34" 21:9 Ultrawide Curved Displays.

I just got the LG 34um95. I have had it for 2 day and I already know I should have spent the extra money and gone with a curved ultrawide. I am looking at the Dell u3415 and the Samsung s34e790c. The LG i received has very bad backlight bleeding. The Samsung is a VA panel and some of the reviews I have read say it is much better for gaming because of the bleeding. On the other hand I have read that the Dell's are pretty good but if I do have a problem the warranty and customer service are really good. I would like to know the opinions of the owners of either of these monitors and see if it will help me with my decision.

I just got the LG 34um95. I have had it for 2 day and I already know I should have spent the extra money and gone with a curved ultrawide. I am looking at the Dell u3415 and the Samsung s34e790c. The LG i received has very bad backlight bleeding. The Samsung is a VA panel and some of the reviews I have read say it is much better for gaming because of the bleeding. On the other hand I have read that the Dell's are pretty good but if I do have a problem the warranty and customer service are really good. I would like to know the opinions of the owners of either of these monitors and see if it will help me with my decision.

Well, as an owner of the LG, I don't have any issues with bleed on any of mine.. I'd give LG a call and ask them if they changed anything.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Well, as an owner of the LG, I don't have any issues with bleed on any of mine.. I'd give LG a call and ask them if they changed anything.

Do you have the 34um95 or the 34uc97?

I just got the LG 34um95. I have had it for 2 day and I already know I should have spent the extra money and gone with a curved ultrawide.

I have the curved version of yours. I have had no rational problems with it. Other than it is bright as shit when in a dark room and cranked all the way up..... That one may be my fault. Talk to LG, you may have a defect one. I have zero backlight bleed.

I have a Dell U3415W and I was lucky enough to not get one with backlight bleed. If that is a concern though, Dell has a 3-year warranty on this monitors, and I've personally only had good experiences with Dell's panel exchange program in the past.

I have the dell. Mine has some bleed, but haven't had the time to deal with it yet. Am very happy with it though.

Do you have the 34um95 or the 34uc97?

UM95

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I would hope that a good brand like LG wouldn't have a issue in black light bleeding....

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

UM95

Have you uploaded any pics of your setup with said monitor? That'd be interesting to see.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I would hope that a good brand like LG wouldn't have a issue in black light bleeding....

Unfortunately no brand is exempt from said issue.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator