Same Internet across 2 buildings? Help.

orbofshingeki

you could run an ethernet cord inbetween if the distance isn't too long.

the distance is probably 50-60 feet between the router and the extender.

Specs: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.7ghz  GPU: GTX 1660 TI

Are you sure this is legal in your area?

no its not legal but we still do it our way.

isn't much cheaper and convenience for long term if you just apply internet connection to the church?

and, idk... I've read somewhere that church is tax free.

all solutions been pointed out

but it will cost a bit, and not to mention regular monitoring

not possible. the church is in debt so a internet connection is not happening unfortunatly.

the distance is probably 50-60 feet between the router and the extender.

If the distance is only 50-60 feet, then I strongly recommend running Ethernet. I'd suggest some good quality Cat 6 or Cat 6a, SSTP (Solid Core, Shielded) outdoor rated cable.

Buy some plastic PVC conduit from the hardware store, and run the cable through the conduit. If possible, you should bury it as well, but you will need to check local laws on digging.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If the distance is only 50-60 feet, then I strongly recommend running Ethernet. I'd suggest some good quality Cat 6 or Cat 6a, SSTP (Solid Core, Shielded) outdoor rated cable.

Buy some plastic PVC conduit from the hardware store, and run the cable through the conduit. If possible, you should bury it as well, but you will need to check local laws on digging.

were not allowed to run anything underground. what about across the power lines between the 2 buildings??

were not allowed to run anything underground. what about across the power lines between the 2 buildings??

I've run Generic CAT6 across 100 ft open spaces and they ahve held up for 3+ years. And when they fail, $20 later and you have new cables. 

No, do not attach them to your power lines.... this is dangerous, and you will fail any sort of inspection. So, run another line across by itself, separate from power. 

You can't put anything just under the surface? You can get direct-bury cable and just put it a couple inches under the surface. 

Finally, at 60-100 feet, you could pretty easily just buy some directional wireless antennas and do that. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

No. That goes far beyond bad Idea.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

No. That goes far beyond bad Idea.

Darwin awards inbound.

If it's 50-60ft you can run ethernet to the other building. If you have a relatively mild climate then this will work well, if you have a more extreme climate you may encounter issues due to temperature. Do not run it on power lines, running ethernet parallel to electricity will induce a charge into the cable, and you can either damage equipment or have a very bad signal. In my opinion, it's bury the cable or nothing, flying them is not something I would ever suggest.

I personally would recommend you get some of the Ubiquiti point-to-point links. These are relatively fast (faster than your Internet connection probably is) and are pretty stable. If you have direct line of sight then you're golden. IMO probably your best bet.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Hey if you want a wired internet connection use outdoor Ethernet cable like this https://www.ubnt.com/accessories/toughcable/it is optional but I would recomend running it through conduit. If the distance is greater than 100m (I would recommend using fiber even if you are below 100m) use fiber optic cable with a media converter on each end. If you don't want to lay cable you can use a pair of high quality outdoor wireless bridge like this http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-Nanobeam-NBE-M5-19-High-Performance/dp/B00JFQV6GC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1427394241&sr=1-1&keywords=ubiquiti+nanobeam+AC