PC build primarily for aviation simulators.. HELP

So, I have a client that I'm building a computer for. My client is big on FSX and other demanding simulators. He wants to use this computer for actual flight training, so it needs to be as fluid and smooth running as possible. From what I've read, simulators are very CPU demanding. Here are the clients requirements:

-3 1080p monitors, basically wants to have a "virtual cockpit" set up. ( lol, cockpit )

-wants to use max settings with graphic enhancing mods, doesn't want any stuttering or lagging

-money is not much of an issue for the client

So, I've never played many simulator games. I'm wondering if I should go 4770k or 3930k (if sim games are really as CPU dependent as people make them out to be) and maybe a 4gb 770.

Any suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks!

With that many monitors at high res with CPU intensive applications you're going to probably want the best k processor your budget can afford. When choosing a graphics card, go for higher vRAM (i.e. 4GB over 2GB card). As far as actual flight simulators go, I'm probably not the person with the most experience, sorry  -_-

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

cpu-i7 4770k

gpu-GTX titan

case- u choose

psu-ax860i

HDD-2tb green wd

SSD-2 240gb neutron gtx raid 0

RAM-16gb cosair vengance pro ram

Cooler- either custom or h220

cpu-i7 4770k

gpu-GTX titan

case- u choose

psu-ax860i

HDD-2tb green wd

sorry for gpu 780 shuld be fine, but if u want 2 go cheap but good go for 760 4gb SLI

cpu-i7 4770k

gpu-GTX titan

case- u choose

psu-ax860i

HDD-2tb green wd

Samsung 840 Pro's any day.

Get two GTX 780's if 3Gb is enough for 3x 1080P

\

Sounds like a legit enough build to me. IMO, if you are only going to cool the CPU, use something like an H100i. The H220 does have slightly better cooling, but isn't really worth the price jump if you don't add a GPU block or something else to the loop. Case choice is really preference too. Make sure you know if the client wants something flashy or not haha.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Sounds like a legit enough build to me. IMO, if you are only going to cool the CPU, use something like an H100i. The H220 does have slightly better cooling, but isn't really worth the price jump if you don't add a GPU block or something else to the loop. Case choice is really preference too. Make sure you know if the client wants something flashy or not haha.

Okay, thnks! So the real question is 4770k or 3930k.. I'm not sure if the simulators will really benefit from the extra 2 cores, so I'm not so sure about the 3930k. From what I've read, they don't.

Here you go: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1dUYU

Slightly better alternative monitor: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-pb238q

It's Height, Pivot and Swivel adjustable and has display port in but is a bit more expensive.

If your client has mounting figured out, you could just go with the original configuration.

Just something interesting I came across: http://www.rogerdodger.net/diyflightsims/t440_triplescreen.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Here you go: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1dUYU

Slightly better alternative monitor: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-pb238q

It's Height, Pivot and Swivel adjustable and has display port in but is a bit more expensive.

If your client has mounting figured out, you could just go with the original configuration.

Just something interesting I came across: http://www.rogerdodger.net/diyflightsims/t440_triplescreen.html

The first build looks good. He already has monitors though. I'd most likely just get him a single 4gb 770, and if he needs more juice (which I doubt) then ill get him another.

As for the last link you posted, he is looks into doing something like that I beleive, the one he shows me looks pretty gnarly!

Whoa let me stop you with the single 770.

First of all Eyefinity is a MUCH better multi monitor solution. Especially for triple monitor setups. I'd recommend 5 large 1080p in portrait mode for flight simulators. No better experience currently available besides a full fledged simulator.

I'd power that with either Tri-fire 7950's or Tri-fire 7970 if possible. Triple card solutions have much less stutter than dual cards and scale very well. Frame rating issues are not as big as people are making it out to be especially once you take the jump to triple cards. You also have the official driver coming out later this month, and radeonpro has a make shift solution already available.

You WILL need the graphics horse power. Flight Sims get very heavy on gpus once you start increasing the settings and apply graphic improvement mods. A single 770 will not cut it for smooth seamless modified simulators IMO.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Whoa let me stop you with the single 770.

First of all Eyefinity is a MUCH better multi monitor solution. Especially for triple monitor setups. I'd recommend 5 large 1080p in portrait mode for flight simulators. No better experience currently available besides a full fledged simulator.

I'd power that with either Tri-fire 7950's or Tri-fire 7970 if possible. Triple card solutions have much less stutter than dual cards and scale very well. Frame rating issues are not as big as people are making it out to be especially once you take the jump to triple cards. You also have the official driver coming out later this month, and radeonpro has a make shift solution already available.

You WILL need the graphics horse power. Flight Sims get very heavy on gpus once you start increasing the settings and apply graphic improvement mods. A single 770 will not cut it for smooth seamless modified simulators IMO.

Okay thanks! I'll do some more research. I'll look at the possibilities for using Eyefinity. My thing is I don't want to build him a computer that's way overpowered or underpowered. But I'll explore more possibilities. This was the answer I was looking for, thanks!

EDIT: after more research, FSX gets decreased performance from multi-GPU set ups, as well as Raid-0. Hmm..

Edited by weaverwacker