GTX Titan X vs coming Pascal-GPUs

cisto1999

I really considered buying a GTX Titan X this time but when i saw the presentation for the new GPU-architecture Pascal which will arrive 2016 i thougt that it would not be a good idea to spend 1000 Dollars in an architecture which will be outdated in 10 month... i mean, there probably will be so much improvements - new memory, 8-way sli (lol), 14nm (???) and of course performance (although the Titan X brings a lot of performance but on an "old" architecture).

What do you think? Is waiting the right option in this case or just buy because otherwise you never can buy new things because a "better one" is coming soon...

If you can wait then wait if you cant then dont. Frankly... you will have to wait at least a year and you still know only rumors (very exagerated ones).

I would buy the Titan X (if you do not need double FLOPS) as Pascal might come in 2016, but Pascal Titan (S?) should come later than the mainstream offers, as usually

Pascal will also be outdated in about 10months after it gets released, but not by much

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I personally could not justify spending $1,000 on a GPU, let along AU$1,500 that the GTX Titan X costs here in Australia. I could buy a decent computer for that much, I don't know how anyone could justify the expense really.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

True, I own dual 780s but I'm sticking with them until Pascal. Volta will blow everything out of the water though.

GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 780 (x2, SLI) CPU: i7 5820k Motherboard: Alienware Aurora R4 Mobo RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 GB SSD: Samsung EVO 840

HDD: WD Green 3TB Cooler: Corsair H100i

I can tell you a titan x is a bad choice for gaming. You can get better performance for much cheaper. For example with an R9 295x2.

And please don't ask about pascal. We're not magicians. It could be awesome or it could be crap. We just don't know. If you can wait, that's never the wrong choice.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And please don't ask about pascal. We're not magicians. It could be awesome or it could be crap. We just don't know. If you can wait, that's never the wrong choice.

All I would include here is that nVidia already started to hype the Pascal architecture, with really bold claims of "10X" the power of Maxwell... But that is far from the truth

Get the Titan X if you want to get that, it is not a value leader that is correct, for gaming, but it will be a great card for the years. at "worst"  if Pascal comes out with the 1080 with 10X the power of Maxwell (doubt it) then you still have the chance to sell the card and get a new one

All I would include here is that nVidia already started to hype the Pascal architecture, with really bold claims of "10X" the power of Maxwell... But that is far from the truth

A bit like they were claiming 1 tflop with the tegra x1 ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*