144hz cuts that to 6.944 milliseconds, a difference of ~9.72 milliseconds. If you're at a level of play where those milliseconds make a difference it has the potential to make a difference. Let's add some perspective though: http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime This tests your reaction time. Note the bell curve displayed and the scoreboard with our fastest user (somewhat dubiously) getting a 103ms score.

As far as an actual difference I strongly doubt there would be a measurable improvement in your gameplay from a 144hz display setup. There would however be an improvement in your game experience due to better visual quality.

1. Overclock until the magic smoke comes out. 2. Modify until broken. 3. Fix and repeat.

4670k - 16GB - 290X - 1440p Freesync