W7 updates............grrrrrrr........

LabRat

anybody experience any boot issues after doing recent windows 7 updates?

Nope

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yes. On my laptop. It takes literally years to log in despite having been a very and I mean very recent system wipe. I have avoided touching my desktop for this reason. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

the drive/system decided to fix itself after waiting and rebooting a couple of hours later.

Windows updates are useless for consumers. They hack up the kernel, waste space, and hinder performance. If you're on a desktop PC behind a router do yourself a favor and turn them off the moment you re-install Windows. No level of security update is going to protect you from malware. The only time Windows Updates are recommended is if your computer sits directly on the internet (connected through a cable box). Which tends to be businesses primarily these days.

Windows updates are useless for consumers. They hack up the kernel, waste space, and hinder performance. If you're on a desktop PC behind a router do yourself a favor and turn them off the moment you re-install Windows. No level of security update is going to protect you from malware. The only time Windows Updates are recommended is if your computer sits directly on the internet (connected through a cable box). Which tends to be businesses primarily these days.

Are you high?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

he's kinda right..kinda wrong

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Are you high?

Nope, I just have a lot of previous background in the white hat community. If you think Windows Updates are going to benefit you in any way do share your reasoning. The only time I would recommend updating is if the operating system itself has stability issues. Or like said if your machine pretty much sits open on the internet.